HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 11, 2002, 06:44 AM
Master
Weilbach, Germany
Joined May 2001
2,470 Posts
Mini Prima - next model after the Tipsy ?

Made my way down to the Lampertheim Swap Meet (Germany) on Saturday and fell in love with the Mini Prima on the FVK stand !

http://www.fvk.de/Mini%20Prima.html

A brief ceremonious handing over of Euros and one was mine.

OK, it's not a foamie (GRP fuse + transparent covered wings), but it'll take all the gear straight out of a Tipsy. A choice of either rudder or aileron (and glider) versions as well.

The kit is to the usual very high FVK level, so if you want to move up market after your Tipsy, this one may be worth thinking about.

Usual disclaimers - I have nothing to do with FVK.
ChrisP is offline Find More Posts by ChrisP
Last edited by ChrisP; Mar 11, 2002 at 06:48 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 11, 2002, 11:53 PM
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,787 Posts
Hi Chris,

If you have flown an aileron equipped model before you will like the PRIMA. We did some "pylon racing" Indoors at Leipzig last year. Jörg Willig was flying the PRIMA while I was flying the TIPSY. Very similar flight performance, but an aileron model is more agile of course. Jürgen
Jurgen Heilig is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
Old Mar 12, 2002, 02:56 AM
Master
Weilbach, Germany
Joined May 2001
2,470 Posts
Good to hear, Jürgen !

The Tipsy showed me that really excellent performance is now possible from a 280 straight drive model (which I would not have believed 2 years ago) and now I have the urge to explore this corner of electric flight further.

Thanks for your input !

Chris
ChrisP is offline Find More Posts by ChrisP