HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 05, 2005, 11:27 AM
Ain't Dutch? Ain't Mutch!
Southampton, UK
Joined Oct 2001
3,384 Posts
Good luck with the maiden!

I have just ordered an airframe from Hoellein. I went with the Yellow-Red-Black one for high vis. Unfortionatly the waiting time is now 4 weeks or so. So it is going to be a while before I can try and test fit the TP's in it.

Oohhh well.....

Jos.
Kimble_Schmitz is offline Find More Posts by Kimble_Schmitz
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 05, 2005, 02:56 PM
Netherlands
Joined Aug 2004
25 Posts
Hello,

Chris,

sounds good the 29k rpm, however if it's not too much of trouble I'm still interrested in the rpm with 4,7x4,7, so that I can compare the two motors you and I are using

I'm looking forward to your flightreview. I'm curious if you will encounter heating problems as well with your set-up

Jos, when I ordered mine about 4 weeks ago , they told me as well a 4 to 6 weeks waiting time. But after 1,5 week the VooDoo arrived, so just keep your fingers crossed

Robert
robert4u is offline Find More Posts by robert4u
Old Jul 09, 2005, 07:15 AM
Zurich, Switzerland
Joined Oct 2002
899 Posts
Doppler speed analysis

I did some Doppler speed analysis of my Voodoo today, i.e. I set my digicam in sound record mode, placed it on the runway and flew some passes over it. Here are the results:
KrisS is offline Find More Posts by KrisS
Last edited by KrisS; Jul 09, 2005 at 07:24 AM.
Old Jul 09, 2005, 10:20 AM
Speed Demon
Antioch,CA,USA
Joined Dec 1999
12,335 Posts
253 km/h = 157.2069 mph in a Stinger airframe

You're a bonified "Wildman" Kris!
GregG is online now Find More Posts by GregG
Old Jul 09, 2005, 12:39 PM
Spring, Texas
Joined Feb 2004
1,258 Posts
I've been reading this discussion with great interest and saw that these planes are built in Czech Republic. I'll be traveling to Prague in 2 weeks and was wondering if anyone knows of any hobby shops in Prague that might carry Voodoos.

Thanks,

Stuart
SRush99 is offline Find More Posts by SRush99
Old Jul 09, 2005, 09:44 PM
Speed Demon
Antioch,CA,USA
Joined Dec 1999
12,335 Posts
Bring a few back, I'm sure that you'll be able to sell them if you want to.
GregG is online now Find More Posts by GregG
Old Jul 10, 2005, 06:29 AM
Netherlands
Joined Aug 2004
25 Posts
Hi,

In order to get some more cool air flowing through the fuselage, I made some airscoops on my VooDoo yesterday.
Took me some time but I think they look like they were already on the model.
I went for a testflight yesterday, but for some reason my motor didn't want to run properly. Took everything apart at home and one lead to the engine was broken, so not a big problem since I was expecting that the controller was broken due to the heating problems.
So I will test the cooling next week.
Hopefully this will cool my controller enough so I finally can fly 8 min. full throttle with the VooDoo

Robert
Old Jul 10, 2005, 10:19 AM
Wilsonville, OR
Joined Jul 2002
346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert4u
Hi,

...Hopefully this will cool my controller enough so I finally can fly 8 min. full throttle with the VooDoo

Robert
8 minutes is a long time with one of these beasties at WOT
RapidRaptor is offline Find More Posts by RapidRaptor
Old Jul 10, 2005, 12:24 PM
Baden Baden, Germany
Joined Feb 2001
1,059 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodebaron51

My setup; B20 15L, 4,7x4,7, 8 good old KAN1050 (poor things)

Pascal

P.S. Speed is 194 Kph = 121 Mph
Interesting as this is exactly the setup I run in my Stinger. Measuring the speed is always kind of difficult though as I don't have a camera for recording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimble_Schmitz
Those Thunder Power Gen 2 packs cheap and quick from Dave at www.lightflightrc.com

I am thinking of moving the front servo down to the rear behind the rear servo. Or on top of the rear servo or rather below it when the wing is bolted on. All of this to make room for the 2 packs of 3S TP 2100. Then a 16/15/x and CC-45 to go warp speed.

