Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 20, 2005, 09:22 PM
Steinbach, MB, Canada
Joined Nov 2004
393 Posts
Rave
Looking for 1/5 scale full body figures

Anyone out there have any manufacturers in North America for 1/5 scale full body figures, I am looking for male and female figures. Come on scale guys. Please do not advise of the ones manufactured in Europe for gliders as they happen to be a little too expensive before shipping.
Sackie is offline Find More Posts by Sackie
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2005, 06:01 AM
Joined Jan 2003
10 Posts
Dave Platt models has a 1/5 full body WWII pilot figure
ACE ELI is offline Find More Posts by ACE ELI
Old Jan 21, 2005, 03:25 PM
the-plumber
Joined Feb 2003
1,094 Posts
http://www.hppilots.com/index.html
the-plumber is offline Find More Posts by the-plumber
Old Jan 21, 2005, 09:36 PM
Steinbach, MB, Canada
Joined Nov 2004
393 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE ELI
Dave Platt models has a 1/5 full body WWII pilot figure
Sorry guys I should have stated I wish 1930-40 style for civillian aircraft, actually a Top Flite Stinson Reliant, cockpit looks empty without a pilot and partner...still help.
Old Jan 22, 2005, 11:18 AM
the-plumber
Joined Feb 2003
1,094 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackie
Sorry guys I should have stated I wish 1930-40 style for civillian aircraft, actually a Top Flite Stinson Reliant, cockpit looks empty without a pilot and partner...still help.
Civilian pilot figures here.

Paint 'em up any way you want, make whatever hat and eyewear suits you.
the-plumber is offline Find More Posts by the-plumber
Old Feb 15, 2005, 12:24 AM
Lathrop, Missouri, United States
Joined Oct 2004
393 Posts
I found my pilot on ebay. There are lots of them on there!!! The one that is in my 1/5 scale AT-6 looks to real. I will get you the info. and a pic of it.
gjhinshaw is offline Find More Posts by gjhinshaw
Old Feb 15, 2005, 07:56 AM
Steinbach, MB, Canada
Joined Nov 2004
393 Posts
Hi gjhinshaw, I do hope you are referring to FULL figures, I am looking for male AND female figures to put in a Stinson Reliant that has a full cabin. By the way, I saw a full figure on e-bay of what appears to be a WW2 pilot figure but from the write up it seems that it only have head, hands and feet and you have to make the torso and arms, legs etc out of material/cloth, quite a bit of sewing, and I do not like sewing nor does my wife, so though I am watching one of them I do not think I will be placing a bid. Anyway, I will still need to find a female figure.
I did find a guy that makes the size/variety needed in his spare time, but as they are made out of latex he does not wish to ship to Canada while the weather is around freezing as latex will break if frozen and is shaken/squeezed. I just have to wait a while now.
Anyone out there that wishes his e-mail (he does not have a web site), send me a PM or e-mail. He does make in sizes other than 1/5 scale.
Old Dec 03, 2009, 10:30 PM
Joined Oct 2008
461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackie View Post
Hi gjhinshaw, I do hope you are referring to FULL figures, I am looking for male AND female figures to put in a Stinson Reliant that has a full cabin. By the way, I saw a full figure on e-bay of what appears to be a WW2 pilot figure but from the write up it seems that it only have head, hands and feet and you have to make the torso and arms, legs etc out of material/cloth, quite a bit of sewing, and I do not like sewing nor does my wife, so though I am watching one of them I do not think I will be placing a bid. Anyway, I will still need to find a female figure.
I did find a guy that makes the size/variety needed in his spare time, but as they are made out of latex he does not wish to ship to Canada while the weather is around freezing as latex will break if frozen and is shaken/squeezed. I just have to wait a while now.
Anyone out there that wishes his e-mail (he does not have a web site), send me a PM or e-mail. He does make in sizes other than 1/5 scale.
Hello,

One of the guys had mentioned to me that someone was looking for "quality or good" figures. Tell ya what. A guy that in our forum "RC Karts large scale" named/ID Ren Dielo makes them. Forgive me if I spelt his name wrong. He does wonders and very talented rc driver and figure builder. His work is very detailed, skilled and uses light weight materials for his figures. See if you can locate him and his talents in our large scale forum group for rc karts or search him under Delio or similar spelling. Like I said, he does great work!

RBP Kart Racing &
TERC
"where speed and skill meet"
RBPRacingKarts is offline Find More Posts by RBPRacingKarts
Old Dec 04, 2009, 04:23 AM
Hamburger Eatin' Fool
Traverse City, Michigan
Joined Dec 2005
11,180 Posts
Here is Ron's site: http://premierpilots.net/

To my knowledge he is not the manufacturer, though.

Ron's service is excellent, and he's honest.

I was charged standard shipping on a small item. He emailed me and refunded some money.
TomCrump is offline Find More Posts by TomCrump