HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 30, 2004, 06:57 PM
tic
thunderscreech
New Cumberland, PA. US
Joined Dec 2000
10,936 Posts
This is how to put throttle on trainer switch on futaba 9C

O.K. maybe this should be in radio forum but I figured only high perf. glider pilots would be interested.. This is what worked for ME.. I worked w/ soholingo and his notes from Wizwaz and the 8U.. After accidently erasing the mix they helped me with, I struggled for over 3 hours and came up w/ what I think may be a BETTER mix.. In a nutshell, from my notes, this is how to do it... Go to program mix#1. mix = OFF.. then (arbk>arbk) then RATE= -100 -100 , then offset = 100% . on the next page of mix #1... MIX = off, MAS>3:arbk, SLV>3 arbk, LINK>off, SW=F, posi=down..Now you need a second mix.. Go to prog mix #2.. Mix=ON, ofst>arbk, rate = +100%. mix>on, mas>ofset, LINK>off, SW>F, POSI>up, (ofst>arbk) rate= +100%.. .. that's it... you may need to change things from -100, -100 to +100, +100 depending on your esc ... . This combination of mixes eliminates any "death" switch as all other switchs and knobs do NOTHING when it's setup this way. I hope this helps SOMEONE because even when I e-mailed futaba tech support I was given the response "I have never heard of anyone wanting the throttle on the trainer switch" , the guy DID try and give me a mix but it didn't work.
tic is online now Find More Posts by tic
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 30, 2004, 08:02 PM
tic
thunderscreech
New Cumberland, PA. US
Joined Dec 2000
10,936 Posts
BTW, I found it EXTREMELY frustrating that the manual goes into detail on how to put "butterfly" on the throttle stick but then makes NO mention of the fact that throttle will STAY on the throttle stick and then gives NO guidance on how or where to put the throttle... I had read the easy fix of putting throttle on channel 8 but since this is a non flapped F5B ship and I am using a hitec 555 rx... I have no channel 8 and no, I was not interested in finding that channel on the 555 via the much publicized "hidden channels" hatchet works that has been posted previously.
Old Dec 31, 2004, 03:37 AM
Zeroman
Vancouver Island
Joined Jun 2003
57 Posts
Helps me big time.I gave up trying to figure this mix out.Thanks for the info.Chris.
chris haberland is offline Find More Posts by chris haberland
Old Dec 31, 2004, 05:25 AM
Rehab is for quitters
West Middlesex, PA, US
Joined Jun 2001
4,853 Posts
Tic, good find!!! Printing out your instructions!!! The darn radio got more knobs and switches than a sorority socialite on a saturday nite!!

Dave...
LuckyArmpit is offline Find More Posts by LuckyArmpit
Old Dec 31, 2004, 07:43 AM
tic
thunderscreech
New Cumberland, PA. US
Joined Dec 2000
10,936 Posts
I was so frustrated trying to do this that I figured I had a duty to ezone to try and help others accomplish the "goal of example".
Old Dec 31, 2004, 08:17 AM
I like cheese...
Bloomington, IN
Joined Sep 2001
846 Posts
Good find on the mixes. When I used the 8U, I had tied things to the knob. Great to not have to worry if someone has messed with them, and you get a start-up on the ground.

Just curious how many guys are using a JR 9303 and want the secret to moving the throttle to the button? -- John P
Whizwaz is offline Find More Posts by Whizwaz
Old Dec 31, 2004, 10:08 AM
BANNED!!!
Laurel, MD
Joined May 2001
12,675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizwaz
Just curious how many guys are using a JR 9303 and want the secret to moving the throttle to the button? -- John P
This just kills me. It should not be a secret to move any servo to any button. The instructions and logic should be simple and plain. With the evo you want a servo to function on a certain button or a switch, you scroll until you see the button. Not only have the asian radios filled my life with confusion but they made it more difficult to learn the evo way, which is MUCH simpler.

jay

(not a slam of John P, but of the confusing programming logic of the Asian radios)
soholingo is offline Find More Posts by soholingo
Old Dec 31, 2004, 11:44 AM
San Diego, CA, USA
Joined Mar 2001
3,068 Posts
What open channel(s) do you have on your 555 for the throttle? I guess you're trying to keep the throttle on channel 3. It's dead easy to assign 5, 6, 7, or 8 as the "aux-chan" to any switch you want. I know the 555 is 5 channels, so are you using a mix also to get spoilers?

-David
davidfee is offline Find More Posts by davidfee
Old Dec 31, 2004, 12:09 PM
I like cheese...
Bloomington, IN
Joined Sep 2001
846 Posts
I guess it's the asian way to program. Wish they would have it automatic like an Evo, but alas. -- John P
Whizwaz is offline Find More Posts by Whizwaz
Old Dec 31, 2004, 04:22 PM
tic
thunderscreech
New Cumberland, PA. US
Joined Dec 2000
10,936 Posts
no open channels on my 555
Old Dec 31, 2004, 04:48 PM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soholingo
(not a slam of John P, but of the confusing programming logic of the Asian radios)
Now now, Soho.. take pity on those who have not yet seen the light!

I smiled when I first saw this thread, thinking back to how long it took me to figure out some of the complex mixes I had on my 8U, and how long it didn't take me to "set up" the programming for my Siren with my Evo..
..a
Andy W is offline Find More Posts by Andy W
Old Dec 31, 2004, 04:50 PM
tic
thunderscreech
New Cumberland, PA. US
Joined Dec 2000
10,936 Posts
Well to be fair, Jay warned me and I didn't listen.. I figured "how hard could it be?"... Now I wished I'd got the EVO..
Old Dec 31, 2004, 05:03 PM
San Diego, CA, USA
Joined Mar 2001
3,068 Posts
Just get a new receiver for your E-sailplanes... Electron 6 or something. The 555 is quite good, but it's what... 6, 8 years old? Why invest in ANY computer radio if you don't have an rx with enough channels to make use of the features?

Anyway, Happy New Year!

-David
davidfee is offline Find More Posts by davidfee
Old Dec 31, 2004, 05:09 PM
tic
thunderscreech
New Cumberland, PA. US
Joined Dec 2000
10,936 Posts
Ya, I have two FMA direct quantum 8 rx's on backorder... the 555 was already in the scorpio and another 555 in my bandit, speedy and vip racer.. Obviously not investing in anymore 555's. Previous radio was the venerable Flash 5.. Actually a good radio for 100 bucks but it wouldn't do flaps and I have some flapped F5B gliders on order.
Old Dec 31, 2004, 06:40 PM
Electric Airplane Junkie
San Mateo, Ca , USA
Joined Jun 2000
5,535 Posts
On the 9C , usse the Aux-ch to assign the Sw F to control one of the Ch 5-6-7. To use with the 555, go into the rx and bring out the ch 6,7,8 from the chip. The ch 5 output on a 555 can be use by using a y-harness to share the battery input with any ch. I think the Electon 6 is a re packaged 555.

Brian, an EAJ
bhchan is offline Find More Posts by bhchan