Also a Schulze 535w to save some room.

Jos.
Lots of power and lots of money spend on a Pylon400. Be aware that the wing might fail when pulling too high g's as you are far away from Pylon400 with such a setup. What about an old F5D airframe (old = according to the old rules). These should give you plenty of room and the wings are strong enough to stand some real hot setups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimble_Schmitz

I think it is the Feigao 38084L 10W with 2890rpm/v 1,4IO(A) 0,0178Ohm

Any experiance with this motor?
A friend had problems with his Feigao in a Voodoo. The bearings got loose somehow even though he had no crash. It was a smaller version though.

Eike
plinse is offline Find More Posts by plinse
Old Jul 10, 2005, 01:01 PM
Need 4 Speed :-)
Venray, The Netherlands
Joined Dec 2004
1,104 Posts
@ Plinse,

So what is your speed on the Stinger with that setup?

Pascal
Rodebaron51 is offline Find More Posts by Rodebaron51
Old Jul 10, 2005, 01:43 PM
Baden Baden, Germany
Joined Feb 2001
1,059 Posts
I can't measure it so it is interesting to see the same setup being measured on another plane. Measured in a Stinger would be even more interesting but there are not many people still using the old KAN's .

Eike
plinse is offline Find More Posts by plinse
Old Jul 10, 2005, 02:13 PM
Pylon freak
Rijnsburg,the Netherlands
Joined Jun 2000
376 Posts
@RodeBaron and KrisS,

Where the measured speeds out of a dive or a with a nice and straight approach?

Paul
Paulus is offline Find More Posts by Paulus
Old Jul 10, 2005, 04:03 PM
Need 4 Speed :-)
Venray, The Netherlands
Joined Dec 2004
1,104 Posts
Paulus....

From a dive into a level flight over the field...

Level flight fot about 100m before reading...

Pascal
Rodebaron51 is offline Find More Posts by Rodebaron51
Old Jul 10, 2005, 08:18 PM
Sydney Australia
Joined May 2005
869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert4u
Hello,

Chris,

sounds good the 29k rpm, however if it's not too much of trouble I'm still interrested in the rpm with 4,7x4,7, so that I can compare the two motors you and I are using

I'm looking forward to your flightreview. I'm curious if you will encounter heating problems as well with your set-up

Jos, when I ordered mine about 4 weeks ago , they told me as well a 4 to 6 weeks waiting time. But after 1,5 week the VooDoo arrived, so just keep your fingers crossed

Robert
Hi Robert,

Been off air as lap top wireless spat it !! Can use work computer which i am doing now but no work gets done !! Very bad.

Maiden last week. What a beast !! Very impressed. Then had to fly the following day also (2 flights now) Should be working !! Thing whistles quite loud ?? Running mega 16/15/3 3s 20c 1500ma lipo on 4.5 x4.1 apc. Around 30k rpm static. No heating problems.

I however drilled 2 holes in motor mount in line with cooling holes in mega. Then drilled 2 holes in rear of spinner. This allows some air in and must be working !!

I will get to 4.7x4.7 prop test shortly and post.

Can not wait to fly again. Gives me a rush.

Chris/Mav (Feel the need for speed!)
Mavrik is offline Find More Posts by Mavrik
Old Jul 11, 2005, 12:30 PM
Netherlands
Joined Aug 2004
25 Posts
Hi Chris,

I'm glad your first flight went ok. It really is a pleasure to fly this little plane.
It goes really fast. But as always you get used to the speed very soon I want to go faster, faster ......

You are right about the loud whistle. It really makes a hell of a noise, but hey I like it. It will make people think twice to fly there planes low when the VooDoo is making a fly-by

What kind of spinner are you using (picture?) that the air can enter from the front???
I have been thinking the same about drilling holes through the spinner and motor mount, but didn't really know how much air would go through at 22000rpm

I haven't testflown my mods, maybe tommorow

Robert
Last edited by robert4u; Jul 12, 2005 at 10:43 AM.