SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 03, 2005, 02:38 AM
Model Bender
Australia, NSW, Newcastle
Joined Jun 2004
2,871 Posts
Clancy Ascender EPP Wing

http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/222245.asp

I've just been privvy to a close look at one of these through an australian distributor. They look like great value for money.. all molded EPP,esc,mixer and motor included..

A nice alternative to the big wings.

Anyone have any more info on it (how it flies etc etc) ?
OzDragonFlyer is offline Find More Posts by OzDragonFlyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2005, 05:36 AM
Busselton Western Australia
Joined Aug 2003
359 Posts
OZ

That looks a nice wing.
Can you just buy the wing ? as I have more than 50 servos and 3 transmitters.
I dont need any more.
Rob
Rob Russell is offline Find More Posts by Rob Russell
Old Jan 03, 2005, 05:50 AM
Woah
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2004
336 Posts
Certainly looks interesting, though I would too be interested in the wing alone. Who is the Australian distributor? I've had difficulty finding any with a good range of wings.

Rob- if you have too many servos, you could always offload some on me
bugeater is offline Find More Posts by bugeater
Old Jan 03, 2005, 06:08 AM
Joined Aug 2003
359 Posts
bugeater
Most of the servos are in planes and 1/2 of them are glow planes along with 12 receivers.
Where do you fly?
I fly on my own land just out of Busselton.
Rob
Old Jan 03, 2005, 08:45 AM
Woah
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2004
336 Posts
Man you must have a fair few planes. Though I can understand how that could happen
I typically fly at the Yokine ovals here in Perth. There is a glider club based there. I am pretty close to Whiteman Park, but the club fees are just too much. Besides all my planes are hotted up parkfliers, so I'm not sure what the reception there would be like. It would certainly be nice to have my own land to fly on though.
Interestingly my mum was born and lived in Busselton for some time when she was young. One of the Blythe's. I was born in Bunbury.

Back on the topic of flying wings, I've got a Slinger, but it doesn't seem to be able to handle the brushless power I'm throwing at it. That's why I'm interested in other wings. Zagi's seem good, but are horribly expensive.
bugeater is offline Find More Posts by bugeater
Old Jan 03, 2005, 04:47 PM
Australia, NSW, Cherrybrook
Joined May 2004
1,577 Posts
Bugeater,

I purchased my Unicorn from the US. Cost me about $140 Aus after postage and took 16 days to deliver. It's a great wing and handles brushless power very well.
CustomPC is offline Find More Posts by CustomPC
Old Jan 03, 2005, 06:18 PM
Model Bender
Australia, NSW, Newcastle
Joined Jun 2004
2,871 Posts
posible to import the standalone wing and other individual items from the hobbypeople.net website and then add your own gear. Definately needs picos/HS55's, naros will be too big. Ask for postage cost as the wing is one piece, so the box could be potentially large. Pretty sure they will be available here in oz within the next 4-6 weeks as both arf and kit form.

A J250 motor would work well as a replacement for the 300.. Would be a screamer with a 20mm brushless and lipos
OzDragonFlyer is offline Find More Posts by OzDragonFlyer
Old Jan 09, 2005, 04:23 AM
Joined Aug 2003
359 Posts
bugeater
I have been to busy to reply .
Yes I do have to many planes ? it just got out of hand and is still out of hand.
I have about 25 glow planes 2 e/gliders and 4 wings and a stagger wing and 2 or 3 others I don't fly .
I fly the Tornado epp wing but that is a little sloy with the 280 gear motor I think I will put a 400 gear motor in it.
I built a wing out of 3 mm flutecore with a 400 direct drive 7 cell 1000 nimh they are a lot of fun you can't break them ====I have tried.You can get the plans from the spad forum,I just coppyed my tornado about a 1 metere wing span they cost almost nothing to build.
I have some 5mm depron that I will make a wing out of
I worked with a Fed Blythe some 20 years ago he lived in Dunsborough
Rob