HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 13, 2005, 10:36 AM
Spittin' Sparx forever...
West Vancouver, BC
Joined Mar 2000
482 Posts
2nd Annual Chilliwack Red Barn's Indoor Fly-In and Swap Meet

The Fraser Valley RC club and the Burnaby Lake "Hood's Up" Flyers will be co-hosting the 2nd Annual Chilliwack Red Barn's Indoor Fly-In and Swap Meet on Feb 12, 2005 from 9:00 AM - 10:00PM. $15.00 entry fee, valid MAAC or AMA (proof required). 44140 Luckakuck Way, Chilliwack, BC. For further information contact Hal Norrish at hnorrish@uniserve.com or Doug Burt at flyinace@shaw.ca. Details also on the Canadian Electric Flight website at http://www.canadianelectricflight.co...barns_2005.jpg Hope to see you there...
DougB
DougB is offline Find More Posts by DougB
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 24, 2005, 12:01 AM
Seattle, WA
Joined Feb 2002
806 Posts
How big is the flying space? The height would be great to.

If I come up for your indoor event will you guys come down to ours?
http://www.barnowls.homestead.com/event.html

Thanks,

Kody
kody'd'punk is offline Find More Posts by kody'd'punk
Old Jan 24, 2005, 11:51 AM
West Vancouver, BC
Joined Mar 2000
482 Posts
Hey Kody,

Lots of guys from north of the 49th support your events. Please send me the info in a PM and I'll put it up on Canadian Electric Flight's website...

DougB
Old Jan 29, 2005, 04:11 AM
Canada, BC, Abbotsford
Joined Mar 1999
1,613 Posts
I've been following the thread in the forums at www.canadianelectricflight.com on Martin Hunter's new scale project for this event. I can't wait to see that 8-engined Maxim Gorky lift into the air! That's quite a model.
Brad.
Brad Trent is offline Find More Posts by Brad Trent
Old Jan 30, 2005, 11:25 PM
Beware of the Kiwi
Chilliwack, BC
Joined Jan 2004
110 Posts
Is it booked for sure? I know that there is a dirtbike race going on the same day starting at 7, and they usually take up all 4 barns.
killerkiwi5 is offline Find More Posts by killerkiwi5
Old Jan 31, 2005, 01:14 AM
Canada, BC, Abbotsford
Joined Mar 1999
1,613 Posts
We've paid the money, so it better be ours for the day If the race starts at 7PM, we'll be winding down by then, I think. Last year, we had the room till 10, but everyone was gone, and the cleanup finished, by about 8. That's a LONG day of flying!
Brad.
Old Feb 08, 2005, 02:46 PM
West Vancouver, BC
Joined Mar 2000
482 Posts
Hey Guys,

Don't forget that the Red Barn's Fly-In is coming up this weekend in Chilliwack, hope to see everyone there....

DougB
Old Feb 13, 2005, 10:53 AM
Lower, Lower
Penticton,BC, Canada
Joined Feb 2004
1,419 Posts
Great event!! Congratulations to the organizers and all the volunteers on a job well done. We will definetly make the trek next year and bring some planes to participate.

Thanks;
Rod

(bc-slowflyer and rcmarty)
bc-slowflyer is offline Find More Posts by bc-slowflyer
Old Feb 13, 2005, 09:33 PM
Canada, BC, Abbotsford
Joined Mar 1999
1,613 Posts
Thanks for the compliments, guys. Since I enjoy attending flyins myself, and get to as many as I can every year, I feel that a day or two each season, helping to organize and run an event, is fair payback on my part. Glad you enjoyed it.
Brad.
Old Feb 15, 2005, 12:26 AM
Leave me alone!
Kamloops, BC, Canada
Joined Feb 2002
15,106 Posts
Ditto all that Rod said - I had a blast and greatly look forward to the next Chilliwack indoor event.

Martin
Martin Hunter is offline Find More Posts by Martin Hunter