HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 17, 2012, 04:57 PM
voodoo magic maaan
lukeydukey10's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Merton
Joined Jan 2011
339 Posts
Voodoo Mk2 complete
A lot more thought has gone into this one
I wish I could take credit for the work...
Mods done - see pic of wing servos in stock position but sunken into the wing which gained me 6mm of space - it now closes very easily with 3 cells on board, also have shortened the torque rods.. Still have loads of throw
Het 3w, 45a graupner esc, 4.75 gm folder prop, 3s 1600 nanotech
Should be quite lively!
lukeydukey10 is offline Find More Posts by lukeydukey10
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 18, 2012, 06:51 AM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
VooDoo Child's Avatar
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,804 Posts
NICE !!!!!!!! I dig the work on the ail servos,all is so nice and clean.
VooDoo Child is online now Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:51 AM
Flying Dutchman!
robertboxhoorn's Avatar
Nederland, FL, Emmeloord
Joined Sep 2011
356 Posts
Shoo nice job!
robertboxhoorn is offline Find More Posts by robertboxhoorn
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2012, 07:09 AM
Registered User
United Kingdom, Wales, Monmouthshire
Joined Aug 2011
176 Posts
Luke - have you had a chance to maiden your Voodoo Mk2 yet? Was wondering how you got on with the visibility of the yellow and black colour scheme.

I'm about to pull the trigger on a Voodoo and can't decide whether to go for the yellow/black or the yellow/green/blue. I'm a little apprehensive about the small size so want the best colour for keeping track of the plane. I love the look of the yellow/black but not so keen on the black leading edge. On my Speedo sloper, which has a black leading edge and small frontal profile it does disappear when flying directly towards you. Maybe it's not an issue when you're going fast pulling quick turns.

Anyone else have any opinions and recommendations of the best colour?
TimR74 is offline Find More Posts by TimR74
Last edited by TimR74; Oct 22, 2012 at 07:10 AM. Reason: ...
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2012, 07:13 AM
Crashing into the sky!
jackosmeister's Avatar
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,225 Posts
Pink (seriously..)
jackosmeister is online now Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2012, 07:20 AM
Registered User
United Kingdom, Wales, Monmouthshire
Joined Aug 2011
176 Posts
I'm not man enough to get a pink one

Don't think Mirourban do that as an option, did you have to get yours as a custom job?
TimR74 is offline Find More Posts by TimR74
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2012, 07:48 AM
voodoo magic maaan
lukeydukey10's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Merton
Joined Jan 2011
339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimR74 View Post
Luke - have you had a chance to maiden your Voodoo Mk2 yet? Was wondering how you got on with the visibility of the yellow and black colour scheme.

I'm about to pull the trigger on a Voodoo and can't decide whether to go for the yellow/black or the yellow/green/blue. I'm a little apprehensive about the small size so want the best colour for keeping track of the plane. I love the look of the yellow/black but not so keen on the black leading edge. On my Speedo sloper, which has a black leading edge and small frontal profile it does disappear when flying directly towards you. Maybe it's not an issue when you're going fast pulling quick turns.

Anyone else have any opinions and recommendations of the best colour?
Maiden complete - need to get new esc! This one couldn't handle the pace and kept cutting out so flight only last 2 mins...

Will try and squeeze a CC in there tonight

It was a cloudy day and starting to get dark and could see it well at all times.
Definitely get orange and black, its the best colour available in my opinion

I currently have het 3w in the voodoo (3000kv) and it felt pretty gutless

Whats the phattest motor others have fitted in this little rocket?
lukeydukey10 is offline Find More Posts by lukeydukey10
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2012, 11:36 AM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
VooDoo Child's Avatar
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,804 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeydukey10 View Post
Maiden complete - need to get new esc! This one couldn't handle the pace and kept cutting out so flight only last 2 mins...

Will try and squeeze a CC in there tonight

It was a cloudy day and starting to get dark and could see it well at all times.
Definitely get orange and black, its the best colour available in my opinion

I currently have het 3w in the voodoo (3000kv) and it felt pretty gutless

Whats the phattest motor others have fitted in this little rocket?
Neu 29mm just makes it.......Congrats on the maiden.Always good when they come home in 1 piece.
VooDoo Child is online now Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2012, 11:40 AM
voodoo magic maaan
lukeydukey10's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Merton
Joined Jan 2011
339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo Child View Post
Neu 29mm just makes it.......Congrats on the maiden.Always good when they come home in 1 piece.
which neu is that Voodoo boy?
lukeydukey10 is offline Find More Posts by lukeydukey10
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2012, 12:13 PM
Registered User
United Kingdom, Wales, Monmouthshire
Joined Aug 2011
176 Posts
Good news on the maiden. Nice that your familiar with the plane having had one already.

Yellow/red/black one is ordered. Got plenty of time to think about the install if the waiting time is still 12 weeks.

I'm surprised you're finding the HET 3W a bit gutless, is it just a case that you're getting more used to the size and speed of these planes? I'm looking at a similar setup of a Mega 15/16/3, 3S, 4.7x4.7. Looks pretty rapid from the videos I've seen and just hope it's not too noisy for our field.
TimR74 is offline Find More Posts by TimR74
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2012, 12:29 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
VooDoo Child's Avatar
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,804 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeydukey10 View Post
which neu is that Voodoo boy?
I was using the 1105/2.5Y on 4.5X4.1 APC,3S,CC45....But any 1105 series will work,and work nice.
VooDoo Child is online now Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2012, 03:44 PM
voodoo magic maaan
lukeydukey10's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Merton
Joined Jan 2011
339 Posts
dont worry Tim its not a noisy plane...

I have just tried a dry run with het 2w motor and ice lite 75 and guess what, its fits with ease! I dont need a 75 and will prob order a 50

So, the servos being sunk into the wing means I can get longer more powerful motor and also decent size ESC with data logging on board - happy days :-)
lukeydukey10 is offline Find More Posts by lukeydukey10
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2012, 05:07 PM
Crashing into the sky!
jackosmeister's Avatar
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,225 Posts
You sure an ICE 50 will fit? Theyre a goofy size, totally different to 75
jackosmeister is online now Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2012, 05:19 PM
voodoo magic maaan
lukeydukey10's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Merton
Joined Jan 2011
339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackosmeister View Post
You sure an ICE 50 will fit? Theyre a goofy size, totally different to 75
Oh no! I just presumed smaller and more compact

I checked measurements on cc website and 40x26x17mm for ice lite 50 compared to 63x26x17mm for 75
So same size but less length

You sure Jacko?
lukeydukey10 is offline Find More Posts by lukeydukey10
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2012, 05:20 PM
voodoo magic maaan
lukeydukey10's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Merton
Joined Jan 2011
339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackosmeister View Post
You sure an ICE 50 will fit? Theyre a goofy size, totally different to 75
Ps it's ice lite 50 which is different to ice50
lukeydukey10 is offline Find More Posts by lukeydukey10
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion New Pylon Racer dalbert02 Electric Plane Talk 2 Sep 22, 2006 09:19 PM
Discussion New pylon racer.. whatcha think? threcixty High Performance 7 Jul 30, 2006 11:10 PM
Spirit 400, my new pylon racer! Thomas Manson Parkflyers 2 Aug 31, 2003 08:07 PM
New pylon racer launch system sneu High Performance 5 Feb 13, 2003 04:22 AM
T-Strike, a new pylon racer! Harm Botman High Performance 15 Jan 25, 2002 06:26 PM