Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 08, 2005, 01:30 PM
Joined Jan 2005
3 Posts
Looking for disc brakes & calipers...

Actually, I'm just looking for just the calipers as I can make my own disc. Fact is, I have to make my own discs as well as the mounting. Does anyone have a link(s) to finding calipers? As for what model? Don't know, don't care as they aren't going on a bike; they're for a 1/7th monster truck that I'm building. I'm not too concerned about cost, so........
PieMaster is offline Find More Posts by PieMaster
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 08, 2005, 01:44 PM
Wetherby, UK
Joined Dec 2003
1,133 Posts
Piemaster, I doubt the bike calipers would be powerfull enough for a Monster truck. The kit calipers only fit onto fork legs, aftermarket stuff like Pat's brakes fit on to axle. You'd be better looking at 1/8 car spares for what you want. Or scale down FG 1/5 wheel calipers to suit.

John
nuovaic is offline Find More Posts by nuovaic
Old Jan 08, 2005, 02:24 PM
Joined Jan 2005
3 Posts
Thanks for the reply, nuovaic. Perhaps I should have been more specific as to the usage. I'm putting 4-wheel disc brakes on this truck and while the ones that are one bikes may or not be too small, they can be modified or even redisigned. Would you have any links to these? You also mentioned some fella named Pat. Apparently, he makes brake components; would you happen to have a link to his website as well?
Old Jan 08, 2005, 02:33 PM
Wetherby, UK
Joined Dec 2003
1,133 Posts
Piemaster, have a look here http://www.skiptonclub.net/set_up.htm further down the page, there's some brake pictures which might help including pics of Pat's brakes. Pat doesn't have a site yet, look down the list of threads to 'Pat 1967's brakes' all the info must be in there somewhere.

John
nuovaic is offline Find More Posts by nuovaic
Old Jan 08, 2005, 03:22 PM
Joined Jan 2005
3 Posts
Thanks, nuovaic, That should work.