HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 09, 2012, 05:51 AM
Sponsored by Team de la Peña
United States, FL, Pembroke Pines
Joined Aug 2008
2,588 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakank View Post
Looks like Hoellen don't have them in stock. And I think they tend to get more expensive in US. On top of that the shipping should logically be more expensive. Wan't the kit manufactured somewhere in the Tjeck republic?
/Håkan
You can certainly try to contact him directly:

http://www.mirourban.com/

- Birger
bdelapen is offline Find More Posts by bdelapen
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old May 09, 2012, 05:57 AM
Joined Aug 2008
2,588 Posts
Or you may want to try here too:

http://www.eflight.ch/shop/USER_ARTI...=true#Ziel4765

- Birger
RCG Plus Member
Old May 09, 2012, 12:00 PM
Staffs, UK
Joined Apr 2009
3,569 Posts
Hakan, here you go, try these...http://www.mirourban.com/index.html

Not sure if they sell direct though
feefo is online now Find More Posts by feefo
Old May 11, 2012, 02:25 AM
Sweden (Åkersberga)
Joined Nov 2004
693 Posts
Thanks for your suggestion guys. However I think I go for a Rifle as there are some good deals over here at the moment (still almost twice the price as in US but anyhow..)

Btw, I'm going to replace my sometimes refered to "Dragon red" and sometimes to "voodoo" pylon racer which I managed to fail at launch badly.

/Håkan
hakank is offline Find More Posts by hakank
Old May 11, 2012, 04:18 AM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,832 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakank View Post
Thanks for your suggestion guys. However I think I go for a Rifle as there are some good deals over here at the moment (still almost twice the price as in US but anyhow..)

Btw, I'm going to replace my sometimes refered to "Dragon red" and sometimes to "voodoo" pylon racer which I managed to fail at launch badly.

/Håkan
I have the Rifle and the VooDoo....now I do not want to knock the Rifle,but it is not half the plane the VooDoo is.With the power you plan on using,you will have to add a spar to the wing which will make it come out around 20 to 21oz flying weight,where the VooDoo is 5oz lighter.It is also a pain to launch compaired to the VooDoo,the Rifle likes to torque to the left hard where the VooDoo just flies out of your hands effortlessly. The Rifle also needs a bunch of right aileron to fly straight.The hinges on the Rifle are junk,they are filled with paint and fiberglass,it takes a good hour worth of work just to make then work half way decent.A lot of people buy the Rifle as a first plane cause they only cost $100 here in the states,and they are OK for learning,or a cheap beater.The VooDoo is an amazing flying plane with great hardware,and Very easy to put together,plus it is much nicer having the 2aileron servos.Like I said,not trying to knock the Rifle,but if pay $200 for one where you are,your might be very disappointed with what you get for your money.....But if you do get the Rifle,make sure to read the thread for all the little mods you have to do to get it right,and do not use the spinner it comes with.
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Old May 11, 2012, 08:41 AM
Joined Aug 2008
2,588 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo Child View Post
I have the Rifle and the VooDoo....now I do not want to knock the Rifle,but it is not half the plane the VooDoo is.With the power you plan on using,you will have to add a spar to the wing which will make it come out around 20 to 21oz flying weight,where the VooDoo is 5oz lighter.It is also a pain to launch compaired to the VooDoo,the Rifle likes to torque to the left hard where the VooDoo just flies out of your hands effortlessly. The Rifle also needs a bunch of right aileron to fly straight.The hinges on the Rifle are junk,they are filled with paint and fiberglass,it takes a good hour worth of work just to make then work half way decent.A lot of people buy the Rifle as a first plane cause they only cost $100 here in the states,and they are OK for learning,or a cheap beater.The VooDoo is an amazing flying plane with great hardware,and Very easy to put together,plus it is much nicer having the 2aileron servos.Like I said,not trying to knock the Rifle,but if pay $200 for one where you are,your might be very disappointed with what you get for your money.....But if you do get the Rifle,make sure to read the thread for all the little mods you have to do to get it right,and do not use the spinner it comes with.
What he said. I also have both and whereas I would re-purchase a VooDoo at three times the price ten times over I would never buy a Rifle again. One of them is a spaceship and one of them is a franken-dog. If you are really interested in a small pylon then the Rifle is not in that category, it's just a hopped up sport plane.

