HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 30, 2004, 01:54 PM
Bradenton, Florida
Joined Jul 2001
19 Posts
RJ-55 Regional Jet

I am building a RJ-55 ROG Regional Jet kit from AirCadkits.com. Building with 3/32 balsa sticks sure is a pain - I wish they would make a ARF kit. But I have a question, The kit does not have a rudder. Has anyone of you guyes who have built one of these put on a rudder? I realize that when flying it's not necessary to have a rudder, but on landing with a cross wind a rudder would really come in handy. Thanks. Jack
Jack is offline Find More Posts by Jack
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 30, 2004, 07:34 PM
Flying Fatboy
Tampa, FL
Joined Apr 2003
1,295 Posts
Jack,

I think that talking to some of the really sharp electric guys who belong to the SSF club may be able to help. They fly at a field in Parrish and are a great bunch of guys and gals. If you need directions from Bradenton just e-mail me.

Regards, Bill
Gordito Volador is offline Find More Posts by Gordito Volador
Old Dec 30, 2004, 08:58 PM
Williamsville, NY, USA
Joined Sep 2000
4,458 Posts
The steerable nose wheel will take care of most cross wind problems. If the cross wind is too great to take off in, consider the difficulty you'll have about 5~7 minutes later.

But since you will have added the extra weight of the nose wheel servo, you might want to add a Sullivan type control cable and add the rudder.
Larry Dudeck is offline Find More Posts by Larry Dudeck