Old Jan 23, 2005, 03:27 PM
Scalefreak
Zandvoort, Netherlands
Joined Jan 2005
25 Posts
Alert
Hi, let me introduce myself...

Hi there,

I have been reading this forum for the last 3 - 4 days now, and I came to the conclusion after 5 min. of reading and droolin' that i really had to sign up for this... but it took me a couple of days to pull myself out of the threads and actually sign up.. Ok here goes:

My name is Andras Brandligt, 32 years of age and living in the Netherlands. I've been a plastic scale modelling all my life and now I'm into R/C..(and motorbikes but that's another forum). Glow fuel and heli's no mystery any more...(yes, don't we all say..)but jets ..WOW! That is the S**T.... I just can't get enough of them. Like I said, I'm a scale modeller also so it seems obvious I like them the most, heck, the more work the better for the details and scale right..? I would love to own a jet, thinking of F-5 agressor style, Dutch F-16 MLU, or F-15J JSDF or even any other modern jet (yes, that is dull...where is the originality in these.. I'm a detail freak, spanking myself to ridiculous details but I saw many great stuff from all you out here so this must be heaven.....

Ok, thats enough for now, I hope to learn and laugh a lot here on this super forum, cause I've been getting to know quite some names that have awseome videos and pics of all the babies. So, if any questions arise, feel free to ask me.. I'm a former Airforce sergeant first class and have lots of knowledge of the real stuff.. (I really believe myself every time.. ) and also some modelling experience...
Ok, see you on deck!....
Flip01 is offline Find More Posts by Flip01
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2005, 04:03 PM
EDF rules... :)
Joined Nov 1999
13,635 Posts
Welcome to the Jets Forum Flip01...

Eric B.
AirX is offline Find More Posts by AirX
Old Jan 23, 2005, 07:24 PM
Ado
Meow?
Brisbane Intl, Australia
Joined Sep 2001
1,574 Posts
*waves* Welcome to the addiction center... I mean RC Groups
Ado is offline Find More Posts by Ado
Old Jan 23, 2005, 07:45 PM
Watts is life...
Bot's like to know where you live
Joined Sep 2003
2,862 Posts
Welcome....Welcome....

Get ready to discover the money pit
rcjetpilot is offline Find More Posts by rcjetpilot
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 23, 2005, 10:01 PM
Racine, WI AMA# 809291
Joined Nov 2003
5,856 Posts
Welcome to the E-zone Flip01 It will be nice to have a detail expert around here One of the guys you want to meet is JMorgan he can do some fantastic things with foam and a little paint and artist pencils Maybe you an provide us with some good airbrush tips!!

Tom - Milwaukee WI USA
RCParkflyer is offline Find More Posts by RCParkflyer
Old Jan 24, 2005, 01:10 AM
Model Designer
United Kingdom, England, Burnley
Joined Apr 2001
5,499 Posts
Hello and welcome Flip01.

Your prefence then, is for scale modern jets ?
Are you interested in models powered with ducted fans or pusher props, or both ?

Keven.
keven64 is offline Find More Posts by keven64
Old Jan 24, 2005, 03:30 AM
Scalefreak
Zandvoort, Netherlands
Joined Jan 2005
25 Posts
Thank you all,

Money pit? Well there is an understatement i guess Sometimes i think you guys all live in your car and thats it.. No more money for house, wife, ... who cares? LOL

Actually i like all models as long as they are scale. I saw a pusher prop F-14 somewhere, that looked real scale! The fuselage, the dimensions, the paintwork... Good job!..

I can give tips on how to weather (paint) your planes, no problem.. Weathering is essential for scale models (normal weather, operational weather, factory weather, heavy weather, abnormal weather, too much weather! , how about this weather, and now for the weather, Have you checked the weather... )

Please post your nicest scale pics so i can drool over my laptop, thank you..

Regards-
Old Jan 24, 2005, 03:57 AM
Scalefreak
Zandvoort, Netherlands
Joined Jan 2005
25 Posts
Hi there,

For all of you using bluebox jet pilots with HGU-55 flight helmets;

If you want, you can give the visor a somewhat more scale look, by shooting a few (sometimes 15-20 passes, depending on the look you want)very thin layers of createx black (transparent) into the inside (or outside, try it) of the visor. This makes it not so transparent which resembles the original better, it will give your pilot a more standard jet pilot look.. Very cool

-Small tips can make big differences-

Regards-