HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 25, 2004, 12:36 AM
Penticton, B.C.
Joined Jun 2004
688 Posts
Anoyone have a china made axi copy ? C28-30-09 ? impressed ?

I ordered a axi 2808/24 from ny LHS and the supplier subbed this china made axi copy.

C28-30-09 motor

Link takes a bit to load.

Anyone have one of these motors ? How does it compare to a AXI 2808-24 ?

How much are they worth on the net ?

This motor is intended to power a GWS formosa (est 18oz awu). Looking for more power than my current park 400 "C" ,TP2100 3C, APC TE 9/7.5 setup. I've heard the 2808 is almost too much, but then how much is too much ? HE HE

Any info and or links much appreciated .

Martin
rcmarty is offline Find More Posts by rcmarty
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 25, 2004, 05:24 AM
Bristol, England
Joined Aug 2000
2,077 Posts
They are entirely different motors.

In a number of Asian motors, the first figure for the diameter applies to the diameter of the case, the Czechs and Plettenberg use the first figure for the diameter of the armature (or rotor). This motor has a 28mm case diameter (possibly making it an AXi 22 series copy), and the Axi 2808s have a 36mm case diameter. I say possibly making it a copy because Model Motors have done huge amounts of development work during the time of it's current ownership. All the features would be difficult to duplicate without the required technical knowledge.

John
John E is offline Find More Posts by John E
Old Dec 25, 2004, 08:38 AM
Around the World
Scottsville, KY
Joined Jun 2002
5,641 Posts
I'd tell the LHS that I ordered an AXI and get my money back. You paid for first class motor - you deserve first class motor.
cadconversions is offline Find More Posts by cadconversions
Old Dec 25, 2004, 01:52 PM
burr ridge illinois
Joined Oct 2003
1,450 Posts
Impressed with what, your LHS?

Not really...
echassin is offline Find More Posts by echassin
Old Dec 26, 2004, 05:41 AM
homo ludens modellisticus
near Nijmegen, Netherlands
Joined Feb 2001
10,509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmarty
... the supplier subbed this china made axi copy...
There are over 40 outrunner manufacturers now, who copied from whom ?
Ron van Sommeren is offline Find More Posts by Ron van Sommeren
Old Dec 26, 2004, 09:15 AM
burr ridge illinois
Joined Oct 2003
1,450 Posts
Regardless, I would be equally unimpressed with my LHS if I asked for a copycat motor and they got me an AXI: it's not what I asked for!
echassin is offline Find More Posts by echassin
Old Dec 26, 2004, 01:25 PM
Penticton, B.C.
Joined Jun 2004
688 Posts
My LHS has troubles ordering my requests.
He's a smaller store and the suppliers he deals with have low or no minimums per month.

He said to check it out and if i don't like it it will be ok to return. The speed control i don't like. It's a "tower power" from china. I told him i didn't like it right off the bat and said i prefer the CC esc's.

This time we had a barter going for some truck parts he needed.

I've been on the forums and net long enough to keep the deals fair

Has anyone seen this motor for sale on the net (besides $55 on ebay) ? If so where were they sitting at ?

MArtin
Old Dec 26, 2004, 02:06 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Apr 2003
1,455 Posts
That motor seems to be an copy of Mega or some east europe brand outrunners.
I have seen it in person but not owned , it is too fragile I think.
I have seen another china 'mftr' on the field to test 'their' 'secret products'...another outrunner motor/ 'own' developed esc.., they just make some copy wood built up planes.
They saw me once put a axi on a omei and said wow,,...an outrunner HAS TO BE BETTER...may be it is me the only e flyer here in Shenzhen (except that dragonwing and alikes) . Those guys (correctly say they're hongkongers) then work on more copy e-planes and 'develope' e 'acessories'...I am now flying some higher powered faster gliders using some more powerful motors chiefly pletti's , and they asked me what am I using , I said china motor+ china gear box and they asked what brand, I learn to pretend to be a 'secret' too, .....I want to see what they will come up with after some weeks/ months.
In fact I have one of my hotliners is really using a china made motor with a maxon gearbox, it puts out some 1000W, but be frankly, the motor is a sample lot from a china motor maker which I know for some time.
One more thing, I think that pic motor is sold here about usd 40- in the retail outlets.
MANY MOTORS/ESC can be found here, but as what i said, some good some bad, needs luck and bench check carefully before put to real use. Don't ask me why I know ...

David
C-MIC is offline Find More Posts by C-MIC
Old Dec 26, 2004, 04:20 PM
It's a Great Day to Fly
Melbourne Beach, Florida
Joined Jan 2002
3,863 Posts
My friend flies his Formosa with an AXI 2808/24 and it is ballistic. Awesome

Len
LenBFP is offline Find More Posts by LenBFP
Old Dec 26, 2004, 04:57 PM
Penticton, B.C.
Joined Jun 2004
688 Posts
That's what i'm talkin' about.

What else is the rest of the plane like ?

I plan on :

TP 2100 G2 3 cell pack
gws pico servo's x 4 (2 for wing)
2808/34 motor.
CF tube from tip to tip (wingbrace)
Glued on wing
Rear mounted rudd/elev servos.

I have some pics of my buillt one Here

Similar build to this but more effort to reduce the epoxy weight.

Could you ask your friend what his plane specs out like ? Packs,AUW,Prop ?

I currently have the park 400 "C" with a 9/7.5 apc te prop. Take off about 5-6' then you can point straight up and go for as long as you want. I guesstimate 45-50 mph in a dive .

MArtin
Old Dec 26, 2004, 11:48 PM
BEC
Auburn, Washington USA
Joined Jan 2001
12,937 Posts
Just looking at the referenced web page these motors look to be attempts at copying the AXI 2212 series. The dimensions, weight, Kv, current limits quoted are all similar.

Even if they're perfect copies that run as well as the real AXis (which I'd have to see to believe) none of them are AXI 2808 replacments.
BEC is offline Find More Posts by BEC
Old Dec 27, 2004, 12:22 AM
Our Daddy and Heli Junkie
In Heli Wonderland
Joined Aug 1999
22,796 Posts
The MPJet Blue outrunner on 3 cells will turn a 9-6 APC at almost 10K. Seeing this on a Formosa is almost scary.
Fred Bronk is offline Find More Posts by Fred Bronk
Old Dec 27, 2004, 12:36 AM
Penticton, B.C.
Joined Jun 2004
688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Bronk
The MPJet Blue outrunner on 3 cells will turn a 9-6 APC at almost 10K. Seeing this on a Formosa is almost scary.
I have one of the blue outrunners. powered by a tp 3s 2100, and a apc te 9/4.5 and it wasn't as good as the park 400 c with a apc te 9/7.5

I have one and had high hopes for it. Supose to be for 18 oz acrobatic.

I still hope the axi 2808 will top the park 400.

Martin
Old Dec 27, 2004, 04:55 AM
It's a Great Day to Fly
Melbourne Beach, Florida
Joined Jan 2002
3,863 Posts
Quote:
What else is the rest of the plane like ?

He used a TP 2100 3S pack and I think an APC 9x6 but will have to verify. The rest was stock except the motor mount, he used a sp400 mount - not a GWS but a half shell thing.

Len
LenBFP is offline Find More Posts by LenBFP
Last edited by LenBFP; Dec 27, 2004 at 05:00 AM.