Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 21, 2005, 02:01 PM
Joined Jan 2005
21 Posts
How can I tell which version of BR Im getting?

Hello Guys, im gettin this heli for my little pilot, well for me too, but I need to know which one is the one im getting. Some sellers on ebay have the box that shows the black and orange one, but I would like to know if you guys can give me some tips.

Also, I went over to qVc but for some reason, they have the colors and freq mixed on the helis. And they say they have the 49 mhz in stock but they say thats the purple one. My son wants the blue and white one. Thanks guys in advance.

regards,

BT
Bluethunder is offline Find More Posts by Bluethunder
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2005, 03:13 PM
Joined Jun 2004
254 Posts
Stay away from the Black ones. They are the ones that get down to 30 mins of flight time. The QVC ones are great. Either color, I think your son will be happy.
savage is offline Find More Posts by savage
Old Jan 21, 2005, 03:24 PM
Joined Jan 2005
21 Posts
Thanks man, I appreciate your response. So the ones that have the black and orange box, then those are the first generation one heh?
If I was to get the purple and green one, would the color of the Heli on the box cover reflect the color of the heli inside?

Anyways, thanks Im going to go with qvc too. I think youre rigth...better to be safe.

best,

BT
Old Jan 21, 2005, 03:26 PM
Joined Jan 2005
21 Posts
So the ones that basically are the newer and latest version is either the green/purple and white/blue?
Id like to know cause only the green/purple one is in stock here at my local hobby shack store.

thnks,

Bt
Old Jan 21, 2005, 03:32 PM
Live to ride... and fly!
Forney, TX
Joined Mar 2002
15,165 Posts
There are black ones that have the same setup as the QVC models and fly just as long. Unfortunately, you can't tell the difference between the new black ones and old ones by looking at them. The old ones weigh about 55 grams and have poor flight times, that's the best way to tell. If you get the blue or purple one you'll definitely get one of the "good" ones though.
Tres Wright is offline Find More Posts by Tres Wright
Old Jan 21, 2005, 03:42 PM
Joined Jan 2005
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tres Wright
There are black ones that have the same setup as the QVC models and fly just as long. Unfortunately, you can't tell the difference between the new black ones and old ones by looking at them. The old ones weigh about 55 grams and have poor flight times, that's the best way to tell. If you get the blue or purple one you'll definitely get one of the "good" ones though.
Thanks Man !! Thats cool, cause then I feel better with whether we get the green or blue one. Thats awsome.

Keep flying....

BT
Old Jan 21, 2005, 03:48 PM
Closed Account
Joined Jan 2005
44 Posts
I just bought a black one at hobbytown, and it flies continuously for more than 10 minutes without the body. Apparently there are good ones and bad ones, so you won't know what you have until you fly it if you get a black one.
RC_Nut is offline Find More Posts by RC_Nut
Last edited by RC_Nut; Jan 21, 2005 at 04:12 PM.
Old Jan 21, 2005, 08:58 PM
Infinitisqrd
Hilo, Hawaii
Joined Dec 2004
1,210 Posts
I bought 7 of the black-bodied, wires outside the boom, ratcheted throttle, 27 Mhz models from Safeway and have been consistently getting 8-10 mins. flight times on all of 'em (with full mods, including lubrication and black motor cans-no heat sinks) I give them a couple of minutes cool-down between flight legs, and they have been trouble-free since day one. One has over 6 hrs. on the motors and shows no sign of slowing down. I guess I won the lottery, so to speak, judging by the sad reports from so many of you. It's just the luck of the draw what you end up with. If and when a new generation shows up on the market, you can bet your bottom dollar I'll be among the first to step up and buy a half dozen more !
Steve Shepard is offline Find More Posts by Steve Shepard