HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 17, 2005, 12:26 AM
Involuntary Beta Tester
Joined Jan 2002
8,288 Posts
My First Spitfire Flight Of SEFF 2003

Ed Lyerly took this video of my first flight of my Kyosho Spitfire at SEFF 2003. It was on late Thursday afternoon. There were thunderstorms in the area but the winds were down so I risked a warm up flight. It was almost my last flight looking at the take off.

I'm trialing a software program for the Mac that transfers DVD into Quicktime and that is why you see the text on the screen. The program is call DVDxDV. I then imported into iMovie and added a quick title and rendered it in Quicktime mp4. You'll need QT on your PC. The files is about 16m in size.

If you pause the movie just before the model takes off and use your arrow keys to move frame by frame you'll see how much bank was in the take off. Got lucky but at SEFF 2003 I couldn't do anything wrong, except not win any raffle prizes

This model is powered my a Hacker B50 10L, 5.2:1, APC 14x10, and Thunderpower 5s4p 7.8 Gen1 lipos.

I lost this model shortly after SEFF but I bought a second one and equiped it similarly. I'll be bringing it to the Arizona Flight Festival in a couple of weeks if anyone is interested.

Kyosho Spitfire First Flight at SEFF 2003

Thanks,

Kelvin
kelvin is offline Find More Posts by kelvin
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2005, 10:28 AM
Volts times Amps = Wot?
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined Mar 2003
278 Posts
Nice job Kelvin - I loaded the file in QT and in Windows media player and it worked fine in both.

This is the model that inspired me to get properly into electric flight. I remember standing on the flightline watching it with my jaw on the floor. Gotta love the noise it made .

I'm still hoiping Kyosho will start making them again sometime - i WILL have one before I die
jeezeypeeps is offline Find More Posts by jeezeypeeps