HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 15, 2005, 06:33 PM
Colorado Springs, Co
Joined Oct 2004
464 Posts
apc props on gws 350 gearbox

Hello,
This has probably been asked before, but the search seems to return no results no matter what I put in it.

How do I get an APC E series prop to mount to an GWS EPS 350 gearbox? The smallest adapter that comes with the props seems to be to large and the prop wobbles on the shaft rather being snug.

thanks,
tim
schaubro is offline Find More Posts by schaubro
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 15, 2005, 06:53 PM
Team Visa
Norway
Joined Oct 2004
169 Posts
I have used the rubber bushnings that comes with the servos. Slide one or two over the shaft, use a bigger washer and when you tighten the nut then the rubber will compress and expand to fill the gap...
Bjorn Tore is offline Find More Posts by Bjorn Tore
Old Jan 15, 2005, 10:40 PM
United States, CA, Ontario
Joined Mar 2002
7,654 Posts
I use thease,got em from allerc ,aeromicro..Dennis
Dennis Everett is offline Find More Posts by Dennis Everett
Old Jan 15, 2005, 10:45 PM
United States, CA, Ontario
Joined Mar 2002
7,654 Posts
You did say e props,did you mean slowflyer?They wont work with e props,I think you will find that the slowflyer prop will work much better,....................Dennis
Dennis Everett is offline Find More Posts by Dennis Everett
Old Jan 15, 2005, 11:01 PM
ElectriGlo Pilot
Ashburn, Virginia, United States
Joined Dec 2003
878 Posts
You can use GWS prop savers.... the saver engages the nut on the shaft and then the shaft of the savers come in a couple diameters that fit (I think) both diameters of APC SF prop inserts.
Trogdor is offline Find More Posts by Trogdor
Old Jan 15, 2005, 11:52 PM
CSI
I promise, just ONE more order
Del Rio Intl, Texas, United States
Joined Feb 2004
3,983 Posts
I use the E props all the time with no problems. There is a old thread on here with a picture of a prop saver type setup. The key was to use a piece of silicone medium size fuel tubing. Cut a piece slightly longer than the thickness of the hub, just a little should stick out of the front of the prop hub. Slide this on the GWS shaft, put the washer on, then tighten down the nut. It will compress the fuel tube that sticks out and mount the prop nice and straight. It works well and acts as a prop saver too. I don't know where the picture and thread is located, but it is on here somewhere.
Ken
CSI is offline Find More Posts by CSI
RCG Plus Member