HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 05, 2002, 08:31 AM
Palm Bay, FL, USA
Joined May 2001
1,236 Posts
Let me introduce the DEMON!!!! (Transparent covering and eliptical wing!!!)

This is the second generation of Speedy. The DEMON is here:
Wingspan:38"
Length:30:
Weight:17-21 oz.
Gel-coated fiberglass fuselage, balsa built-up wing.
$99.00

modest-master is offline Find More Posts by modest-master
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 05, 2002, 11:49 AM
ccpetersen
n/a Posts
Does this model have the same aileron servo hookup as the Speedy?
Old Aug 18, 2002, 06:26 PM
Ahhgh! Not ANOTHER new plane!
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2001
2,777 Posts
I noticed another thread where pilots were lamenting that the aileron wires were too thin, causing too much flex. Modest-master, any opinions?
Robert Stinson is online now Find More Posts by Robert Stinson
Old Aug 19, 2002, 08:20 AM
Palm Bay, FL, USA
Joined May 2001
1,236 Posts
Ailerons

It's funny many people replaced thin wire, but I already have second Demon/Hacker B 20 18L set up still with original wire.
At "Warbirds over Delaware" show we clocked the speed at 75MPH with no problems at all. Also I have been flying same set up at SEFF in Atlanta with no problems too.
I think it's matter of thumbs than the plane.

modest-master is offline Find More Posts by modest-master
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 19, 2002, 09:25 AM
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2001
2,777 Posts
Modest-master;

What kind of low-middle-cruise characteristics does the Demon have? I ask because I fly in a park with limited space. It's an area about the size of two soccer fields side-by-side, with tll trees allaround it. Is this space enough to maneuver comfortably? Or, would you recommend the Zombie in this environment?
Old Aug 22, 2002, 07:59 PM
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2001
2,777 Posts
I have a Demon on order, so for you Speedy or Demon owners, a question. The recommended prop is a 5x5. However, I have an aversion to fixed props on a plane with no LG. I don't like bent prop shafts! So, has anyone tried any folding props, if so, how big, details, etc......thanks!
Old Aug 22, 2002, 10:02 PM
Tork it or Dork it
Elizabethville,PA USA
Joined Jul 2000
2,198 Posts
I have a speedy, not a demon. The 5x5 prop works great on it the speedy. I've been playing around with gearing the speedy with a 400 and 4:1 gearbox and 11x8 prop. I like the speed better so I went to DD again. But the 11x8 folding prop worked well on it. The only way you really bent the motor shaft if you slammed it in hard. A 6x3 folder would probably work good on the speedy or demon. I just use a Permax 480 and 10x600ae and the 5x5 Cam speed prop. The best setup I found so far without brushless and the best speed.
Ryan Nau is offline Find More Posts by Ryan Nau
Old Aug 26, 2002, 12:46 AM
I.B.
Joined Oct 2001
563 Posts
I owned a Speedy at one time R.I.P. worked as an all around flyer but was "YELLOW" and hard to see! Would buy a DEMON but it dosent have the wing area of the Speedy. At least there is no sq. in. given..The Speedy would float with mush over. And until i re-hung the ailerons it almost barrel rolled! Lets see some wing areas before i make my mind up. What happened to the black/red wing ? BOB
IBbob31 is offline Find More Posts by IBbob31