HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 08, 2005, 08:36 PM
Joined Jul 2004
12 Posts
Navigation Lights on a Pitts Bi-Plane

I have built a Pitts Bi-Plane and I am wanting to add the navigation lights. I have the lights but I am wanting to know the proper place for them.... like the placement on the full size plane. Top wing, lower wing and any tail or belly lights.
Thanks for any help.
Screamn1 is offline Find More Posts by Screamn1
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2005, 12:24 AM
dusty bible = dirty life
Oklahoma City OK USA Where fakts still exist even if they are ignored
Joined Aug 2000
2,768 Posts
I worked at a field that had a Pitts dealer back in the 70's, and we held a regional acro contest. I think most pitts don't have lights, they're hard enough to land in the day time.

but if they did then non flashing green on the upper right wing, red on the upper left, white in the middle of the rudder pointing aft, red rotating beacon or strobe on the top of the verticle fin.

HTH
Tom
Majortomski is offline Find More Posts by Majortomski
Old Jan 09, 2005, 03:03 AM
easily confused
Nashville Metro, Tennessee, United States
Joined Sep 2003
2,183 Posts
I don't recall ever seeing one so equipped in my travels, and I poked through dozens of pics just in the first couple of pages the airliners.net search engine coughed up using the keyword 'pitts' without seeing a single one with nav lights...

Glenn
mu2freighter is offline Find More Posts by mu2freighter
Last edited by mu2freighter; Jan 09, 2005 at 03:05 AM.
Old Jan 09, 2005, 11:36 AM
Joined Jul 2004
12 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I wasn't for sure if all aircraft were required by the FAA to have lights but either way...just was trying to be accurate with mine. I quess since they don't have any.... I'll just do the normal placement of green, red and white.
Thanks again.
Screamn1
Screamn1 is offline Find More Posts by Screamn1