SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 20, 2001, 06:22 PM
D.G.B.
Southington, Connecticut, United States
Joined Jun 2000
2,951 Posts
Velkom DC-3 or Bf110 has anybody built one??

Hi everybody just wondering if anybody built one of these and how the quality of the kits are.thanxs stefanP
KOMET 44 is offline Find More Posts by KOMET 44
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 21, 2001, 01:03 AM
Mesa, AZ USA
Joined Mar 2001
86 Posts
Stefan,

I just got my ME-110 in the mail last week. I've looked the kit over and it looks to be of high quality. The cores are pre-sheeted with obechi, ailerons are cut out and have the LE attached and sanded as is the sub TE on the wings. The LE on the wings is also attached and sanded. The plywood parts are nicely die cut. Vacuum formed parts look to be very good, tho I haven't actually taken them out of their bags. The fuse is very nice white gelcoat, VERY lightweight. The stab is the same as the wings except you need to separate the elevator. Canopy is awsome, lots of detail in the canopy frame.

I haven't started mine yet as I have a few other projects ahead of it that I really should finish up first. But it looks oh so good that I might push them to the side and do the 110 instead.

I'm seriously considering bagging the wings and tail in .75 oz glass and painting it. It's such a nice plane that it deserves the best.

I was just about to post a thread asking what a good motor(s) would be for this. I thought about Astro cobalts but could probably buy brushless for the same money. However I still wonder about twin brushless on a single controller.

Tom
Aero-BearAZ is offline Find More Posts by Aero-BearAZ
Old Jun 21, 2001, 07:49 AM
United States, NJ, Manchester Township
Joined Dec 2000
1,058 Posts
Excellent quality kit. Fast build. Mine is almost finished.
Dorme is offline Find More Posts by Dorme
Old Jun 21, 2001, 06:03 PM
D.G.B.
Southington, Connecticut, United States
Joined Jun 2000
2,951 Posts
thanxs gentalmen for your reply's.stefan
KOMET 44 is offline Find More Posts by KOMET 44
Old Jun 24, 2001, 11:18 PM
Folsom,Ca,USA
Joined Apr 2001
992 Posts
Tom

Have you checked with any of the mfg about 2 BL on a single controller??

Dave
DaveW is offline Find More Posts by DaveW