Old May 18, 2012, 10:55 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mofosheee View Post
Well............. I guess nothing scares him
LOL,yup,know him pretty well......Next time you see him,tell him VooDoo from Flying Giants said WHATS UP! that boy got skills.
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
to remove ads between posts
Old May 19, 2012, 02:33 AM
Sweden (Åkersberga)
Joined Nov 2004
717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo Child View Post
If you find yourself by Florida,let me know,i will take you out flying for a day
Thanks for the offer!

As last year I will end the road trip in Florida. (where else )This time at the east coast and Orlando though. I assume you are located near Daytona?

Good news, a customer cancelled his/her order so I will have the Voodoo already next week! I'm not sure I will get the time to try it out before I leave but let's see

/Håkan
hakank is offline Find More Posts by hakank
Old May 19, 2012, 02:49 AM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,401 Posts
Be sure to check out kennedy space centre, probably the coolest place ive ever been (the shuttle simulator is better than anything at disney! )
jackosmeister is online now Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Old May 19, 2012, 02:51 AM
Sweden (Åkersberga)
Joined Nov 2004
717 Posts
Been there 3 times and aiming for the 4:th Actually, It might be an opportunity to visit Daytona!
Old May 19, 2012, 03:15 AM
Joined Aug 2010
2,834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakank View Post
Thanks for the offer!

As last year I will end the road trip in Florida. (where else )This time at the east coast and Orlando though. I assume you are located near Daytona?

Good news, a customer cancelled his/her order so I will have the Voodoo already next week! I'm not sure I will get the time to try it out before I leave but let's see

/Håkan
I am working in Orlando International Airport as I type......short drive from Daytona ; ).......Very cool that you be getting the VooDoo early,you will be blown away when you open that box up.
Old May 19, 2012, 03:18 AM
Joined Aug 2010
2,834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackosmeister View Post
Be sure to check out kennedy space centre, probably the coolest place ive ever been (the shuttle simulator is better than anything at disney! )
I miss the Shuttle launches SOOOOOOOO MUCH....I have been down there for every launch over the last 6 years of there service...I will be heading down to the Cape this morning for the launch of an Falcon 9 Rocket in 2 hours : ).......EDIT,just got home,no fire in the sky this morning....sad face.
Last edited by VooDoo Child; May 19, 2012 at 06:30 AM.
Old May 19, 2012, 11:41 AM
Sweden (Åkersberga)
Joined Nov 2004
717 Posts
I had some better luck back in 2007
Florida Launch - Florida Del 1 (2 min 53 sec)
You get bonus points if you manage to translate my language into english

But still I remember back in 1969 watching a black and white no more then 8 years old THE landing. That's why I still, after 3 times, shiver walking under the Saturn V at KSC.

Do you know why the launch was scrubbed?
Old May 19, 2012, 12:16 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,834 Posts
LOL,You talk funny (truth be told,i am just jealous,i am from New York City,so my accent sounds like ).....As far as the SpaceX launch,it was strange when it happened,all 9 engines fired-the boom fell back,then it all just shut off ......It ended that one of the 9 motors had a temp sensor go off,so it shut all motors down .But i live so close and watch every launch at the cape,a scrub does not bother me,i will just go down there again on the next try....but i always feel bad for all the people i talk to that came from so far away.You to are a lucky man,i would have to think ANY person that has witnessed a Shuttle launch,will remember for there whole life of how amazing they were,and how they can make the whole earth shake under your feet,and the things that go through your mind as you watch.....The power and speed was just AMAZING.
Old May 19, 2012, 09:27 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,834 Posts
EDIT ! removed due to suckyness ; )
Last edited by VooDoo Child; May 21, 2012 at 06:24 PM.
Old May 19, 2012, 10:03 PM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,401 Posts
240p?

Is it 1996?
jackosmeister is online now Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Old May 19, 2012, 11:58 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,834 Posts
Quote:
240p?

Is it 1996?
LOL,i tried it in 3 different modes,i have been messing with this thing all day,that video just of course loaded fastest ...The HD was way worse,plus there is a problem with the mic.....I called them up and told them they sold me a Jacked Up Rag...So they said "Bring it on back,and we will see what we can do"...so i said "i am on my way" so i drive 25 minutes back down there,and they are locking the doors and tell me i need to come back monday .....MAN,some people are just lucky i do not respond to how my emotions tell me to
Old May 20, 2012, 12:04 AM
Joined Aug 2010
2,834 Posts
Quote:
240p?

Is it 1996?
On the up side,i just came home and made a Stiff Frosty Cold Adult Beverage and cranked up some Puscifer.....I feel much better now time to spend an hour balancing itty bitty little props for tomorrow
Puscifer The Mission - Official Video.flv (3 min 53 sec)
Old May 20, 2012, 04:47 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,834 Posts
Quote:
240p?

Is it 1996?
EDIT ! Is 1280 HD more to your liking ? : ) I have spent 3 days,and HOURS and HOURS messing with 4 different Vid Cams to try and get something NICE from mounting a cam on a hat.....as i said in another post,now i just have to glue a piece of balsa to my forehead to keep the cap from slipping and getting the plane out of frame : ).....MAN IS IT HARD TO GET GOOD VID OF THESE PLANES ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnPeL...1&feature=plcp
Last edited by VooDoo Child; May 21, 2012 at 06:17 PM.
Old May 22, 2012, 05:49 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakank View Post
I had some better luck back in 2007 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmSOyiZbWOU&feature=plcp You get bonus points if you manage to translate my language into english

But still I remember back in 1969 watching a black and white no more then 8 years old THE landing. That's why I still, after 3 times, shiver walking under the Saturn V at KSC.

Do you know why the launch was scrubbed?
Not a scrub anymore ,Right after work,i left the airport and ran down to the Cape...and the Space X was a go......Wow those 9 motors put off a nice rumble
Space-X Launch's Falcon 9 on Demonstration Flight (2 min 20 sec)
Old May 23, 2012, 01:44 AM
Sweden (Åkersberga)
Joined Nov 2004
717 Posts
Now that was nice! I had a look at NASA's schedule, no luck. Unfortunately no launch when I'm in the area this year.. My Voodoo it's on is way though :-)