Ben74 is offline Find More Posts by Ben74
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 06, 2002, 05:16 PM
Big Member
San Francisco, CA
Joined Nov 2001
138 Posts
So, it's OK for EPP?

Since the thread implied that the instructions for the Zagi 3C (all EPP, not EPS) were unaffected, is it safe to assume that the new formula works fine on EPP?

Capslock
Capslock is offline Find More Posts by Capslock
Old Mar 06, 2002, 05:20 PM
San Francisco, CA, USA
Joined Jun 2001
2,769 Posts
that's the impression i got. btw, the above post was just meant as an alert that the other thread exists. let's keep the discussion of this topic consolidated over there
Ben74 is offline Find More Posts by Ben74
Old Mar 06, 2002, 07:30 PM
He wasn't always evil
SW Wisconsin
Joined Jul 2001
1,042 Posts
Fortunately, there are alternatives. I use another type of spray adhesive that we sell at our hardware storee. It comes in a blue can. If anybody would like the brand name, I could get it for them.

-Brett
AirVenture is offline Find More Posts by AirVenture
Old Mar 08, 2002, 11:34 AM
!sdrawkcaB ylF
Atlanta, GA
Joined Feb 2002
54 Posts
Brett,

I am interested! In the post someone mentioned Elmers brand spray adhesive. What are you using? What results have you found?

Has anyone used Contact cement?
hyperbot is offline Find More Posts by hyperbot
Old Mar 08, 2002, 12:15 PM
Ascended Master
Palmdale, CA
Joined Oct 2000
13,370 Posts
Some time ago I used a cheap spray glue instead of 3M on a wing.. looked OK.. but after the skins were on, the next day.. the foam was kinda flat..
Not much airfoil shape left.
Plane flew.. a simple sloper, but it does pay to test whatever you have on what you going to use it on. The backside of one of the core shucks is a handy place.. just a small area..
Sparky Paul is online now Find More Posts by Sparky Paul
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 08, 2002, 02:13 PM
A Clinger
Butte, MT
Joined Sep 2001
7,070 Posts
I'm the one who suggested 'Elmers'. Worked good for me (K-Mart didn't have 3M stuff, so tried Elmers Extra Stength since the bottle said foam safe). I tested as Sparky just suggested, both heavy coats and light on the core shucks. No problem found with melting (this is on foam used in Wedgie). I tested strength by putting down packing tape on 'wet' (right after spray) and then dry (wait a couple of minutes). After waiting for ~15 minutes I pulled off the tape. Some foam came with it on the 'wet' and was harder to pull off. The dry pulled little spects of foam with it but was easier to pull. Good 'nuff' for me.
rclark is offline Find More Posts by rclark