HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 04, 2001, 09:15 AM
buy a lot, fly a little!
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island, Central And Western District
Joined May 2001
5,680 Posts
Graupner Gigant

Does any one have any information on the graupner Gigant, I.E reviews, home pages with this model on, pictures, comments.
Because all i have been able to find is the model on German sites. Not alot of good if you can only speak English.

This is a model that would certainly make a change down at the Local field, and from what i can make from my very rough translation (guess work) of German I think it would fly on a pack on 7-8 cells 17-3000's
but i might be wrong.
Any information will be greatly recieved
stuart warne is offline Find More Posts by stuart warne
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: JR P-38 take 2.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 04, 2001, 05:37 PM
D.G.B.
Southington, Connecticut, United States
Joined Jun 2000
2,951 Posts
Stuart I'm building this plane rite now.Fusaloge is easy.it has a couple of solid pieces in the front and the rest is all stick built.i just finished building the wing.it may look hard because the wing has polyhidral in it but its not.Once i had both centers built i put a stand-off on each side of the wing .this is to set up the correct dihdral then glued the two halfs.i left them in when i went to glue on the ends of the wing.i also put another set of stand-offs on the ends of the wing.but only do one end at a time.i had also disgussed this plane with jim ryan(ryan aircraft sp400 planes) he says his friend had this plane(now in trash bin) but had stactic stability problems .So i ahd a friend look at the tail section and he had the drawings blown-up by 20% fin/rudder&stab/elevators.i first thought it looked kind of out of place on the fuse but once the wing is in place it looks just like it suppose to be that big.Ian Dale did a review on this plane in 1997march/april E.F.I. Also i made solid alirons instead of the built-up ones they show on the planes to make.they seem to flimsy.another thing i'm doing is to use 2 servos in the wing instead of the single one and the thin wire they give you.when i got my kit it took 5 MONTHS!! to come in.also get the motor kit that is recommend by them. it comes with all the pieces you will need.if you like to build than this is a kit for you.and yes written directions come also in english.i am gonna cover mine in white lite span then paint it and seal with a coat flat dope.anymore questions just ask. enjoy, stefan
KOMET 44 is offline Find More Posts by KOMET 44