SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 12, 2006, 05:44 PM
https://vimeo.com/user3426040
Valencia, Spain
Joined Oct 2004
131 Posts
Hi,

jetdryvr,
I bought mine from hoellein, it took 2 months to get here because holidays there and time from manufacturer which seems to be located in check republick???, as far as I know is the only that is selling it, you can look in its web site, its 150 euros. I have to say that I dont have any idea of german but with a little experience and using altavista babelfish you can manage...

the plane is fantastic but as I wrote before and show you in the photos, the space is very limited and you have to be carefull with the servo location to avoid interferences with cables coming from batteries and receiver.

I will buy, when this ended its life, a fast plane with a little more space like the turn left from simprop, you can take a look.

I changed the control links that came with the plane because they seem to be of bad quality, I found that links from eolo heli from robbe are pretty similar and used them instead. (the ball-link is 3mm diameter).
abormor is offline Find More Posts by abormor
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 12, 2006, 11:44 PM
Joined Aug 2004
757 Posts
Thanks to all of you for the information. Hollein is difficult because they do not accept email. I would rather try to find one already for sale and not wait forever. I already have one and it is crazy fast and I really like it.
Thanks again, Erik
jetdryvr is offline Find More Posts by jetdryvr
Old Dec 12, 2006, 11:56 PM
Joined Aug 2004
757 Posts
Hey Treehog,
Do you have any email or website for the hobby speed guys in Spain?
Thanks, Erik.
Old Dec 13, 2006, 12:16 AM
Sydney Australia
Joined May 2005
869 Posts
I flew my Voodoo again today and just love it. Thats why I have a second one lurking in my cupboard as a back up!!!! Not for sale sorry!!!!!

Demon F5D wing for perspective!!!

Mav
Mavrik is offline Find More Posts by Mavrik
Last edited by Mavrik; Dec 13, 2006 at 12:30 AM.
Old Dec 13, 2006, 02:07 AM
Finland
Joined Aug 2005
695 Posts
[QUOTE=abormor]
I will buy, when this ended its life, a fast plane with a little more space like the turn left from simprop, you can take a look.

[QUOTE]

If you want to maintain the same quality and speed, Turn Left is not the choise. Slower wing, weaker wing. I have heard and seen Turn Left wing snapping in two pieces in high G turn. It is foam/obechi with carbon reinforced spar. You are going towards full blown F5D ship my friend
ezmo is offline Find More Posts by ezmo
Old Dec 13, 2006, 07:47 AM
Valencia, Spain
Joined Oct 2004
131 Posts
Mavrik
That demon looks fantastic, Where can be bought? And how does it behave?
Which is your setting for this model?

Ezmo

Thanks, I havent seen any turn left flying, thanks for the info I will like something similar in quality, Which are your options?

To all:

What settings do you have on the voodoo, have you program those recommended mixes with alerons and elevator? Do you understand them?

thanks
Last edited by abormor; Dec 13, 2006 at 12:12 PM.
Old Dec 13, 2006, 11:50 AM
UN Earth peoples true enemy
Euroland
Joined Jan 2004
1,801 Posts
Memory lane stuff to find spanish shop

RE: jetdryvr

I had to wade through all sorts of bits and bob papers spanish maps tel numbers for hotels hostels girls that woke me up

anyway the web

www.anyelmodel.com
info@anyel.com

tel num 95 244 54 15 The son took over and only speaks spanish but father at club can do some english

They do fast twinjet with glow motor34 and reverse pich prop 7.5*6

I think a few from club will do electric 400 pylon as there is a heli shop guy down the road in Marbella with good lipo supply
in stock in another mail order shop with lots of suitable high KV electric motors so suspect that angel will import suitable planes probably the voodoo
I unfortnatly am too low in funds to do a christmas run down to spain what I normally do to see whats gives there so expect to go back easter probably more to Cadiz as it is cheaper

Ralf
treehog is offline Find More Posts by treehog
Old Dec 13, 2006, 03:57 PM
Crash Burn Rinse Repeat
Oakland, CA
Joined Apr 2005
57 Posts
Voodoo or Sunracer v1 / v2?

I slapped my Sunracer v1 into the brush at 100+, and she is wounded with a splintered leading edge. I plan on repairing, but will replace as well.

Is the voodoo a a worthy replacement? I love my SR, but love variety.
jayme123 is offline Find More Posts by jayme123
Old Dec 14, 2006, 05:10 AM
Sydney Australia
Joined May 2005
869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayme123
Voodoo or Sunracer v1 / v2?

I slapped my Sunracer v1 into the brush at 100+, and she is wounded with a splintered leading edge. I plan on repairing, but will replace as well.

