HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 26, 2004, 08:34 PM
I hate waiting for parts
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Apr 2001
6,862 Posts
Hirobo XRB R/C really good for beginners?

Hello everyone,

Well, I hope this is the right board to put this in.....

A few years ago, I bought an entire Piccolo outfit for around $500. I had nothing but problems, mosty due to the fact I didn't know what I was doing. I didn't get much help from the one club member that flew choppers, and had a few minor mishaps with it. Before destroying it completely, I sold it for $450 and considered it a $50 lesson learned.

....the itch for an indoor micro helicopter has never been scratch-able, unfortunately!

I came across the Hirobo XRB R/C a few days ago in a magazine. Did some research for it on the 'Net and decided that I must have one! Now I know nothing is fool-proof, but I guess my question is this: With many years of R/C plane experience, can I hope to be successful with this helicopter? I'm not being unrealistic and expecting to be a pro immediately, but I have little help available to me from my club.... one chopper pilot is an older gentleman and isn't around much anymore, and the other guy lives 3 hours away. So in other words, I'll be on my own with this. I realize that the technology for R/C micro helicopters is much different than it was 3-4 years ago, so I'm hoping things will be a little simpler this time around.

I'm not interested in fast, fancy, or aerobatics.... I just want something small to putt-putt around the house with. I'm looking for opinions as I don't want to throw away $350 if I can help it.

Thanks!
Mike_Then is online now Find More Posts by Mike_Then
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 26, 2004, 08:50 PM
Dallas Texas
Joined Dec 2004
686 Posts
I have seen the guys fly it my LHS. He got it in the air, put the radio on thr floor {while it was in the air} and it sat there hovering, the most stable micro I have ever seen. They sell it as a trianer. I think it would be great trainer to get the basics of hovering in all demisions.

Good luck
heliguy1232 is offline Find More Posts by heliguy1232
Old Dec 26, 2004, 10:19 PM
Rochester
Joined Jan 2004
358 Posts
Check out the multi rotor heli section here and you will find all kinds of info on this .I have had mine for FOUR DAYS and I can hover in my 9x9 space no problem . Its your best chance at flying a heli.Mine will hover hands off for 10 seconds.
helodog is offline Find More Posts by helodog
Old Dec 27, 2004, 08:08 AM
I hate waiting for parts
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Apr 2001
6,862 Posts
Yeah, I was gonna post there but I thought I might get more diverse responses since this board covers a wide range of helicopter pilots. I'll post this there as well.

Thanks guys!
Mike_Then is online now Find More Posts by Mike_Then
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 27, 2004, 09:22 AM
2013 GRAND SPORT CORVETTE
Golden Gulf Coast
Joined Jul 2002
10,201 Posts
The best indoor, heli trainer and confidence builder on the market today IMHO. I love mine and I had the HoverFly and tethered XRB. No contest. The RC Sky Robo is the top of the pile. Excellent quality throughout.

Happy Holidays - Boyd
Hoverup is offline Find More Posts by Hoverup