SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 22, 2004, 01:08 PM
California
Joined Oct 2002
410 Posts
AMA Convention Jan 7,8,9 Indoor Flying

The annual AMA convention is on again in California, in the city of Ontario, a bit north and east of Los Angeles. I plan on being there on Saturday and Sunday, Jan 8 and 9th, hanging out in the demo flying area. I am supposed to be the frequency control official, and also do indoor R/C demo flying. If you happen to come to the show, please come by and say hello. I should have my tiny SE-5, Ryan and other oddities including a R/C 9 inch ornithopter, and 4 foot flying wing that flies at 4mph.

Also my employer (AeroVironment Inc.) will have a booth for the purposes of recruiting motivated, talented, modelers with engineering experience for work on unmanned aircraft, also see www.aerovironment.com.

Thanks.
-Matt Keennon
Keennon is offline Find More Posts by Keennon
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 22, 2004, 02:21 PM
Leicester England
Joined Jun 2001
591 Posts
Sounds like lots of fun at the AMA, shall I post the C57 - now its flying
I am motivated but have no talent, cant spel either.
Mark
cold wet England (near Europe)
aeronutz is offline Find More Posts by aeronutz
Old Dec 22, 2004, 03:55 PM
England the Shires
Joined Mar 2003
214 Posts
Matt

Do you have pictures of the 4ft wing ?

Paul
stormbird is offline Find More Posts by stormbird
Old Dec 22, 2004, 04:35 PM
United States, VA, Clintwood
Joined Nov 2002
3,666 Posts
Mark
If you teach me all you know about cones, tubes, and other various shapes that make airplanes I'll teach you to moonwalk(breakdance) while flying your RC planes. Then you will be somewhat talented but then you will have to learn how to drive a train.

Billy
billystiltner is offline Find More Posts by billystiltner
Old Dec 22, 2004, 10:56 PM
Frequent Poster
South of Boston
Joined Mar 2004
846 Posts
I'd love to see the wing also :-) I'm workin on a 3'er with pager power, it's a recreation of the Air Surfer wing :-)Ultra-high gearing, well as far as I am concerned... 15:1!!
Pete P. is offline Find More Posts by Pete P.
Old Dec 23, 2004, 12:03 AM
Thousand Oaks, California
Joined May 2004
329 Posts
I plan on being there Saturday afternoon with my 4" Mono4 and Bipe4, though I get the impression I will not be allowed to fly them because I haven't been checked out by the safety officer. Perhaps you could fly them, Matt?
--Martin
Martin SJ is online now Find More Posts by Martin SJ
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 23, 2004, 02:13 PM
California
Joined Oct 2002
410 Posts
Martin- bring everything you need to fly your model. The safety officer is a friend of mine. You would most likely be required to show 2005 AMA membership, but a 4" R/C model really is not a safety hazard, even if it was intentionally flown into somebodys face, so I would guess we could let you fly assuming the frequency is clear, and there isn't a backlog of people waiting to fly. Last year it was very casual, and there was plenty of time that we could have had you fly. Hopefully it will be a similar deal this year. The difference is this year they have a much bigger space, so the parkflyer vendors will be more likely to be flying alot. Anyway, we'll work something out, I'm happy to carefully fly your model also.
Thanks.
-Matt
Old Dec 29, 2004, 08:52 AM
Northern VA
Joined Oct 2004
59 Posts
Matt,

Any more info. (or pics) on your 4ft/4mph wing? Thanks.

Rance
rance is offline Find More Posts by rance
Old Jan 05, 2005, 11:13 AM
California
Joined Oct 2002
410 Posts
Just one note to add to this, if you were planning on bringing your models to this show, they don't allow people to bring in items during the show, so if you have a specific desire to fly your model for demo you need to go to Jay Mealy's office at the show for permission. I am giving him a list of people who will be bringing in models, so let me know if you want me to add your name. It's a hassle, but it's for a good cause.
-Matt
Old Jan 05, 2005, 02:59 PM
Thousand Oaks, California
Joined May 2004
329 Posts
Matt - Please add my name to the list. I plan on bringing my Mono4 and Bipe4 planes. Thanks,
--Martin
Martin SJ is online now Find More Posts by Martin SJ
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 05, 2005, 03:17 PM
Frequent Poster
South of Boston
Joined Mar 2004
846 Posts
I wish I could afford a trip to Canada :-P I'd love to see all the above mentioned planes!! And fly mine indoors!! I currently can only fly about once per week due to weather conditions :-P
Old Jan 05, 2005, 03:46 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,432 Posts
I look forward to seeing you there Matt. Pick what you want to demo fly for the ezone article on the show. I will be hanging out at GWS and wandering the hall. Mike Heer
Michael Heer is offline Find More Posts by Michael Heer
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 06, 2005, 12:22 PM
Suspended Account
ni'ihau
Joined Nov 2003
3,241 Posts
I would love to hear more about the four foot wing. Maybe a picture?
thanks,
jimbo
Eljimb0 is offline Find More Posts by Eljimb0
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 06, 2005, 01:20 PM
Frequent Poster
South of Boston
Joined Mar 2004
846 Posts
Please Matt?? I'd love to see it!!
Old Jan 06, 2005, 01:42 PM
Leicester England
Joined Jun 2001
591 Posts
I looked for my picture of the flying wing thing but alas cannot find it and cannot log onto our web siet to look for it there
If you look at some our our older news letter you will see a picture of it there
Its a built up clear film covered model with motor steering
Mark
aeronutz is offline Find More Posts by aeronutz