HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by glue_sniffer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 10, 2008, 10:24 AM
France, Auvergne, Lapalisse
Joined Dec 2005
863 Posts
have a look at the units in the format menu
dpot is offline Find More Posts by dpot
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2008, 11:51 AM
Turkey
Joined May 2002
2,167 Posts
I was wrong in stating that A9CAD had no object snap, these had to be turned on from the graphical menu on the left of the working window..

dpot,

If you were addressing me, there is no format menu or unit selection in A9CAD, or I can not find it.. and there may be a misunderstanding; it is not the drawing size but the file size that is getting larger - as below.

A 900KB ACAD2000 file has turned into 5.23 MB when saved from A9CAD in DWG format, and to 21.7 MB when saved in DXF format - and there is no other choice. Maybe getting the DXF back into ACAD could cure the problem, I wil try that..

Bulent
bmutlugil is offline Find More Posts by bmutlugil
Last edited by bmutlugil; Sep 10, 2008 at 12:05 PM.
Old Sep 28, 2008, 05:26 AM
Joined Nov 2005
57 Posts
Hi!

If Someone has an elliptical (not trapezoidal) wing model in SolidWorks please upload it!

I try to draw an elliptical wing since a week but I can't do it
Smash is offline Find More Posts by Smash
Old Sep 29, 2008, 10:57 AM
Joined Dec 2005
863 Posts
that is one of the hardest thing to draw it is harder then a spring

this is as close as i can get

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash
Hi!

If Someone has an elliptical (not trapezoidal) wing model in SolidWorks please upload it!

I try to draw an elliptical wing since a week but I can't do it
Last edited by dpot; Sep 29, 2008 at 11:24 AM.
Old Oct 02, 2008, 05:09 PM
Atlanta, GA
Joined Oct 2007
80 Posts
Is there anything for Autodesk Inventor? It is available to me through school so it would be great if I could get some rc stuff for it.
flyguy93 is offline Find More Posts by flyguy93
Old Oct 05, 2008, 05:19 AM
Joined Dec 2005
863 Posts
will it import dxf format and What rc stuff are you in to

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy93
Is there anything for Autodesk Inventor? It is available to me through school so it would be great if I could get some rc stuff for it.
Old Nov 07, 2008, 07:46 PM
Anchorage, AK.
Joined Jan 2003
394 Posts
Parts

For a few years, I've offered this little set of RC parts, free, from my 3D Catalog page. (Scroll down to the bottom, at http://www.nextcraft.com/3d_catalog_000.html )

There you'll find a free download of these parts, in DXF format:

Fixed landing gear, with wheel pants, generic 2-stroke engine, generic 4-stroke engine with tuned exhaust, fuel system with tubing, servos, plug-in type wing attachment hardware, 2-blade prop and spinner, Klett-style tailwheel assembly, etc.. This might help some of you visualize your models quickly, if you don't want to make those parts.

Enjoy!
Mike James is offline Find More Posts by Mike James
Old Dec 19, 2008, 06:00 AM
Turkey
Joined May 2002
2,167 Posts
I prepared an Autocad drawing of the Hitec HS-50 servo (2 views). See attached in zipped DXF format.

Bulent
bmutlugil is offline Find More Posts by bmutlugil
Old May 06, 2009, 09:13 PM
Theoretical Modeler..
United States, MI, Kalamazoo
Joined Oct 2007
1,957 Posts
does anyone have a .dwg file of a .46 2 stroke in 2d? perferably side, top and front view?
plane_tech is offline Find More Posts by plane_tech
Old May 18, 2009, 04:38 AM
East Anglia, UK
Joined Sep 2002
29,687 Posts
Motor mount for brushed and brushless.

I thought this might be useful to someone, so have unusually included actual laser cutting details on the sheet.

Its a result of a day's head (and butt)) scratching on how to make a mount suitable for both a geared brushed cobalt motor and a typical brushless.

2 degrees down and right thrust is built in..

Extra packing shims can be cut from the template to shim a shorter brushless further forward.

Hope its of use.
vintage1 is offline Find More Posts by vintage1
Old Jun 22, 2009, 08:02 PM
Crash=change of flying medium
Boulder, CO
Joined May 2002
1,351 Posts
3D model of OS .55 AX

Here's is my contribution, a 3D CAD model of OS .55 AX in SAT (version 10.0) format. SAT models can be imported in most 3D cad systems--I intentionally saved the model in an old SAT version, so that even old CAD systems could read it.

The only discrepancy with the real motor is a different carburetor (I used a 3D carburetor model from MDS .58).

Hope someone can use this model.

Boris
bluesky123 is offline Find More Posts by bluesky123
Old Sep 04, 2009, 04:22 AM
Joined Feb 2007
77 Posts
I have a fairly good collection of HiTec servos, batteries, etc. They are all done in Solidworks. I can output IGES or STEP for those who are interested.

Cheers,
Kevin
KJMDES2 is offline Find More Posts by KJMDES2
Old Sep 04, 2009, 04:38 AM
Joined Feb 2007
77 Posts
The only way I know to do an eliptical wing in SW is to cheat. I've been on SW since '98, and its not yet in my toolbag.

One way, if you are just messing around, is to add taper to an extruded root section. It means you can only use a root section, no tip.

Other than that, when I need to CNC an eliptical wing, I build it in SurfCam. SW is fine for most wing design, but eliptical has eluded me also. I would be intersted to hear about a method also.

Cheers,
Kevin
KJMDES2 is offline Find More Posts by KJMDES2
Old Oct 08, 2009, 12:18 AM
Theoretical Modeler..
United States, MI, Kalamazoo
Joined Oct 2007
1,957 Posts
Como 40

Greetings all...
Drew this up for a project I was working on and thought I would share it. I know its not that common of an engine anymore, but it might do in place of a generic .40 size engine.
It is in a AutoCad .DXF file format.
plane_tech is offline Find More Posts by plane_tech
Old Oct 30, 2009, 04:20 PM
Joined Mar 2005
447 Posts
Solidworks

Kevin,
A friend and I have just started in Solidworks and we are both interested in any parts files that you wish to put on the forum.
Martin.
heli_bee is offline Find More Posts by heli_bee