- Birger
RCG Plus Member
Old May 11, 2012, 12:21 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,832 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdelapen View Post
What he said. I also have both and whereas I would re-purchase a VooDoo at three times the price ten times over I would never buy a Rifle again. One of them is a spaceship and one of them is a franken-dog. If you are really interested in a small pylon then the Rifle is not in that category, it's just a hopped up sport plane.

- Birger
That is why i was saying i do not want to knock the Rifle,for $85 and a cheap 250 to 350 watt power setup,and keep it LIGHT,it is a very fun fast sport plane (i have 2 of them for those days that the winds are funky,or storms rolling in,or very wet grass,and i do not want to take the chances with my VooDoo,you live in Fla,sure you know what i mean) But when it comes to having a pylon plane that you want to go out and RIP some Hard Core turns and precise flying with easy launches and slow landings,the VooDoo is the plane for that.....I have around 50 flights on my VooDoo,and every flight i am just blown away by it's flight characteristics.The rifle has it's place in the rc world,it is just in the one that should have a high watt power system for true pylon style flying.
Old May 11, 2012, 12:21 PM
Sweden (Åkersberga)
Joined Nov 2004
693 Posts
Thanks for the input.

I check out what this might be tomorrow morning in the Swiss shop. Who knows they might have a bargin on the Voodoo

http://www.eflight.ch/index.php

Run through google translate:

"On 12 May 2012, it's that time again!

You will find rest items, unique items, bargains, various electronics and much more at low prices!

In addition, we offer you this day a special price Pops, further information, see our latest newsletter!

We open our ramp at 09:00 clock."
Old May 11, 2012, 12:41 PM
Sure it'll work
United States, CA, Torrance
Joined Nov 2005
4,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo Child View Post
QUOTE: Btw, I'm going to replace my sometimes refered to "Dragon red" and sometimes to "voodoo" pylon racer which I managed to fail at launch badly.

/Håkan UNQUOTE

I think he may have been refering to this http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...lass_PNF_.html

And/or this http://www.hobby-lobby.com/voodoo_sp...33861_prd1.htm

At least that's what it sounds like to me. It does seem to confuse some......
Flyextreme is offline Find More Posts by Flyextreme
Last edited by Flyextreme; May 11, 2012 at 12:55 PM.
Old May 11, 2012, 12:50 PM
Staffs, UK
Joined Apr 2009
3,569 Posts
I doubt they'll reduce the Voodoo, but maybe.....

Pity the yellow/black is out of stock, so the green would be my next choice. No way would I go for a white version, I have a carbon Bird 60" sloper in white with blue tips and some days it's a real struggle to see it.
Old May 11, 2012, 02:10 PM
voodoo magic maaan
United Kingdom, England, Merton
Joined Jan 2011
342 Posts
Speak to tony at sloperacer he will be stocking the voodoo soon
lukeydukey10 is offline Find More Posts by lukeydukey10
Old May 11, 2012, 02:14 PM
Staffs, UK
Joined Apr 2009
3,569 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeydukey10 View Post
Speak to tony at sloperacer he will be stocking the voodoo soon
That could be good news
Old May 11, 2012, 03:25 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,832 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyextreme View Post
QUOTE: Btw, I'm going to replace my sometimes refered to "Dragon red" and sometimes to "voodoo" pylon racer which I managed to fail at launch badly.

/Håkan UNQUOTE

I think he may have been refering to this http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...lass_PNF_.html

Ohhhhhhh my ! I have seen one of those a while back...WOW,that wing scares the #$%# out of me.
Old May 11, 2012, 03:28 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,832 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyextreme View Post

/Håkan UNQUOTE

That,and the battery compartment looked like a nightmare...The guy just left the lipo in there,and charged after every flight,but he had to wait 20min before he could charge it for cool down ....no way i could deal with that.
Old May 11, 2012, 03:49 PM
Sweden (Åkersberga)
Joined Nov 2004
693 Posts
I guess there is no spinner included in the kit?
/Håkan