HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 27, 2004, 05:06 PM
scotland, uk
Joined Nov 2003
96 Posts
firebird xl spares

Hi all.

Does anyone have any ideas where in the uk I can get spares for my ripmax firebird xl?.
I'm getting driven mad trying to locate them, even my local model shop seems to be struggling to get them for me.

What I'm looking for is a tailwing and the plastic v-shape that holds the tailwing in place as I destroyed the last 2 (original that came with it and one that came wing a new wing i got). I kind of decided to make the last tail wing out of balsawood and used digital scales to get it to same wieght as original. it did work but smashed up the v-shaped clip on last crash.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I would like to get it back in the air for summer 2005 and for my kids to get a shot of it if i really want them to.

WHY ME!!!!!!
syms33 is offline Find More Posts by syms33
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2004, 12:55 PM
Joined Dec 2004
6 Posts
Firebird XL spares

Hi, try http://www.rchobby.co.uk

http://www.anti-gravity.org.uk/

and

http://www.themodelcentre.com/

These are all in Leeds and all do mail order. The parts may not be listed on the sites but if you ring them they have most of the parts for many planes etc.

Andy
CosmicDance is offline Find More Posts by CosmicDance
Old Feb 07, 2007, 11:55 AM
Joined Nov 2006
15 Posts
the firebird xl is reall tough isn't it? whenever i've crashed it (about 15 times so far) the main body is fine but the wings break and are usually available at my local modelshop, but not anymore. so i'm having the same problem.

a word of advice check the strings for steering are tight or the side effects could be lethal for it.

scrivens
slopcier is offline Find More Posts by slopcier
Old Feb 07, 2007, 01:14 PM
scotland, uk
Joined Nov 2003
96 Posts
Hi all

I managed to find a model shop that sells spares though I think they aren't firebird xl spares, looks like they may be for another simliar looking plane.

What I am looking for now is the chargers for the xl and mabye a battery or 2. I tried charging the batteries i've got for it and find that they don't seem to be charging the way they should also I tried the car charger only to watch as a little puff of smoke came out it so I'm kinda thinking the chargers are damaged after storing the box for the plane in my loft.

simon

WHY ME!!!!!!
syms33 is offline Find More Posts by syms33