SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Fotta, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 25, 2006, 05:08 AM
Joined Dec 2005
39 Posts
great advice and thanks steve

sorry if this is in the wrong thread but as you are mentioning ppl ripping off the br series,i was flicking through the 'i want one of those.com'booklet and
page 14 there is an ugly/cheap looking thing called spinblade 59.99.

it looks like these patent muggers cant even be bothered to think of an original name,unless they are hoping to make sales on people getting the names confused,id be gutted if one of these turned up on xmass day and not a bladerunner.

/peace
madriff is offline Find More Posts by madriff
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2006, 06:10 PM
4000 posts?!
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2005
4,045 Posts
no no, the spinblade is a differant heli. i own one and it doesnt use Petters rotor head design. the SpinBlade is actually a heli designed by another member here on RCG, Matt Keennon, a rather nice guy. there's really good mod thread in the multi-rotor heli forum for it. its a very stable heli, 2 channel (up, down, left right, forward controll is set by CG placement), and fully proportional. its a pretty nice bird, a great match for the BR.

nick
micro_builder is online now Find More Posts by micro_builder
Old Jan 25, 2006, 07:37 PM
Cincinnati, Ohio USA
Joined Nov 2000
4,359 Posts
You know, several of us old die-hard BR fans are having a really good laugh at you, in our PM's to each other. We all know what kind of person you are, and we all send you a great big Bronx Cheer ! Keep on making your asinine statements and keep us all rolling on the floor.

Thanks for all the laughs,
Steve

You know we were just saying the same thing about you over in the Wild Wheels/Multi Rotor Forum. In our PM's to each other we just cannot believe that you are still fancying yourself as the Non-official Bladerunner Moderator/Poobah. We do find your posts entertaining though, especially the ones where you thrash noobies & warn them that they are too dumb to tamper with the delicate & complex electronics on the space-age Bladerunner!

Must be nice to be retired & dedicate your remaining years to the advancement of the toy.

-Mike-
mrebman is offline Find More Posts by mrebman
Old Sep 07, 2006, 03:38 PM
London UK
Joined May 2002
102 Posts
I have a BR2 that cannot be used because replacement batteries and motors are unavailable in the UK.
The most inportant inprovement would be for spares to be readily available.

Bigsey
Bigsey is offline Find More Posts by Bigsey
Old Sep 11, 2006, 01:41 AM
Joined Sep 2006
5 Posts
heat sinks

I think a great motor saving improvment would be heat sinks, (sorry steve thread nazi) I am sure I could find out what glue to use and the best materials to use in another thread and I HAVE read them all... I just decided to not go through them again.

Unlike certain "experts" (steve) .. I have better things to do than re-read old threads to find what I am looking for and would rather ask friendly people here...

Sure... I'm no soldering expert... or electronics experts (although my degree may say otherwise...)

I know how to do things once I am told what to do.... like most people and dont berate them for asking.

sooo anyway... im sorry to everyone for that rant.

and I know this isnt the correct forum but the others all seem dead.

What have people used for heat sinks and what adhesive have they used to hold them in place?
brslk is offline Find More Posts by brslk
Old Sep 11, 2006, 10:47 AM
4000 posts?!
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2005
4,045 Posts
i never added any, so i cant really say, but here's what the search results gave me for heat sinks:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=471516
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=327459
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=322188
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320351

nick
micro_builder is online now Find More Posts by micro_builder
Old Sep 11, 2006, 09:54 PM
Joined Sep 2006
5 Posts
Thanx micro builder.
brslk is offline Find More Posts by brslk
Old Dec 13, 2006, 11:06 PM
R/C unconditionnal
cote nord/quebec/canada
Joined Dec 2004
284 Posts
some things never change...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrebman
We do find your posts entertaining though, especially the ones where you thrash noobies & warn them that they are too dumb to tamper with the delicate & complex electronics on the space-age Bladerunner!

Must be nice to be retired & dedicate your remaining years to the advancement of the toy.

-Mike-
it,s probably been a year since my last visit and i see it has'nt change at all...lol
good day all and season's greetings to every one of you,that includes you Steve naturally...lol...give the newbies a break for christmas!!!! loll
omdunor is offline Find More Posts by omdunor
Old Dec 14, 2006, 10:17 PM
Joined Dec 2006
3 Posts
stronger rotors
bigger back prop so it goes faster
longer battery life
hsv_v8 is offline Find More Posts by hsv_v8
Old Dec 26, 2006, 07:31 PM
Joined Dec 2006
1 Posts
Just got my BR2 for Christmas. My first RC heli. So far, I'm having difficulties achieving anything but up, hover and crash. Haven't been able to yet trim out the rotation, but have read several threads on how to address.

As for improvements, I would strongly support a more comprehensive manual - basic definitions of operation (there is no mention of what how the tail rotor is to operate), how to adjust trim beyond the trim control - all complete with some photos to explain.
Brian Boles is offline Find More Posts by Brian Boles
Old Nov 02, 2007, 07:53 PM
Joined Apr 2007
7 Posts
Plug and play Lipo batteries So You can fly while charging the other
goldslinger is offline Find More Posts by goldslinger
Old Dec 26, 2007, 08:33 AM
Joined Dec 2007
2 Posts
Longer flying time. The BlackGhost only lasts 3-6 mins!

Faster. Flys at like 1 Mph.

AND MISSILES!!! Big ones! Ones that go BOOM.
Fooglebum is offline Find More Posts by Fooglebum
Old Jan 02, 2008, 04:53 PM
Joined Jan 2008
6 Posts
I'll add another vote to the majority: Plug & Play batteries, and more pitch authority.

I've noticed that even a moderate pitch (caused by breezes for instance) results in blade collision, so maybe the design can't tolerate more authority.
bsimons is offline Find More Posts by bsimons
Old Jun 01, 2008, 10:14 PM
Joined Jun 2008
1 Posts
Should think about using a small motor geared to the main rotor gear to generate power and supply a continuous charge to the capacitor or whatever the battery is. If this could be done, perhaps a rotor at the back end of the tail for forward propulsion could be possible.
Brownsy67 is offline Find More Posts by Brownsy67
Old Mar 07, 2009, 08:01 PM
Joined Dec 2008
1 Posts
How about some tougher drive gears?
The most vulnerable little one should be brass.
Mine lasted all of 20 minutes flying time.
I have one very disappointed kid.
Now where do I find a replacement gear?
whirlyblues is offline Find More Posts by whirlyblues