SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 17, 2005, 10:20 AM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined May 2003
7,977 Posts
Looking for RC club in Orlando Florida?

I'm Looking for a RC club in Orlando Florida? I've queried ama but what they had was full, except for some place called rc world which was ridiculously expensive (300)! Or a park where people can fly in peace. I used to fly at the home depot field but it was ruined by motorcyclists. Thanks!!
taekwondo is offline Find More Posts by taekwondo
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2005, 04:54 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined May 2003
7,977 Posts
Any comments/suggestions?

Any comments anybody. Or any recommendations?
taekwondo is offline Find More Posts by taekwondo
Old Jan 17, 2005, 05:32 PM
Oviedo,FL
Joined Dec 2000
1,164 Posts
Try-

RCACF.com for glow and electric

Orlandobuzzards.org for sailplanes and electric.

There's a club down on Narcoosee Rd., one out in Christmas,one up in Sanford (Cental Florida Sport Flyers), and one out by Geneva/Sanford (Sanford AeroModellers), but I don't know the websites for those...

There's also a ton of parks around, and you'll see guys flying parkflyers in most of them on any given Saturday.
R. Carver is offline Find More Posts by R. Carver
Old Jan 17, 2005, 05:32 PM
USA, FL, Apopka
Joined Sep 2003
1,134 Posts
Curtesy of Carlos (guapoman2000)

Dereck,

You are welcomed to hang out with us anytime.... Glad you are coming to Florida at this time of the year...we are having Hot weather but, low humidity so, the conditions are just perfect, especially for the larger and heavier models and the small light ones too. I am looking outside the window and it is just perfect out there....

Those that live in my parts of Orlando fly out of:

1. Tiber Creek High School (Avalon Park) about one mile South from State Road 50 (SR-50) and Avalon Blvd.

2. During Sunday's some fly at TROTTERS PARK (Formerly a large buggy race horse field) very close to GRAVES R/C Hobby Store. (They are closed on Sunday's so, no Radios would be turned - on). Corner of State Road 441 (Orange Blossum Trail) and Lee Road.

3. There's also Cross Winds Park in Winter Springs, Florida. It is North Orlando and it is at the corner of State Road 434 and Cross Winds Blvd. and right next to Winter Springs High School.

4. Others such as myself fly at the MOON PORT MODELERS Club in Titusville, Florida. I-95 expressway and get off at the SR-50 exit and go East. You will turn on your first Right on Windowover Way and 1/10th of a mile on your right there's a gravel / rock driveway with Private Property posted....this is Moon Port's South field.

Just PM me and I will supply you with my cell phone and we can hook you up with the group closest to you when you come and visit Central Florida.

Enjoy Florida even though you are not packing R/C.

Carlos
jonnyjetprop is offline Find More Posts by jonnyjetprop
Old Nov 09, 2008, 12:44 PM
Joined Nov 2008
1 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Carver
Try-

RCACF.com for glow and electric

Orlandobuzzards.org for sailplanes and electric.

There's a club down on Narcoosee Rd., one out in Christmas,one up in Sanford (Cental Florida Sport Flyers), and one out by Geneva/Sanford (Sanford AeroModellers), but I don't know the websites for those...

There's also a ton of parks around, and you'll see guys flying parkflyers in most of them on any given Saturday.
is the one on Narcoosee rd, open to every one? i see them flying there every day its not raining
kyismaster is offline Find More Posts by kyismaster
Old Nov 09, 2008, 12:47 PM
Real Time Recon
smith mt. lake VA.
Joined Jan 2007
8,265 Posts
Look here ,this covers your area...RTR http://www.rcgroups.com/usa-district-v-350/
realtimerecon is offline Find More Posts by realtimerecon