HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 10, 2002, 09:24 AM
stonington , conn....usa
Joined Sep 2001
175 Posts
soling one meter

This is my forum now.....and it's going to be dedicated to my soling one meter for the time being..
just kidding....any of you guys have boats for days when gravity attacks?....Bruce
Brucejay34 is offline Find More Posts by Brucejay34
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 10, 2002, 09:39 AM
Outside of Dyer, Tn. USA
Joined May 2000
7,135 Posts
Can I share the forum? No, I don't have any boats but I've been looking at the ones in Tower. Any suggestions?
Don Sims is offline Find More Posts by Don Sims
Old Mar 15, 2002, 06:00 PM
stonington , conn....usa
Joined Sep 2001
175 Posts
sharing

sure....i was kidding,
i dont know alot about these boats but i bought a soling one meter to race my brothers america's cup boat(stars and stripes) when he comes from indiana...
theyre as varied and different as our airplanes.....the trick to sailing them is in the trim...how the sails are set boat ballasted...pilots ability to read wind etc
victor model products sells this one and a bunch more....most are aimed at a certain class of boat...theres several in the AMYA(american model yacht association)...these have a plastic hull.. not hard to build you fill the keel with lead and epoxy 6and ahalf pounds ,,,,im looking forward to testing it soon.....but go to the site....AMYA look around and do a search on RC sailboats on you puter also.....theres alot of info............stay in touch......Bruce
Brucejay34 is offline Find More Posts by Brucejay34
Old Mar 19, 2002, 12:12 PM
Fair Winds to all
United States, MN, Faribault
Joined Jun 2001
322 Posts
Greetings all,
There are several other very active forums for RC Sailing enthusiasts linked from the AMYA's website.

The AMYA has the world's largest website dedicated to model sailboats and links to many of the rest. Now over 300 pages, over 1500 photos of sail boats and regatta's and tips, and more.

Start at http://www.amya.org and read on.

There are over 20 classes of RC and non-RC model sailing yachts. There are sailboats from R/C Laser's, Olympic style soling sailboats, Multimasted Schooners, Multi hulled catamarans and trimarans (even hydrofoiled sailboats), to America's Cup style boats from 30 inches (Victoria class) up to eight feet long ("J" boats) and more) and information about sailing clubs and regatta's all over the US and in other countries as well.

By the way, the best boat to get depends on what you want to do with it, sail for fun, display on your mantle or desk, or race in regatta's. There's a link on Getting Started (and what to consider) from the AMYA's home page.

David Goebel,
AMYA Volunteer webmaster
dgoebel is offline Find More Posts by dgoebel
Old Mar 30, 2002, 12:23 AM
check your six!!!
maltby washington
Joined Mar 2002
31 Posts
new flyer and a sailor too

hey guys, i am a new flyier and have 4 sailboats too. raced my thunder tiger victoria a bit and have a northwind 36/600, a protheroe epic 50" / 72" masted boat (have 2 identical boats 1 white 1 yellow) which are for sale btw. if want info just ask. they are fun but want more planes. we have many places to sail here in WA and many places to fly also. could i sell my sailboats on this site? of course in the buy and sell forum. thanks for having a great site!

the hackmaster
(doug)
rc.hackmaster is offline Find More Posts by rc.hackmaster
Old Mar 30, 2002, 05:00 PM
BruceJ34
n/a Posts
sailboats

well they have a sailboat thread so i dont see why you couldnt list it for sale etc....i think the gas guys get their own threads to list stuff too....how much are the boats? Bruce
Old Mar 31, 2002, 04:04 PM
check your six!!!
maltby washington
Joined Mar 2002
31 Posts
drop me an email and i'll give ya a price! and more details. rc.hackmaster@verizon.net
thanks...hackmaster
rc.hackmaster is offline Find More Posts by rc.hackmaster
Old Apr 06, 2002, 08:20 PM
Fair Winds to all
United States, MN, Faribault
Joined Jun 2001
322 Posts
RC sailboats for sale

hackmaster, Bruce, and all,
The AMYA also has a used boat for sale listing at it's Honest Ahab page, go to our home page at
http://www.amya.org and look for Ahab...

David Goebel
dgoebel is offline Find More Posts by dgoebel
Old Mar 18, 2008, 12:59 AM
brisbane
Joined Mar 2008
91 Posts
Hi im noel from queensland what sort of boats do you have for sale ive got a century 750 sailboat and im after something bigger i have my own transmitter so it doesnt matter if they dont have one i can only afford 200 bucks at the most. thanks.
mudgudgie is offline Find More Posts by mudgudgie
Old Mar 18, 2008, 01:01 AM
brisbane
Joined Mar 2008
91 Posts
im after a sailboat racing if possible anything from 800mm up can only afford about 200 dollars maybe a bit more anyone got anything please let me know.
mudgudgie is offline Find More Posts by mudgudgie
Old Mar 18, 2008, 08:55 AM
Minnesota, USA
Joined Aug 2002
2,255 Posts
How many of you guys looking for boats are "builders" instead of "buyers" ?

I ask because you can get nice boats for reasonable prices if they are "used" and only need some TLC - or if you are a "builder", you reduce the cost of labor and only have an out-of-pocket costs for materials and parts. This is another way to go to wind up with a quality boat, big enough for a wow factor, yet affordable.

For builders, you can start with MicroMagic, RG-65's, and move up to one meter size boats. Above one meter in size, costs go up (especially if you are paying someone to sand plugs, layup fiberglass, or install radio gear).

Refer to the first "STICKY" thread for boat ideas and types. That's why it's there.
Dick L. is online now Find More Posts by Dick L.