HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 16, 2005, 09:19 PM
2 Wheel Junkie 4 Life
San Diego Lindberg, California, United States
Joined Jun 2004
1,433 Posts
LS15PS2 Novarossi engine

Does anyone know if the LS15PS2 novarossi engine will fit in the SF501. I would like to try and bigger engine and see how it works and just wanted
to know if it will fit?

Anyone try this engine?

http://www.maxxtraxxusa.com/Trinity_..._15_motors.cfm

Lorenzo
lorenzo_MiniGP is offline Find More Posts by lorenzo_MiniGP
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2005, 02:08 AM
Wetherby, UK
Joined Dec 2003
1,138 Posts
Lorenzo,
Bikenuno has one in, I still got mine in. It fits ok. Some fins on the cooling head foul the aluminum tank and side plate, might be ok with the plastic tank, but it's just a question of filing them down a bit.
This engine will either bring a smile to your face, or tears, depending on how you run it. If you've seen the 2 onboard video clips on my nitrobike site, you'll know what I mean. And that was with the throttle limited to between 40 - 48%. The track was damp and slippy on the rearview clip, which is why the wheelie at the end trashed the bike. I wasn't ready for it.
I'm sure Bikenuno had similar problems.

John
nuovaic is online now Find More Posts by nuovaic
Old Jan 17, 2005, 02:04 PM
Joined Oct 2004
127 Posts
Hi Lorenzo
I have the NR 15, but is the non pull start version, because I have it in a Rg1. Now I bought a cheap OS 18 to evaluate the diference. I assume that you have a NF. The OS has a huge head that surely has to be cut to install in the NF, and the carb main needle is angled wich poses more instalation difficulties. The NR should be easier to install, but be carefull because this one is very powerfull Be carefull with whellies because those can break your bike. I managed to make some but with entusiasm, in the end I got a triple jump and a bent front fork. The one you need shoul have pull start but neverthelees the power is tremendous. I use 100% throtle with a rich setting and 80% exp. to be able to drive it in the corners.My local race track has a huge straight. If you do not have a huge one cut down the throtle or be sure to have the nicest brakes.
bikenuno is offline Find More Posts by bikenuno
Old Jan 18, 2005, 06:10 AM
Joined Oct 2004
127 Posts
These Trinity are Novarossi italian made....
Old Jan 18, 2005, 08:35 AM
Guilford, Ct.
Joined Jan 2004
1,420 Posts
At $400, I think i would invest in another bike...Damn!
chris
katana2665 is offline Find More Posts by katana2665
Old Jan 20, 2005, 09:49 AM
Joined Nov 2003
123 Posts
I got a O.S Max .18 [nib] for $110.00 off ebay. It took a little showhorning but it fits and its a rocket
wholeshot is offline Find More Posts by wholeshot
Old Jan 20, 2005, 11:07 AM
Joined Aug 2004
113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wholeshot
I got a O.S Max .18 [nib] for $110.00 off ebay. It took a little showhorning but it fits and its a rocket

What is "showhorning"...? I am about to invest into a OS18 and what exactly did you have to do to get it to fit...also I am throwing mine in a NF.

What exact ebgine did you put in..SG with slide carb..?

Thanks
Smitty
rcer666 is offline Find More Posts by rcer666
Old Jan 22, 2005, 06:28 AM
Joined Aug 2004
113 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Anyone...?

Smitty
rcer666 is offline Find More Posts by rcer666
Old Jan 22, 2005, 06:47 AM
Guilford, Ct.
Joined Jan 2004
1,420 Posts
i think he meant shoehorning...but its all the same...might have to check out that engine..
katana2665 is offline Find More Posts by katana2665
Old Jan 22, 2005, 07:18 AM
2 Wheel Junkie 4 Life
Joined Jun 2004
1,433 Posts
Well, currently I do have two NF's and the Bergonzoni, which I'm still trying to get my starter box working. One of the NF's has the Novarossi .12 and the other has the Siro .12, but I need more power then the .12 can provide since I would like to try stunting with the bike by wheelie's and the .12 just cannot put the front tire off the ground.

I was just looking for a more powerful engine that will fit without too much extreme modifications? I thought the LS .15 would fit without doing too much? But, boys like power so that is the goal.

I'm dialing in my second NF and my first one rocks and runs great! Almost 2 1/2 gallons has been run through the engine. I need to get the bergonzoni going though.

Lorenzo
Old Jan 22, 2005, 09:34 AM
STeve B in NC
North Carolina, USA
Joined Sep 2003
7,756 Posts
Lorenzo, did you have much trouble with the Sirio engine? I just got my NF together completely kit, including the engine that came with it. Any tweaks you can pass on to get it running when the time comes?

TIA

STeve B n NC
mollycbr123 is offline Find More Posts by mollycbr123
Old Jan 22, 2005, 10:07 AM
2 Wheel Junkie 4 Life
Joined Jun 2004
1,433 Posts
I changed the plug to an OS A3 and didn't change any settings. It fired right up and I just let it run rich until I could run several tanks of gas though it. It might bog down just a tad, but just give it a little gas until it warms up and then just let it run about until the engine can brake in a bit.

About the only thing that I found out about priming the engine is to pinch the rear tube that comes out the bottom and blow into the exhaust pipe, which will force fuel into the carb. This is about the only way you can prime it.

Lorenzo
Old Jan 22, 2005, 12:29 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,674 Posts
I prime my nitro engines by putting my finger/thumb over the exhaust tip and pulling the starter a couple of times... I don't have a nitro bike yet (40+ cars, 5 nitro)but I'm sure using your finger vs. putting the exhaust in your mouth would taste better and be healthier...LOL

that is... if you can (I'm not familiar with the nitro bike's layout)
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
Old Jan 22, 2005, 01:54 PM
Joined Oct 2004
127 Posts
Hi there
I have already posted somewhere else that I have a OS 18 in a RG1 waiting for run in. The Os 18 will need some mods to install in the NF. This engine has a huge head and has to betrimmed to be able to fit in the bike without interfirinfg with the gas tank. Also the main needle is angled but I think in the NF there is no trouble with that. In the RG1 I had to trim also the side plates, but no major trouble.
Old Jan 22, 2005, 02:01 PM
Joined Oct 2004
127 Posts
See finally gave in thread