SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 07, 2005, 08:48 PM
Knoxville Tn
Joined Jun 2003
52 Posts
How do you do the apply the body mod?

I noticed the really nice body mods some of you guys have made and posted for us. It looks like some you cut out as 1 piece and fold together but hold together with what and how to the heil, all with tape?

Some of the bodies it looks like you cut out as 3 seperate pieces but same question if you have 3 pieces do you just use tape and how are you attaching them to the BR.

Thanks
opforr is offline Find More Posts by opforr
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2005, 09:01 PM
Bladerunner Nut
Louisville, Kentucky USA
Joined Dec 2004
106 Posts
I don't know what it's called but I have been using this stuff I found at a craft store for scrapbook making. It comes on a roll in this little dispenser and you just drag/roll it across your paper and it leaves a sticky film. Kind of like the adhesive tape without the tape! Its much neater than glue or paste, and much more controlable. For a realy strong bond, put a coat on both surfaces to be joined and press together. As for how to attach to the heilo, that depends on on the body. If there is a point of contact with the frame you can might be able to use 2 sided tape on the inside.
jtyson is offline Find More Posts by jtyson
Old Jan 07, 2005, 09:25 PM
Knoxville Tn
Joined Jun 2003
52 Posts
Thanks Jtyson.
opforr is offline Find More Posts by opforr
Old Jan 07, 2005, 09:42 PM
Bladerunner Nut
Louisville, Kentucky USA
Joined Dec 2004
106 Posts
One more thing, to get a good crisp fold it helps to score the paper first. Be careful not to cut it, all you need to do is "dent" the paper to get a good fold. Try using something with a narrow, rounded, but dull point and a straight edge. I have some sculpting tools that are perfect but a dull knife or properly shaped stiff piece of plastic will also work. Remember the goal here is to make a crease, not a cut. It doesn't matter which side of the paper you score. I would do it on the printed side.
jtyson is offline Find More Posts by jtyson