SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 20, 2005, 02:56 PM
England
Joined May 2000
1,486 Posts
The mega is certainly too big for the voodoo! In terms of efficiency the Mega 1 turn is not so far away from the Hacker FAI 6 turn or the pletty 4 pole 2 turn 220/20. This is based on flying the same plane and battery with each motor - there was not a lot of difference between them. Of course in a race the slightest difference in efficiency would be quite important

regards

Kyri
Kyri is offline Find More Posts by Kyri
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 20, 2005, 08:11 PM
Speed Demon
Antioch,CA,USA
Joined Dec 1999
12,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyri
..... In terms of efficiency the Mega 1 turn is not so far away from the Hacker FAI 6 turn or the pletty 4 pole 2 turn 220/20. This is based on flying the same plane and battery with each motor - there was not a lot of difference between them. Of course in a race the slightest difference in efficiency would be quite important ......
It looks like the Mega would make a great inexpensive "Sport Hi Performance" BL motor for someone not wanting to race, but just go fast. I think that includes most flyers of F5D airframes.
GregG is online now Find More Posts by GregG
Old Oct 21, 2005, 03:59 AM
Ain't Dutch? Ain't Mutch!
Southampton, UK
Joined Oct 2001
3,384 Posts
So we need a new Voodoo fuselage that will fit this motor and some bigger battery's behind it?!

J.
Kimble_Schmitz is offline Find More Posts by Kimble_Schmitz
Old Nov 21, 2005, 03:05 AM
Finland
Joined Aug 2005
695 Posts
Hi

Does VOODOO has preinstalled motormount, or does it need to be done by yourself

Esa
ezmo is offline Find More Posts by ezmo
Old Nov 21, 2005, 04:15 AM
Southampton, UK
Joined Oct 2001
3,384 Posts
Ezmo,
It is already done for you.

Hey guy's! Anyone noticed the new TP 2100 Gen3 packs? Capable of more C then the Gen2 packs, this should boost the performance somewhat! Bigger prop maybe?

J.
Old Nov 21, 2005, 06:05 AM
Finland
Joined Aug 2005
695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimble_Schmitz
Ezmo,
It is already done for you.

Hey guy's! Anyone noticed the new TP 2100 Gen3 packs? Capable of more C then the Gen2 packs, this should boost the performance somewhat! Bigger prop maybe?

J.
Ya Kimble, are you still running HET 3W with your plane? What is the top speed you are able to get with it with 3s and 4.75x4.75?
how much static it draws

Esa
Old Nov 21, 2005, 10:34 PM
Sydney Australia
Joined May 2005
869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezmo
Hi

Does VOODOO has preinstalled motormount, or does it need to be done by yourself

Esa
Preinstalled !!

Mav
Mavrik is offline Find More Posts by Mavrik
Last edited by Mavrik; Nov 22, 2005 at 03:44 AM.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 12:58 AM
Finland
Joined Aug 2005
695 Posts
Is there a room to build VOODOO with one aileon servo instead of two?? Servo would be standing upside down on on the wing.

By the way, hesitated half day to press send to place order about Voodoo, whatched again the pictures in this thread, i just couldnt resist. I ordered the colour scheme that is attached.

I will move my stuff from Simprop RazFaz to Voodoo

HET 3W
Hacker 30A
Schulze 435
7xKan1050 / 8xGP1100
I own following props to test the optimum setup
4.75x4.75 / 4.75x.4.2 / 4.5x4.1 / 4.1x4.1

Voodoo, you are worth it (thats what they say in commercial )

E
Last edited by ezmo; Nov 22, 2005 at 05:40 AM.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 09:13 PM
Sydney Australia
Joined May 2005
869 Posts
Some Voodoo owners have moved servo at leading edge to trailing edge which still give you 2 servos, but gives you more room in front for larger pack. Mine with TP 2100 pro lite and mega 16/15/3 keeps me happy !!! i like my Voodoo way better than dynamic. Turns much better !!!!!!!

Post maiden flight report !!!!

Mav
Old Nov 23, 2005, 12:33 AM
Finland
Joined Aug 2005
695 Posts
Hi

Called to Hoellein, Takes approx 4-6 weeks, cause some American guys are buying Voodoos faster than the manufacturer is capable of building

We'll see if i get it still this year or early next year. Lucky me, hobby shop next to me started to import TP lipos, they dont have TP2100 3s that would fit in Voodoo, but they have backorder about those. Might get few of those when time is ready.

Maiden flight report with video will come for sure.
Old Nov 23, 2005, 07:05 AM
Finland
Joined Aug 2005
695 Posts
where to get that doppler effect sw and how the procedure works. Record bypassing plane sound and pc program analyzes the bypassing sound change ?

NO worries found the answer.

Esa
Last edited by ezmo; Nov 23, 2005 at 07:13 AM.
Old Nov 23, 2005, 07:06 AM
Southampton, UK
Joined Oct 2001
3,384 Posts
Ezmo,

I don't know where you are from. I currently live in the UK and i found it worth while to order my lipo's from the USA direct. I got them from lightflightrc but I think cheapbatterypacks and combatwings also have nice prices.

For one 3S pack you are looking at 65 to 70 USD and for me it was 8 USD to airmail me a couple of packs. It arrived in about 10 days time and i did not have to pay a customs charge. I am sorry to say, but the local hobby shops just ask way to much!

As for the servo's, I would advise you to stick with what is recommended by the manufacturer. Unless you really know what you are doing.

J.
Old Nov 23, 2005, 05:50 PM
Joined Jul 2005
141 Posts
It'll be a long winter

I just put in my order for a Voodoo but it appears that it will be delayed over 8 weeks because some dufas in Finland just took my slot.

I've been reading this thread (since yesterday) and just couldn't take it any longer.
ZX1100F1 is offline Find More Posts by ZX1100F1
Old Nov 23, 2005, 06:19 PM
Sydney Australia
Joined May 2005
869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezmo
Hi

Called to Hoellein, Takes approx 4-6 weeks, cause some American guys are buying Voodoos faster than the manufacturer is capable of building

We'll see if i get it still this year or early next year. Lucky me, hobby shop next to me started to import TP lipos, they dont have TP2100 3s that would fit in Voodoo, but they have backorder about those. Might get few of those when time is ready.

Maiden flight report with video will come for sure.
TP 3s 2100 pro lite fits voodoo. thats what I run !!!

Mav
Old Nov 23, 2005, 11:29 PM
Finland
Joined Aug 2005
695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX1100F1
I just put in my order for a Voodoo but it appears that it will be delayed over 8 weeks because some dufas in Finland just took my slot.

I've been reading this thread (since yesterday) and just couldn't take it any longer.

Hohooo, sorry Well, sometimes it is nice to wait something to arrive.

I have been staring this thread a week or so and day after day VOODOO just became more and more temptating. I had many options to go for new plane.

Used Avionik D99
Boomerang
Excite (from elektrofly)
Stinger
Voodoo

Just would like to know what has been the current of this HOT setup

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...hmentid=533627
Last edited by ezmo; Nov 24, 2005 at 12:15 AM.