SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Fotta, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 24, 2005, 12:08 PM
Joined Apr 2005
5 Posts
How about making it do other things apart from Up and Down?

I have bought a number or buildable R/C models over the years and they have all lived up to their promises apart from the Blade Runner.

My friend and I both bought a blade runner beleiving the demonstration video in the store and the salesman. How about making it fly forward or backward or even sideways, like in the video?

Why does it have no meaningful control or manuvrability (apart from up and down) and is there someting that can be done to correct this?
MattChopper is offline Find More Posts by MattChopper
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 24, 2005, 12:12 PM
Joined Apr 2005
5 Posts
Making it do other things apart from just Up and Down would be nice

I have bought a number or buildable R/C models over the years and they have all lived up to their promises apart from the Blade Runner.

My friend and I both bought a blade runner beleiving the demonstration video in the store and the salesman. How about making it fly forward or backward or even sideways, like in the video?

Why does it have no meaningful control or manuvrability (apart from up and down) and is there someting that can be done to correct this?
MattChopper is offline Find More Posts by MattChopper
Old Apr 24, 2005, 12:47 PM
Infinitisqrd
Hilo, Hawaii
Joined Dec 2004
1,210 Posts
Matt : Read the posts before you carry your rant to every open thread. Read what I wrote to JTyson. The subject of FF has been discussed to death here. By doing some mods you can get just a bit of FF, but not much more than a snail's pace. The design of the rotor system is made to keep the BR stable in hover, and it will always try to return to a hover whenever you try to make it go some other direction.

Are you old enough to understand that what you see on tv is not always what you get ? Clever camera work can make a rock look like an aerobatic wonder.

Read this document:

http://theclassroom.50megs.com/Blade...nformation.pdf

Learn how to use the search feature, and quit wasting space posting on every thread.

Aloha, Steve
Steve Shepard is offline Find More Posts by Steve Shepard
Old Apr 27, 2005, 12:58 PM
Joined Apr 2005
82 Posts
My NEW BR Improvement "Wish list"

A lot has already been mentioned but this is my wish list as well for the BR II

1. Plug in "Contact" type battery
2. Easy access motor replacement
3. Heat Coils
4. New Landing Gear Design (Bend)
5. Canopy options like a Bell, Cobra etc.
6. A better looking controller
7. Glow in the dark Rotor Blade Connectors (Imagine that?)
8. Longer last motors, I don't care what kind...just longer lasting
9. Possible naviagtion lights i.e. small LED?

and here it is, number 10

10. Just bring a NEW Bladerunner to market! No doubt the BR II will be outstanding.
awhush is offline Find More Posts by awhush
Old May 17, 2005, 12:40 PM
Cincinnati, Ohio USA
Joined Nov 2000
4,359 Posts
Here is a good improvement. How about getting rid of the goofy plastic "Pouch" style body in favor or a lightweight foam body. I have a competitors Heli whose foam body spreads into 2 Halves, you just split the seam down the middle & the body falls off. Then after lubing the gears, just use some Elmers or Foam glue or even velcro & pop the two halves back together, very simple & the body only weighs 3 Grams.

-Mike-
mrebman is offline Find More Posts by mrebman
Old May 18, 2005, 12:30 AM
Joined Oct 2004
87 Posts
Yes, the egg shape of that body also adds stability and reduces the "pendulum" effect which can sometimes occur.

The rigidness of that canopy facilitates a series of slots to allow air flow to cool the motors and internals as well.
smoothchat is offline Find More Posts by smoothchat
Old May 18, 2005, 12:29 PM
Cincinnati, Ohio USA
Joined Nov 2000
4,359 Posts
smoothchat:
Yes, & the slots are both on the upper & lower body facilitating "Flow Thru" air thus
improving motor cooling. The rigid foam allows me to more easily grip the heli when plugging the charging plug without the squishing the BR pouch body. The Bladerunner designers have a lot of work to do & I'm sure they will but they better hurry before the clones eat all their lunch, the competition is simply offering a better product right now.

-Mike-
mrebman is offline Find More Posts by mrebman
Old May 19, 2005, 03:14 AM
Joined Apr 2005
63 Posts
would be nice having easier solder joints for the antena, batterie and engines as i find them breaking quiet easy and hard to solder back on, i think the .5g more weight is justifiable.
i dont know if someone already made this suggestion...
hakim is offline Find More Posts by hakim
Old May 20, 2005, 05:26 PM
R/C unconditionnal
cote nord/quebec/canada
Joined Dec 2004
284 Posts
no,we've learn to solder instead...lol
omdunor is offline Find More Posts by omdunor
Old May 24, 2005, 08:50 AM
Joined Apr 2005
63 Posts
im happy for you if you have... ...i havent
hakim is offline Find More Posts by hakim
Old May 24, 2005, 11:46 AM
Infinitisqrd
Hilo, Hawaii
Joined Dec 2004
1,210 Posts
Then don't try to mess around with anything electronic until you do. (Doh !)

Steve
Old Aug 26, 2005, 11:30 PM
Joined Aug 2005
49 Posts
Please have a bigger prop might go forward better and maybe you can make it so that the main props don't or CAN'T knowck into each other
brboy is offline Find More Posts by brboy
Old Sep 16, 2005, 03:22 PM
ID
Joined Apr 2005
444 Posts
How about a more "official" looking controller......something that resembles a Futaba radio. People will think it is a better heli if it has a not so toyish looking controller.

Just my 2 cents!

Cheers

BTW, the BladeRunner is GREAT!
Sky HawK is offline Find More Posts by Sky HawK
Old Sep 16, 2005, 03:25 PM
ID
Joined Apr 2005
444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Shepard
Then don't try to mess around with anything electronic until you do. (Doh !)

Steve

HOW does THAT contribute to BR Suggestions? Are you just out to put people down or what?

Encouragement to newbies and such will work much better. Quit putting them down and running them off!

Happy Flying!
Sky HawK is offline Find More Posts by Sky HawK
Old Sep 16, 2005, 05:55 PM
Infinitisqrd
Hilo, Hawaii
Joined Dec 2004
1,210 Posts
Sky Hawk : Sometimes being short and blunt is the only way some people can get the idea. I'm not here to baby and coddle newbies. I tell it like it is, like or not. If you don't like my "bedside manner", don't read my posts.

Good Day,
Steve

Edit : The fact the BR's body was sealed at the factory, and the innards not made accessible should tell you the manufacturer did not intend for the BR to be fiddled with. If it was intended for us to have more involvement with the PCB, it would have been designed differently. The fact still remains, if you don't possess the skills needed to work on such small items, then you have no business fiddling around with them, until you gain such skills. The BR is a mighty expensive "learning tool". There are many, cost-free ways of learning to solder such small pads, without sacrificing your toy. Search for a thread by a user called "Twitt", to see what I mean.
Last edited by Steve Shepard; Sep 16, 2005 at 06:11 PM.