Is the voodoo a a worthy replacement? I love my SR, but love variety.
Hmmm good question. I have both and love them both. I find the Sunracer easier to fly and more relaxing with bigger wing span etc. Voodoo at WOT is a bit of a dart and likes to keep moving but more thrilling to me. Relax or stress up to you!!!!

Mav
Mavrik is offline Find More Posts by Mavrik
Old Dec 17, 2006, 05:01 AM
Joined Aug 2004
757 Posts
Voodoo

Ralf, Thanks for all of the info.
Hopefully, I can track one of these down through those guys.
Erik
Old Dec 18, 2006, 05:09 PM
Valencia, Spain
Joined Oct 2004
131 Posts
What settings do you have on the voodoo, have you program those recommended mixes with alerons and elevator? Do you understand them?
Old Dec 19, 2006, 07:09 AM
UN Earth peoples true enemy
Euroland
Joined Jan 2004
1,801 Posts
Program the controls

RE: abormor

I can say I prefer not to use any major programming and nose heavy even if it needs lead

I opt for the basic aerlon mix if I use two wing servos but my future preference is to reduce to one high quality Digital servo for wing and if funds allow similar for elevator

I use twin rates travel some 50% and expo of 40% for elevator and wings but often only switch on the elevator rates as the elevator is hyper sensitive at speeds

I find at speeds exceeding 120mph the precision in control is reduced
I suspect due to air flow over the suface is so turbulant similar to dragging rope through the air

This tends to result in no response from controls until the control surface comes out of turbulace zone and suddly you get a more violent response than one would like or mayby my old fingers are losing thier touch

ITS A BALL OF A PLANE BUT SO SMALL AND EVERTHING HAPPENS IN MICROSECONDS

This imprecision is a lot less than many other similar planes and best explained in terms of trying to go down runway at five feet up level is nowhere as easy as bigger F5D planes so your more likely to either assending or decending slightly and to be more askew of the runway route line

rather than fight this I prefer to allow plane to follow a more decending route where it would impact the end of runway and then yank it up and turn to skim along the runway at grass growing height with wing tip scrapping the grass so as to get full speed affects close to the deck in high speed turn
(ok not scraping but close to the deck )

Attempts to try level just above the deck by a few inches barreling down the runway what I do with the bigger planes like F5D were to difficult to line up runway and to many near misses or collisions with planet due to tall grass weeds etc

If you like shoot and jerk move vidio games this is the plane

If your site is very small then you might need airbrakes but I prefer a big flat place and 200 metre runway with a neting at the far end and with practice you get good at planting it in the netting instead which is probably the best solution as skidding for 50 metres scratches the hell out of plane.

PM what the story for Valentia clubs as the Malaga club are will probably lose clubs to developers soon and a few other nearby are getting chock a block

can your club do fun pylon racing and give you a race
like your motor mega turbine hot hot hot
pity about the lipos

for such a hot combo figure a carbon rod of 2mm glued onto the elevator push rod will help precision for elevator as super high speed flights suspect the rod bending on up elevator inputs reduce precision

I will look into stuffing in 3s2p kokam 1500 and similar hot motor or my FAI 480 fun 55 but the pack requires lifting the wing up by 2 or 3 mm so big job to sort out and my kokam 3s1p 3200mha was just tooooo big

My preference is to locate a turbine friendly club as most clubs with either too much dirt or obticales or fire hazard cant do turbines what I will do next year in Spain along with fleet of voodoos even if the club is 100 miles from the beach

Ralf
treehog is offline Find More Posts by treehog
Last edited by treehog; Dec 19, 2006 at 07:40 AM.
Old Jan 05, 2007, 08:05 AM
Joined Jan 2005
43 Posts
I have just ordered a Voodoo kit from Overlander in the UK.

I will be useing
Kontronik 400-28 cam 5.5 x 5.5
Kontronik 40-6-18
Tp 2100 3s pl or 2070 if it will fit.
JR 770 PCM RX
This set up works well in my multyplex micro jet.

I am thinking about useing Futaba 3110 servos for the ailrons and the 3154 digital for the elivator. any one have experance of thes servos?
3d flip is offline Find More Posts by 3d flip
Old Jan 05, 2007, 08:49 AM
Finland
Joined Aug 2005
695 Posts
With the kit there are readymade hollow aluminium pushrods with glued joints at both end. Especially with elevator there is very minimal space up and down, and the hollow aluminium pushrod is measured right lenght with Graupner C121 or C261 servos. Good servos but dislike thick axle, cannot connect pushrod close enough to the center of the pushrod to improve the control

E
ezmo is offline Find More Posts by ezmo
Old Jan 06, 2007, 03:54 AM
Joined Jan 2005
43 Posts
Hi Ezmo

Thanks for the information on the servos.

My kit arrived today next day dalivary from Overlander.

The quality of the kit looks very good.

3D Filp
3d flip is offline Find More Posts by 3d flip