HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 12, 2005, 10:30 AM
Joined Dec 2004
312 Posts
Training Legs on Dragonfly

how in the hell do you fit them, doesn't tell you how in the instructions!
AirWing is offline Find More Posts by AirWing
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2005, 11:15 AM
Pennsylvania, USA
Joined May 2004
72 Posts
I tried using the training gear on a GWS Dragonfly. I found that they fit best in the garbage can! They made my heli wobble so bad I couldn't hover. They also add quite a bit of extra weight. Keeping the weight down on these micro helis is very important, and I think just about everyone will tell you that.

If you must install them, to see all the problems that arise, do a search for training gear. I am pretty sure I have seen pictures of them on this website. You might also want to try and ask the questions in a friendlier manner. That is if you want people to actually give suggestions.

WindLvr

Frustration will only lead to headaches! Remember this is a hobby, and it's supposed to be fun!
WindLvr is offline Find More Posts by WindLvr
Old Jan 12, 2005, 11:52 AM
Philadelphia area
Joined Dec 2004
34 Posts
I made a set of my own, using a balsa "hub" and six 3/16 inch dowels - I attached it to the skids using thin plastic cable ties, which seems to work OK. I positioned it so the center of the gear is right under the main rotor axle.

I have just tried it for the first time, and it sort of works. I think it is too heavy, but the batteries were a bit low, so I am not sure if it will get fully off the ground once recharged. It does allow me to lift it enough to swivel the heli and translate a bit in each horizontal axis, and that is on a shallow pile carpet (may work better if I try it on a hardwood floor). I think it will be somewhat helpful to practice the use of the two control sticks.

Does anyone know how much added weight a typical Dragonfly micro can actually lift?
isaksp00 is offline Find More Posts by isaksp00
Old Jan 12, 2005, 12:45 PM
Joined Dec 2004
312 Posts
My god this thing is impossible to fly. Since I tested it today I got cut bad as I hit the throttle by accident. This thing barely lifts off the ground let alone hovers. Even after all trim adjustments I can't get it to even hover. Don't know what I'm doing wrong but I suspect I might sell it on..
AirWing is offline Find More Posts by AirWing
Old Jan 12, 2005, 01:38 PM
My Bulldog is my copilot ..
Joined Feb 2004
2,263 Posts
Radd's School of Rotary Fligh

Give it a try... might help..
TheLost is offline Find More Posts by TheLost