HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 07, 2002, 02:50 AM
Professional Goofball
United States, WA, Port Orchard
Joined Dec 2000
1,001 Posts
Learning to use AutoCAD 2002

Can anyone point me to a few quality web sites on using and designing in Auto CAD 2002? I just go the program and would like to start creating plans for the laser cutters. I have done search after search and come up with mainly pay sites or sites advertising books. I know sites have to exist that will give me the basics of using AutoCAD.

Thanks
OCModels is offline Find More Posts by OCModels
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 07, 2002, 04:31 AM
Dundas, ON Canada
Joined Feb 2001
1,262 Posts
When I got AutoCAD LT a few years ago, the manual had some good tutorials that really helped me get started. I can't speak for 2002 but I would imagine it is much the same. The tutorials weren't on the type of things I wanted to design at the time so I thought it would be a waste of time. I soon found out it was the drawing principles and methods I was learning that were the important things. I took an ACAD course later and realized that in some cases I had learned a better way of doing things than was taught in the course.

Have a look for the tutorials and run though them. Do them 2 or 3 times so that the principles stick.

Rob
rscamp is offline Find More Posts by rscamp
Old Mar 07, 2002, 06:30 AM
Houston, Texas
Joined Oct 2000
1,030 Posts
The 2 biggest learning problems I see is not reading the command line, the program will prompt you for information get in the habit of reading the command line. The second is the snaps learn to use them from the start. Autocad has multiple ways of doing the same thing for almost every command so find what works for you. The tutorials are a great way to get started. I think I saw a (for dummies) book on Autocad if you can find one it's a good investment.
Dave
flailing is offline Find More Posts by flailing
Old Mar 07, 2002, 07:27 AM
EDF Head
Stavanger, Norway
Joined Feb 2000
7,999 Posts
There is books named "The AutoCAD XXXX Bible" which will cover it all. Its huge though..
Haldor is offline Find More Posts by Haldor
Old Mar 07, 2002, 11:55 AM
United States, NJ, Manchester Township
Joined Dec 2000
1,058 Posts
The help files and tutorials are very good that come with 2002. Go to "Help" and "index", then type "tutorial".
Dorme is offline Find More Posts by Dorme