HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 17, 2005, 05:57 AM
Sydney Australia
Joined May 2005
865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidleitch
Where are you getting the 4.1 x 4.1 prop from?
Aircraft World sell them and many others !!!

Chris

On another note I have a Hacker B50 10M Carbon F5B motor for sale if you know of any one interested !!! Had 6 flights max as new.

Cheers
Mavrik is offline Find More Posts by Mavrik
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 17, 2005, 06:04 AM
Sydney Australia
Joined May 2005
865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopingFred
Hi Jos,

I think i'll go for the ailerons down with this model. Ailerons up, ok, you break the speed, but the model fall like a stone. With the ailerons down, you can slow down the model much more for a safer landing... This is the option I'll choose.

Any experiences with this setup for a pylon racer ?

Fred
Jos and Fred,

2mm down aileron works fine. I probalby have 3 mm with mine. Remember to mix in some down elevaor as it will baloon with out it !!!

I have had about 10 flights on my voodoo now and am very happy. Only thing not happy with is pitch and elevator sensativity. I will keep playing with COG as I think this is issue. All in all a great model and FAST

Chris
Old Aug 17, 2005, 07:20 AM
Ain't Dutch? Ain't Mutch!
Southampton, UK
Joined Oct 2001
3,384 Posts
Ok, down flaperons for landing it is.

Gluing the second servo in after I post this.....

Elevator servo is in, no slop what so ever! Had to reshape and also thin the servo arm to fit the MPjet clevis.

Best not forget the locking screw on top.

J.
Kimble_Schmitz is offline Find More Posts by Kimble_Schmitz
Old Aug 18, 2005, 04:31 AM
Ain't Dutch? Ain't Mutch!
Southampton, UK
Joined Oct 2001
3,384 Posts
Wowww, so much action in here! Must be summer.

I have one thing that does worrie me. I did make the servo horns as small as I could possibly make them. But still I don't need full travel on the servo's.

Especialy the elevator servo can only move up so much before it hits the rudder. The thing that worries me is that if I have a glitch, or uppon power up. The servo tries to move beyond what it is limited to and damages the gear or some other part.

The fact that the C261 servo has a very thick output shaft compared to the W084 does not help. Maybe one would be better off with the Waypoint servo.

Also what about the metal pushrod. I would prefer a thicker carbon rod to keep it from bending. You need some force to bend it but it is possible. Would not surprise me if these force are generated at 250km/hour.

Scared to fly this thing? Yup.
Kimble_Schmitz is offline Find More Posts by Kimble_Schmitz
Old Aug 18, 2005, 05:19 AM
Joined Dec 2004
352 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrik
Jos and Fred,

Remember to mix in some down elevaor as it will baloon with out it !!!

Chris
Adjust your CG...... with the right one no tendencies of this behavior will come.....
f5b@wannabe is offline Find More Posts by f5b@wannabe
Old Aug 18, 2005, 05:24 AM
Joined Dec 2004
352 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimble_Schmitz
Also what about the metal pushrod. I would prefer a thicker carbon rod to keep it from bending. You need some force to bend it but it is possible. Would not surprise me if these force are generated at 250km/hour.
(
No need to...... the forces are quite small..... you got only 2mm travel.... and no fludder (on mine e.g. ...) no problem at all
Old Aug 19, 2005, 07:15 AM
Vini, Vidi, Scalies
Ireland, Dublin, Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown
Joined Oct 2003
652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by f5b@wannabe
Adjust your CG...... with the right one no tendencies of this behavior will come.....
I think this is not the ideal solution for this problem.
Ailerons down generate Lift (and a bit of drag), that make the plane going up. You have to compensate this effect with the elevator, not by moving the CG.
If you change the CG, ailerons neutrals, the plane will have a totally different comportement...
That's what happens in the real stuff... when you put the flaps, you push the stick forward, better than moving all the luggages in the noze

Fred
LoopingFred is online now Find More Posts by LoopingFred
Old Aug 21, 2005, 05:58 AM
Sydney Australia
Joined May 2005
865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopingFred
I think this is not the ideal solution for this problem.
Ailerons down generate Lift (and a bit of drag), that make the plane going up. You have to compensate this effect with the elevator, not by moving the CG.
If you change the CG, ailerons neutrals, the plane will have a totally different comportement...
That's what happens in the real stuff... when you put the flaps, you push the stick forward, better than moving all the luggages in the noze

Fred
Correct !!!

Chris
Old Aug 21, 2005, 04:17 PM
Joined Dec 2004
352 Posts
well, then i must have an exotic voodoo ?!?

There aren´t any balooning tendencies on mine........ cg is about 1.5mm behind manufacturers recommendation..... no problem at all, fine, fast turns, easy landing.....

you´re right, but the things seem to work with the voodoo..... thats the differenca between theoretics and practice
Old Aug 22, 2005, 01:00 AM
Vini, Vidi, Scalies
Joined Oct 2003
652 Posts
Quote:
well, then i must have an exotic voodoo ?!?

There aren´t any balooning tendencies on mine........ cg is about 1.5mm behind manufacturers recommendation..... no problem at all, fine, fast turns, easy landing.....

you´re right, but the things seem to work with the voodoo..... thats the differenca between theoretics and practice
Hi F5B

How many Milimeters down do you have for landings ?

Fred
Old Aug 22, 2005, 05:25 AM
Joined Dec 2004
352 Posts
exact: 2mm down, no elevator trim.........
model turns into a very flat glide and allows maximum elevator for slowing down without any bad habits.
Old Aug 22, 2005, 07:58 AM
Vini, Vidi, Scalies
Joined Oct 2003
652 Posts
Strange...
So, if I understand, with or without the ailerons down, no differences at all in the model flying attitude... (if you fly level, you put the ailerons down and the model stay level, but slow down)

Someone else have the same CG config as F5B ?

Fred
Old Aug 22, 2005, 02:55 PM
Joined Dec 2004
352 Posts
yepp, thats it......

but you can also bring down the voodoo without any flaps... no problem at all.... with flaps down you´ve just a little more elev. sensitivity when really slow......
Old Aug 22, 2005, 09:21 PM
Sydney Australia
Joined May 2005
865 Posts
Quote:
yepp, thats it......

but you can also bring down the voodoo without any flaps... no problem at all.... with flaps down you´ve just a little more elev. sensitivity when really slow......
F5B,

What is you motor esc etc set up ?? You may have posted, but will save me looking for it !!!

Cheers

Mav
Old Aug 23, 2005, 01:14 AM
Vini, Vidi, Scalies
Joined Oct 2003
652 Posts
Strange...I have less sensitivity when I'm really slow (as usual)...

We may not have the same plane...

Fred