HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 29, 2004, 03:26 PM
Your attitude is your alt
Nashville Metro, Tennesse, United States
Joined Aug 2001
2,646 Posts
Aerofly Deluxe so far so good!

I just bought Aerofly Deluxe today from www.hobby-lobby.com and I must say it works very very well. I did have to download some updated video drivers from Nvidia in order for it to work since it uses open GL video. The install was a breeze and I also downloaded the patch from their website without a hitch.
I mainly fly Heli's and it has several. I'm using the old Interlink controller from my G-2 and it works just fine. One thing that swayed my decision to go with AFD was the fact I can use my Hitec Eclipse 7 whereas the Reflex XFR doesn't work with the Eclipse 7! I've done alot of research the past few days to narrow down purchasing a new SIM and Aerofly for me was the best decision. I have my screen resolution in the highest mode since I have a Pentium 4 3.6 GHz with 1 Gig ram and 64 Meg Nivida G-Force video card. The frame rate is excellent and the helicopters seems to fly very realistically. In the photo-realistic scenery it looks life like and the heli physics are remarkable. I really like the fact that I can use the I-Link controller or a joystick in conjunction with my Eclipse Transmitter, that is a big bonus. The only requirement is that you have to keep the USB cable with the dongle plugged in for the I-link to work which is no biggie since I have 4 USB ports.
For the money, $169.00 I'd say it's well worth it. As a side note I did download the XTR demo and took a look. The only difference I could see was the heli's in XTR look more like a real heli, i.e., photo realistic. Other than that I really like it so far.
Note: I did fly two of the airplanes and they fly very well as well. Aerofly Deluxe is very feature rich and if you decide to buy it I don't think you'll be dissappointed!

Gary Morris
Gary Morris is online now Find More Posts by Gary Morris
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 14, 2005, 10:20 AM
USA, MO, O'Fallon
Joined Dec 2003
2,088 Posts
I also own this sim and like it a lot. I would like it even more if I could get my JR9303 Tx to work with it.
martimer is offline Find More Posts by martimer
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 17, 2005, 10:37 PM
Kamikaze Heli Pilot
Japan
Joined Jul 2005
466 Posts
The last sim I had was the old CSM version 9.

I just bought and installed AFPD and based on bmy limited experience, seems to be excellent so far.

If you do get bored for any reason try loading in 2 powered aircraft then selecting the glider tow option. Take off using the rear aircraft and observe the effect on the static towing aircraft as the other plane wizzes past straining at the leash.
archiebald is offline Find More Posts by archiebald
Old Aug 18, 2005, 03:24 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2005
225 Posts
"was the fact I can use my Hitec Eclipse 7 whereas the Reflex XFR doesn't work with the Eclipse 7!"

Sorry, wrong. XTR works with the Eclipse 7 pretty nicely. No problems at all, no incompatabilities. If there would be any, it would be written on the Reflex homepage. 2 fellows in the local clubs are using the Eclipse with the Reflex.

Instead of listening to gossip you could just ask the people who should know - the manufacturer.
KurtHübener is offline Find More Posts by KurtHübener
Old Aug 19, 2005, 06:03 AM
ProBro # 501
Austin Tx
Joined Jul 2005
1,861 Posts
Whats the best way to load downloaded planes into Aerofly pro Delux?..and where is the best place to find them,,???..just got mine today nd still getting it setup..so far though I like it,,

Bossmann
Boss248 is offline Find More Posts by Boss248
Old Aug 19, 2005, 08:23 AM
Monmouth, IL
Joined Mar 2004
135 Posts
Boss248,

See the links below...

AFPD support forum: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_337/tt.htm

Download sites:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3038243/tm.htm

Many download sites require that you join that site (free) before allowing downloads...

Bucko
Bucko is offline Find More Posts by Bucko