HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 07, 2005, 05:51 PM
Just fly,its just money.
Joined Oct 2004
1,438 Posts
J-3 Cub build Thread

Guys realy quick How do u resize the picture so it fits in the thread? Thanks.
fish2keel is offline Find More Posts by fish2keel
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2005, 09:37 PM
the-plumber
Joined Feb 2003
1,094 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish2keel
Guys realy quick How do u resize the picture so it fits in the thread? Thanks.
If you're asking how you upload photos so it shows up as a thumbnail in the post and expands to full size when selected by the reader, the 'answer' is you don't - I presume the RCU software does the resizing.

All I've ever done is make sure the photos comply with the maximum file size limitation when uploading.
the-plumber is offline Find More Posts by the-plumber
Old Jan 07, 2005, 10:13 PM
Just fly,its just money.
Joined Oct 2004
1,438 Posts
Yea the freaken photos want fit int he file size. How do I get them to do that and fit? Then we can start this build thread right
Old Jan 07, 2005, 10:22 PM
Steinbach, MB, Canada
Joined Nov 2004
396 Posts
Sorry, you need to resize them in a image program outside of this forum and then once resized to a file size that the forum will accept then download it. A program like Paint Shop or some similar program that allows editing of image files.
Sackie is offline Find More Posts by Sackie
Old Jan 07, 2005, 10:52 PM
Just fly,its just money.
Joined Oct 2004
1,438 Posts
Thanks so much. I will get right on that and get this thread off the right way. Anyway do you guys know any good color schemes. All i know right now is that it is a tribute to my dad in iraq and he was in the navy and he worked on a-7 corsairs. His sqwaudren had the rattle snake on the tail fin. Any way I dont want the cub yellow. thanks guys. If you want specs of my build please ask I will put them up. Thanks guys.

fish
Old Jan 08, 2005, 04:56 PM
Edmonton
Joined Dec 2004
36 Posts
If you don't plan to enter any scale contests, you can do it any color you want ...A cub with A-7 markings would be very unique !! I did mine all white with a light blue lightning bolt..just different enough to be different.
Nony is offline Find More Posts by Nony
Old Jan 08, 2005, 05:47 PM
Just fly,its just money.
Joined Oct 2004
1,438 Posts
Yea dont plane on being in a contest with this plane. This plane ius going as a gift to my dad in iraq. I want to do it like the a-7 corsair scheme. This plane has been a pain in the butt. When i first got the plane right out of the box it was missing like 4 things. And then it look like 2 months to get those parts in. So much trouble.
Old Jan 09, 2005, 07:10 AM
Joined Jan 2005
1 Posts
hi,
İf has anyone got the scale drawings of cessna 172,177 or 182?
alp51 is offline Find More Posts by alp51
Old Jan 09, 2005, 03:51 PM
Just fly,its just money.
Joined Oct 2004
1,438 Posts
alp,
No sry dont got those. This is a J-3 Cub build thread anyway not a cessna one. But I dont mind. Hey guys post your cub pictures if you would. Do you guys know how i can make the seats and get some pilots like full body ones? Thanks guys. I will get some pictures up soon. I am still having trouble with the file size.

f2k
Old Jan 09, 2005, 06:52 PM
Just fly,its just money.
Joined Oct 2004
1,438 Posts
Guys,
Well today I made some headway. I had broken some of the front section of the fuse and had put a little tomuch glue. So I let it sit over night last night and glued it back today. It looks ok. Today I got some work down not that much but some. I finished the rudder pretty much. Just got to glue it all in. Will do that tomorrow. So tomorrows game plan will be to glue the rudder, try to work on the elevator. I think I will be able to do one side of the elevator and then glue it tuesday I hope. It is slowly looking like a cub. It is such a great plane. Well guys lets get this thread started. It is a little slow.

f2k
Old Jan 09, 2005, 08:36 PM
the-plumber
Joined Feb 2003
1,094 Posts
Quote:
Do you guys know how i can make the seats and get some pilots like full body ones?
What size ? Still dunno which kit you're building . . .
Old Jan 09, 2005, 10:21 PM
Just fly,its just money.
Joined Oct 2004
1,438 Posts
Im sry. I am building the 1/5 sig cub. I think it is 1/5 scale.
Old Jan 09, 2005, 10:41 PM
Just fly,its just money.
Joined Oct 2004
1,438 Posts
Hey guys,
Lets see if this picture will work. Kinda small i know sry. I will try something different next time.
Last edited by fish2keel; Jan 09, 2005 at 10:49 PM.
Old Jan 09, 2005, 10:50 PM
Just fly,its just money.
Joined Oct 2004
1,438 Posts
There we go guys. Now i have glued all of this in already. I will get some newer ones of it tomorrow when i get home from school for you guys. I have more I will post those later. hope you like. finally lets get this thread started rgiht.
Old Jan 10, 2005, 06:08 PM
the-plumber
Joined Feb 2003
1,094 Posts
Quote:
Im sry. I am building the 1/5 sig cub. I think it is 1/5 scale.
I dunno 'bout the Sig kit, but I built the seats for my 1/3 scale L-4 - took photos of a pristine L-4 and butchered wood 'til they looked about right.

As for pilot figures, I like these