HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 22, 2005, 12:22 PM
Turtletown, TN
Joined Jul 2004
126 Posts
piccollo freewheel?

Hi guys, I'm back with another question......How does the freewheel/gear assembly go together? The used Eco Picco I bought had this upgrade but the guy had it pinned straight thru to the main shaft rendering the freewheel ability useless.....in other words he had the main gear upside down (I think). I did not receive any manuals with the heli and I can't find a parts schematic. I've assembled the parts all kinds of ways but I can't make it work. HELP????
Mark
lyk2fly is offline Find More Posts by lyk2fly
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2005, 12:50 PM
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Jul 2004
532 Posts
it uses a special main shaft that has a lock ring on it to hold the freewheel bearing on.
smoothb10 is offline Find More Posts by smoothb10
Old Jan 22, 2005, 03:41 PM
Turtletown, TN
Joined Jul 2004
126 Posts
Thanks smoothb10....I found the freewheel kit you are talking about.....but that isn't the one that I have. Mine is the 67459 freewheel ECO Piccolo. I think that I finally figured it out....the "shoes" go different to what I thought. It now acts as a ratchet....free one way but catches the other way. If anybody knows something about this upgrade please chime in!
Mark
lyk2fly is offline Find More Posts by lyk2fly
Old Jan 22, 2005, 05:53 PM
San Carlos, California, United States
Joined May 2002
7,640 Posts
Yes...you're correct. You need the little plastic pieces which look like "commas" to be correctly inserted for the freewheel to work correctly.

Toshi
TMorita is offline Find More Posts by TMorita