Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 10, 2005, 02:02 PM
Boss248
n/a Posts
Pics of My Own Design Yak 55 Flat Foamie

Below are some pics of the Yak 55 I designed and it's little brother. I posted a thread about it a while back but the interest was so low I shelved it. I guess there's just not many people flying right now being winter time and all. I will get some video ASAP..I had talked with Levi @ www.3dfoamy.com and he was kind enough to possibly include it in his line up when I get the testing done which should be in a few weeks. The 37" Yak is all 6mm Depron and weighs 4.2 oz. built ready to stuff so with the Himax 2015/5400 on 2s 1320 TPand keeping servos under 6 grams the AUW should be close to 11.5 and 13 oz. with a 3s. The smaller Yak is 27" wingspan and is a mix of 3mm and 6mm Depron. The AUW on this smaller version should be 5.2-6.0 oz. and I designed it for cdrom style motors.
BTW...I have plans to all 3 sizes if anyone is interested PM me.

Boss
Last edited by Boss248; Jan 10, 2005 at 05:54 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2005, 02:06 PM
fast,,,, faster
KELLER TEXAS
Joined Feb 2002
3,383 Posts
Looks Very Good.
Ben
FASTBEN is offline Find More Posts by FASTBEN
Old Jan 10, 2005, 02:12 PM
Boss248
n/a Posts
Dang Ben..we are almost next door neighbors...Austin here. Where is Keller Tx?? I am PMing you soon with info on a huge BBQ/Flyin/3Dlectric thing I will be helping with here in early summer.
Thanks for the kudos Ben..I really think the Yak is a dang good looking and flying foamie and plan to have a 40" version coming real soon.

Boss
Old Jan 10, 2005, 02:21 PM
Throw it it'll fly
Tucson.Az
Joined Apr 2004
233 Posts
Thanks for the pics

Nice looking plane. I just bought a Tribute ep 3d Profile. Never flown 3d so this sould be fun. I wanted to build my own but I had no plans. All the ones I found my comp cant open the file so I had to buy one.

Jason
AzJason is offline Find More Posts by AzJason
Old Jan 10, 2005, 02:27 PM
Sussex, UK
Crawley, West Sussex, UK
Joined Jun 2004
7,372 Posts
They are good strong colours - it looks much better than marker pen.
What did you use?
RobinBennett is offline Find More Posts by RobinBennett
Old Jan 10, 2005, 02:33 PM
Boss248
n/a Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinBennett
They are good strong colours - it looks much better than marker pen.
What did you use?
I used Zagi tape ( colored packing tape )...works great, adds great strength but also weight, but I did not really mind to much..I am just not happy with Sharpie results sometimes and I will just suffer the extra weight..makes for a better looking and stronger plane.

Boss
Old Jan 10, 2005, 05:13 PM
USA, MS, Iuka
Joined Jan 2002
722 Posts
Looks Great Boss! I did the SP55 version over the last year or so. They fly very well. I really like yor colors

Bill
Bsouthwell is offline Find More Posts by Bsouthwell
Old Jan 10, 2005, 05:51 PM
Boss248
n/a Posts
That looks good Bill..what Yak is that??..did you design it??
I really like the plane in your avitar..I want to do a 3D Bucker Jungmann sometime..it would make a perfect candidate with the huge control surfaces on the tail. I scaled up a Carl Goldberg Bucker about 10 yrs. ago and at 77" wing it was a monster...this was before the 3D craze but that Bucker was without a doubt the best flying bipe I have ever owned. The Bucker is the only bipe I have flown that needed no roll or pitch couple in knife edge..an awesome plane to be sure. I sure do wish I could find another CG Bucker but they are all gone... ...sorry to slide OT but I just love that plane.

Boss
Old Jan 10, 2005, 06:10 PM
USA, MS, Iuka
Joined Jan 2002
722 Posts
Hi Boss,

The Sp-55 is based on the 55M. it is upgraded in power to 400 hp and had composite control surfaces to increase thier size and save some wt. A buddy and I have a 100cc version we designed prior to Comp-ARF releasing there monster version. I scaled it (this foamie) off of our cad work and started playing with it. My latest version of the Yak has a hybrid fuse and hope to have it done by the weekend. I love the way they fly. Maybe Tram will pipe in if he see's this thread. He flew my last version.

I am a Bucker NUT! I had one of the Goldburg Jungmans and you are right...best flying bipe I have ever flown. I have a full fuse foamie drawn up for the Jungmann...waiting on getting some depron for it. I can't wait to fly it. I flew my Troll this weekend and the full fuse makes a big difference. I am sold on it. easy to do and stiff...did I mention stiff

I believe you can still get parts and some of the wood for the CG Jungmann. Locate a set of plans and there you are!

Regards
Bill
Old Jan 10, 2005, 06:26 PM
USA, MS, Iuka
Joined Jan 2002
722 Posts
here's a pictures of my last one. The full scale picture is the SP55 version. Big changes were the turtle deck raised up much like a laser 200, Increased contol area along with the tips shape changed to add the extra area. The scale sized control surfaces are huge on the 55M, imagine how the SP55 flies with even more. Can you say EXPO

Regards
Bill

Oh I have a small 3 view of the SP in case you would like to have a copy.
Old Jan 10, 2005, 06:32 PM
Boss248
n/a Posts
Outstanding Bill..I really like the colors. I wish I had seen that colr scheme on the real one in the pic at the bottom..I will surely do my next Yak 55 like that and yes please send me the 3view. I am sending you a PM with e-mail address now. Thanks

Boss
Old Jan 10, 2005, 08:12 PM
JAX, FL
Joined Aug 2004
18 Posts
Hi Boss,

here you can find some nice pics of Yak 55

http://www.myaviation.net/search/sea...vlev%20Yak-55M

Air3d44
Air3D44 is offline Find More Posts by Air3D44
Old Jan 11, 2005, 10:16 AM
Boss248
n/a Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air3D44
Hi Boss,

here you can find some nice pics of Yak 55

http://www.myaviation.net/search/sea...vlev%20Yak-55M

Air3d44
Thanks Air...I sent you a set of plans for the Yak 55 in the cdrom size..did you receive yet??

Boss
Old Jan 11, 2005, 10:24 AM
JAX, FL
Joined Aug 2004
18 Posts
Yes, Thanks a lot

Air3D44
Air3D44 is offline Find More Posts by Air3D44
Old Jan 11, 2005, 08:41 PM
JAX, FL
Joined Aug 2004
18 Posts