HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 29, 2004, 05:48 PM
[intentionally blank]
Cheshire, CT, USA
Joined Jan 2001
1,528 Posts
Don't you just love it when... (please respond with your thoughts)

You come off the histart and the parachute starts to go up!
fprintf is offline Find More Posts by fprintf
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2004, 06:12 PM
TLAR Black Belt
Athens, LA, United States
Joined Apr 2002
1,251 Posts
Don't you just love it when...

Or, it won't come down!

When the local vultures come over to show you where the thermal center is located!

Your new plane, kit arrives at the door undamaged!

You pick up a RTF Aquila on eBay for $62.

It's 62 degrees with light winds on 12/28/04.

A RC Groups aquaintance agrees to swap plans with you. Thanks Fernando.

A new flying friend sends you a BoT rudder for free. Thanks AJ.

A different flying buddy lets you stay in his home for free. Thanks Roland.

Just a few of the things that have happened to me in 2004 that fittingly finish the quote. I'm sure there are lots more. Thanks to everyone for making 2004 a great year for flying sailplanes.

EJ
ejett is offline Find More Posts by ejett
Last edited by ejett; Dec 29, 2004 at 06:15 PM.
Old Dec 29, 2004, 07:05 PM
LSF - IV
United States, TX, Highland Village
Joined Jan 2003
3,169 Posts
You hear ...

"5, 4, 3, 2, 1 (insert openclass landing sound) OK, that's a 100!"
Hostage-46 is offline Find More Posts by Hostage-46
Old Dec 29, 2004, 07:05 PM
SSP#14 aspirant
Fort Lewis, Washington, United States
Joined Feb 2002
1,289 Posts
don't you just love it....

when you get to the field the hawks are circling and you forgot your transmitter.....
Soar_dude is offline Find More Posts by Soar_dude
Old Dec 29, 2004, 08:12 PM
Keremeos, BC Canada
Joined Mar 2004
2,639 Posts
Wow, bin there, dun that...

I love it when I toss a fully flyable model back into the car, and the soreness in my throat is sunburnt tonsils...
TLyttle is offline Find More Posts by TLyttle
Old Dec 29, 2004, 10:18 PM
SSP#14 aspirant
Fort Lewis, Washington, United States
Joined Feb 2002
1,289 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLyttle
Wow, bin there, dun that...

I love it when I toss a fully flyable model back into the car, and the soreness in my throat is sunburnt tonsils...
I like yours better though

Soar Dude
Soar_dude is offline Find More Posts by Soar_dude
Old Dec 29, 2004, 10:57 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Nov 2002
7,797 Posts
I just love it when... someone's mouthing off because you're low and a wing rises SHARPLY!!!

I just love it when... I can throw my Houston Hawk and not land for 40 minutes... on flat ground!!!

I just love it when... People stand at the back of my car and say... "Gee, howdja do that?"

But what I've enjoyed most of all in the 4 years I've been back into R/C Soaring is... All the new friends, some I've never seen, and some I'll get to meet this year, and so on... The friendship and good feelings I get from this, even people I disagree with... They're still friends. That's what makes it worthwhile.

Jack Womack
schrederman is offline Find More Posts by schrederman
Old Dec 29, 2004, 11:13 PM
B for Bruce
The 'Wack, BC, Canada
Joined Oct 2002
11,441 Posts
.....you're disgustedly on a final with the time task no where within reach and then you see your model bump so you turn into it and it hangs, and hangs, and hangs. The seconds turn to minutes and after what seems like a lifetime of sweat and toil the timer announces that there's one minute left and you've scratched your way up to 200 feet playing it like a Stradivari the whole time. Cursing yourself at each bobble that looses a precious foot of altitude. Cackling gleefully to anyone in earshot as you see it's gained a meager 3 feet in one turn......

At times like that the landing doesn't matter to me. Flying is what it's about anyway. (which is good 'cause I suck big time at landings )
BMatthews is online now Find More Posts by BMatthews
Old Dec 30, 2004, 08:11 AM
Pompano Hill Flyers
Coral Springs FL
Joined May 2002
682 Posts
Don't you just love it when... (please respond with your thoughts)

There is 2 minutes left in the round and your up above 600'

Radian
www.phflyers.com
Radian is offline Find More Posts by Radian
Old Dec 30, 2004, 12:33 PM
flies Like a dog
Joined Dec 2004
10 Posts
Don't you just love it when..

You lose perspective and control. Your sailplane enters a near flat spin then "lands" behind some trees and the only damage is a minor tear in the covering.
NewfGlider is offline Find More Posts by NewfGlider
Old Dec 30, 2004, 01:03 PM
the flying is good
USA, CT, Hamden
Joined Oct 2002
2,090 Posts
Don't you just love it when..

after arriving at the field all alone, one what you think is a beautiful day, you spend all the time to set out your launching equipment, your plane. After taking ALL that time and it seems like most of the day has passed because you're still not in the air....

....after taking that big breath to get settled down you tension the line and set a launch in motion.

You've been working so hard, wanting to get in the air, you've been thinking of where the best air is and the plane is on the way up when....

for the first time that day you really "see" the SKY!

If I'm there alone, I just love it. If there are others there, I just hope they felt the same.
dephela is offline Find More Posts by dephela
Old Dec 30, 2004, 05:35 PM
Rank Newbie
South Alabama
Joined Jul 2004
697 Posts

...you get to see the grin of someone near and dear to you who's been struggling to figure out his lefts and rights and how to keep his plane from crashing (and breaking) again, when "it clicks" for him and he suddenly gets a level attitude, makes several laps around the hayfield, and then brings the ship in for a nice landing. (happened last Sunday)
intheswamp is offline Find More Posts by intheswamp
Old Dec 30, 2004, 06:01 PM
Joined Mar 2003
3,050 Posts

you show the hawks where the good air is.(I know, it's usually the other way around, but they couldn't catch me today!) Hey Cheeseboy, you missed out!

Happy New year to all fellow Liftzoners.

Clay
ClayH is offline Find More Posts by ClayH
Old Dec 30, 2004, 06:09 PM
AustinTatious
Hurst, Texas, United States
Joined Jul 2003
1,952 Posts
When the Hawks come running ( flying!) over to wher eyou are cause you've found such a great thermal.

When you work a thermal from low lever up to a spec

Whey a thermal comes thru and sucks up cans and other debris

When your pretty certain you have blown the landing but somehow you get a 100!?!?!
AustinTatious is offline Find More Posts by AustinTatious
Old Dec 30, 2004, 11:21 PM
LSF V,LSF Secretary,AMA Lifer
Huntsville
Joined Oct 2003
2,077 Posts
When I am second in line at an open winch contest and there is a sudden wind shift that makes it a downwind launch and the guy ahead of me shakes his head and unhooks his plane while saying "I'm gonna wait until this wind gets right again - you wanna launch?"

When I am launching at a man on man contest and the rest of my flight group bugs out to the right and I notice a wind shift to the left...oh yeah, that's sweet.
Robglover is offline Find More Posts by Robglover