SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 23, 2004, 08:22 PM
Winnipeg, MB
Joined Dec 1996
7 Posts
Live video feed?

I saw a video of a RC plane (slowstick) being flown with an onboard micro video camera and was told that they can actually be flown with the camera live and you can watch it through a T.V. screen or something while you actually fly your plane! I would love to do that to see what it looks like from up there but to actually take up really high and just watch the screen to keep my orientation. It would also be fun just to see it live. Can this be done viewing through VR goggles seen as though carrying along a T.V. is a little inconvenient? What are some other monitors you can use to view the video on the ground?

So what kind of camera gear would you exactly use for live onboard video setup? Is it expensive? If anybody has links to onboard videos of RC planes, I would love to see them. Do these cameras work on any RC plane other than parkflyers?
danger is offline Find More Posts by danger
Last edited by danger; Dec 23, 2004 at 08:28 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 23, 2004, 10:58 PM
All posts Copyright '07
Joined Sep 2004
1,004 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danger
I saw a video of a RC plane (slowstick) being flown with an onboard micro video camera and was told that they can actually be flown with the camera live and you can watch it through a T.V. screen or something while you actually fly your plane! I would love to do that to see what it looks like from up there but to actually take up really high and just watch the screen to keep my orientation. It would also be fun just to see it live. Can this be done viewing through VR goggles seen as though carrying along a T.V. is a little inconvenient? What are some other monitors you can use to view the video on the ground?

So what kind of camera gear would you exactly use for live onboard video setup? Is it expensive? If anybody has links to onboard videos of RC planes, I would love to see them. Do these cameras work on any RC plane other than parkflyers?
www.blackwidowav.com
TrappedinNM is offline Find More Posts by TrappedinNM
Old Dec 24, 2004, 06:32 PM
Winnipeg, MB
Joined Dec 1996
7 Posts
Hey, on the products page of that website, they have a picture of the plane flying with a bunch of info on the screen (altitude, airspeed, RPM, etc) I emailed the site asking if that is something they sell and the person said their client uses it and its called the 'sky spy'. Does anybody know anything about this sky spy and where it can be purchased and how much it would cost or is it just a prototype that one person is using?
Old Dec 24, 2004, 06:37 PM
Winnipeg, MB
Joined Dec 1996
7 Posts
Never mind. Found the website. Wow. 400 dollars for just to get that info and 900 if you want also the camera. Its a project I would love to pursue but 900 dollars is a little steep and I have lots of other expenses at this moment.
Old Dec 25, 2004, 08:28 AM
SS AP'er!!
Stratford-upon-Avon, UK
Joined Oct 2003
682 Posts
Its good fun, you can do it for real cheap by buying a wireless camera off ebay and sticking a tv/vcr in the boot of your car! I did it, its not fantastic but you get the experience, and let me tell you, the buzz is amazing! This is all this was, cheap ebay wireless camera:

cheap wireless ebay cam video!
pjblink is offline Find More Posts by pjblink
Old Dec 25, 2004, 09:52 PM
CROP DUSTER
Wheatland Wyoming USA
Joined Sep 2003
326 Posts
I orderd one of these I figured I cant go wrong for 100 bucks
http://www.raidentech.com/24ghzmiwicoc.html
Greg
Agpilot442 is offline Find More Posts by Agpilot442