HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 23, 2004, 09:40 PM
Custom User Title
Sydney/canberra, Australia
Joined Jul 2004
1,752 Posts
Rant
mail fraud - on me, ON ME!!

oh how excited i was when i ordered my new $170 brushless motor on tuesday, i specified i wanted it overnight post, i gave them credit card details, and my address... i was in a good mood.

WEDNESDAY: it didnt come, ok ok, its ok, maybe he didnt get it into the mail the exact day, although i did get rather excited when i saw the post van pull up in front of the house across the road...

THURSDAY: it should come overnight, so it shouldve been here, but it wasent, ok im ok, lets just assum that he didnt get it into the post till wednesday, and that there will be a slight 1 day delay in post coz of christmas, it should be here tomoro.

FRIDAY: its not here, i dont believe it, i ring up modelflight ask them for the registered post number, then i ring up the post office, talk to them about it, APPARENTLY they did try to deliver it on the wednesday, but there was no door answer, i was sitting on my front patio waiting for it for the past few days, they said that they had delivered it on thursday and that someone has SIGNED MY NAME, i asked my two sisters, my mum, and my dad if they had signed for it or recieved a package, they said they hadent.

in the end, im down $170, oh all the cool stuff i could have baught for that, and i feel betrayed by modelflight, parcel post, and my fellow auzzies, what a shame, merry christmas.
mhale71 is offline Find More Posts by mhale71
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 23, 2004, 10:45 PM
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE!!
Knoxville Tyson, Tennesse, United States
Joined Feb 2004
564 Posts
Man! That makes me want to cry!!

I think I would be having a meeting with the delivery person and find out where he left the package.

Ron
ronmar1 is offline Find More Posts by ronmar1
Old Dec 23, 2004, 11:18 PM
NC
Joined Aug 2004
1,007 Posts
Yeah, I would definitely try to get more details from the post office. That's a lot of money to let go so easily.

Spencer
spencer6891 is offline Find More Posts by spencer6891
Old Dec 23, 2004, 11:27 PM
Western New York
Joined Aug 2004
168 Posts
I would ask to see the recieving slip from the post office, it should have the signature of the signee, just a thought.
reusty2k5 is offline Find More Posts by reusty2k5
Old Dec 24, 2004, 03:26 AM
Balsa Abuser
Wyong, Australia
Joined Jul 2003
348 Posts
that is a real bugger mate.

normally it is the couriers that do that sort of thing at this time of year - xmas pressents you know.
happens at my work every year.

Yes I would ask to see the signature on this one.
Trikky is offline Find More Posts by Trikky
Old Dec 24, 2004, 04:18 AM
Letchworth, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jul 2004
11,714 Posts
Doesn't premium-rate delivery, such as overnight, have some kind of insurance? I would have thought that the onus is on the vendor and his delivery man (he contracted with the delivery company) to prove that they delivered the goods to you. If the vendor won't send a replacement at no cost to you, the credit card company is your next remedy -- in the UK anyway.
abenn is online now Find More Posts by abenn
Old Dec 24, 2004, 04:28 AM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jul 2003
4,482 Posts
mhale go into your post office say u didnt sign for it show your licence when they drop it off at your door u have to sign a hand held computer so they will clearly see the signature will be different and also ask to see what address it was dropped of to you should get a refund if not push modelflight to replace it but i would say if your signature isnt the same as the one signed they will pay up
gazza2003au is offline Find More Posts by gazza2003au
Old Dec 24, 2004, 05:36 AM
Custom User Title
Joined Jul 2004
1,752 Posts
thanks for the support

WELL, i called up the post office again and started talking to them about it and the number, they said it had been signed under the name Hale, my last name, and that it went to addelaide!! (wrong direction modelflight, im in sydney, not addelaide!!) addresed to hale, again, my last name, we rang up modelflight again and told them that the post said they delivered myne to some guy in addelaide, and that he had signed for it (technically his name is also hale, so it apparently doesnt count as mail fraud.) the guys at modelflight verifyd the address of the guy (aha, co-ordinates to send the bombers to) , and i screamed into the phone SYDNEY!! , EPPING IN SYDNEY!!!
lol, and they apologised and said that they would contact the person in order to retrieve the motor, which i payed for (and payed the extra for overnight ) , and in the meantime they would send me another motor overnight , free of charge, overnight delivery, right lol as if a guys gonna come on christmas, boxing day, OR monday or tuesday, anyways, itll be here on wednesday, (funny overnight thing aye), and i wont be there to sign for it because im going on holidays to forster on monday, 4AM and wont be back till january 7.. shame, i really wanted to take my heli up, just as well, we're going to berry island near the city tomoro, and i wanted to take the heli there too... anyone wanna meet up at BL ? itd be nice to annoy someone with the same interest... well if i see a guy with an rc plane there, youll know its me (the ugly blonde kid) ehehe

mike
Old Dec 24, 2004, 06:01 AM
Begin with end in mind...
Eagle Lake, Minnesota
Joined Apr 2003
5,613 Posts
See... there really is a Santa claus

POWER
power is offline Find More Posts by power
Old Dec 24, 2004, 06:21 AM
Balsa Abuser
Wyong, Australia
Joined Jul 2003
348 Posts
Glad to hear that you have it all sorted Mike.
Trikky is offline Find More Posts by Trikky
Old Dec 24, 2004, 11:16 AM
Go get them Meg!
Cabin 21...
Joined Jan 2001
2,118 Posts
You would have been covered by your credit card either way, in all likelyhood. CC companies are very good about not making their customers pay for stuff they havn't received.
lrsudog is offline Find More Posts by lrsudog
Old Dec 24, 2004, 03:39 PM
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE!!
Knoxville Tyson, Tennesse, United States
Joined Feb 2004
564 Posts
and a Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!!!

Glad you got it worked out!!
Ron
ronmar1 is offline Find More Posts by ronmar1
Old Dec 24, 2004, 05:59 PM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jul 2003
4,482 Posts
well done mhale i highly doubt they'll get there motor back lol the couriers pass the parcel to you than u sign for it allthey had to do was look at the last name as for the next day deliver the conditions outlined are the next business day so it'll probably be the wednesday you will have to go pick it up they'll leave a note in your letter box to go pick it up
Old Dec 25, 2004, 05:51 AM
Custom User Title
Joined Jul 2004
1,752 Posts
well, if this is their overnight service, they send it to addelaide, im glad it wasent some kind of medication i needed to survive

gazza, what did you do today?
Old Dec 25, 2004, 03:21 PM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jul 2003
4,482 Posts
had a BBQ cooked a s... load of meat my mum way over estermated how much we would eat plus i sprain my right rist and neck 2 days ago (again)