Old Jan 20, 2005, 01:39 PM
PRO BRO #1691
Cedar Park, Tx
Joined Mar 2004
385 Posts
Alert
No, they didn't!!!

Good day all,

I've been following these many BR threads since the inception of the BR. I now have a reason to post something about it.
My wife ordered one of the purple BR's from QVC and it has recently arrived. I was soooo happy to finally get one, I was like a little boy in the presence of Michael Jackson !!!
Anyways, when I opened the box I found there was tape on the rotor blades. Hmm, I thought to myself ITC is reinforcing this from the factory, good job! But wait upon even further inspection I found the Cat Killer mod had already been done and there was a 9V in the Tx ready to go!! WTF, I thought. I was sent a used BR? No can't be, not cool .

Anywho, I contacted QVC and they said to send it back, but it will take 6-8 weeks for me to get a new one. It would seem they are out for at least a month.
Does anyone have a clue as what to do? I want to play now!! I've waited this long, I'm tired of waiting!!

Thanks for your input.

Kado.
Kado is offline Find More Posts by Kado
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2005, 02:49 PM
Agra, Oklahoma
Joined Feb 2000
5,390 Posts
Have you tried to fly it? Certainly can't get much more used that it is. I think one of mine was a return but flys better than the one that was new.

If you don't want to wait for a new one, this may be the best option.

The fact that it has the cat killer mod makes me wonder if it isn't a really used model - check and see if the motors run fine.

Good luck with it.

Steve
Steve McBride is offline Find More Posts by Steve McBride
Old Jan 20, 2005, 03:03 PM
Live to ride... and fly!
Forney, TX
Joined Mar 2002
15,165 Posts
==I was soooo happy to finally get one, I was like a little boy in the presence of Michael Jackson ==

What, you were afraid of it and backing up to walls?

Wow! Well, the cat killer will likely become a permanent production change, but I doubt we'd see it this soon. The fact that a battery was in the TX would seem to indicate that it is indeed used. I agree with Steve, try to get that sucker airborn. You're already on record that it is used, so there's no harm in trying it out. I'm guessing there is something wrong with it though, if they did the cat killer that means they've been here on the forums and would probably know how to fix basic problems.
Tres Wright is offline Find More Posts by Tres Wright
Old Jan 20, 2005, 03:13 PM
PRO BRO #1691
Cedar Park, Tx
Joined Mar 2004
385 Posts
Ok, shortly after I posted I charged up the BR. I just attempted a test flight. Outcome: Not so good. I powered up and jumped into the air, immediately went into a spin. I trimmed full right, still spinning. Only way I could get it to stop spinning was to apply full right along full right trim. After I had acheived a nominal hover it started descending. I think the motors are shot along w/ the lipo.

Kado.
Old Jan 20, 2005, 06:24 PM
Joined Jun 2001
41 Posts
No dude. That's what a brand spanking new 1st gen will do. All of mine do that right out of the box. That's normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kado
Ok, shortly after I posted I charged up the BR. I just attempted a test flight. Outcome: Not so good. I powered up and jumped into the air, immediately went into a spin. I trimmed full right, still spinning. Only way I could get it to stop spinning was to apply full right along full right trim. After I had acheived a nominal hover it started descending. I think the motors are shot along w/ the lipo.

Kado.
puppy is offline Find More Posts by puppy
Old Jan 20, 2005, 07:53 PM
Maryland, USA
Joined May 2004
2,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kado
Anywho, I contacted QVC and they said to send it back, but it will take 6-8 weeks for me to get a new one. It would seem they are out for at least a month.
Does anyone have a clue as what to do? I want to play now!! I've waited this long, I'm tired of waiting!!

Thanks for your input.

Kado.
Why 6-8 weeks? Are they out of stock? I have exchanged 2 BR with QVC and both took exactly 2 weeks.

-Kwok
Kwok_Yu is offline Find More Posts by Kwok_Yu
Old Jan 20, 2005, 11:37 PM
PRO BRO #1691
Cedar Park, Tx
Joined Mar 2004
385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by puppy
No dude. That's what a brand spanking new 1st gen will do. All of mine do that right out of the box. That's normal.

This is supposed to be one of the newer versions from QVC. Tha blades are cracked and taped together, cat killer mod and 9V in Tx. Quite used I'd say.

I just tried flying it again and it started making a grinding noise. I'm not even going to bother taking it apart or speculating as what this noise could be. I guess I'll just send it back and wait some more.

Kado.