HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 16, 2004, 09:27 PM
Your attitude is your alt
Nashville Metro, Tennesse, United States
Joined Aug 2001
2,644 Posts
Best place to buy a new Eolo Pro

Well I've decided to get a new Eolo Pro and was wondering where you guys do business. I would prefer not to buy one through Helihobby and besides they are out of stock on the Pro model.
My next question is, what is everyone using as far as the brushless motor?
Is the 3rd bearing really necessary and if so should I go ahead and order it the same time I order the kit?
Lastly, those of you that have gone from the Corona to the Eolo, was it worth the expense? If not why, and if it was why also?
Thanks in advance for your answers!

Gary Morris
Gary Morris is offline Find More Posts by Gary Morris
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 16, 2004, 10:53 PM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,085 Posts
rchover.com is the eolo source. jeremy is great person to deal with.
askman is offline Find More Posts by askman
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 17, 2004, 07:02 AM
Joined Aug 2001
2,644 Posts
Thanks Askman, do you have and Eolo and if so how do you like it?

Gary
Old Dec 17, 2004, 10:08 AM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,085 Posts
I have an eolo. I bought it used with lot of upgrades. nice flying, but get nervous flying it in small area compared to my corona. (too much invested) definitely 3D able.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 17, 2004, 10:15 AM
From Earth to the Moon!
Sacramento, Ca.
Joined Jul 2003
1,518 Posts
I tried to buy a Pro a few weeks ago and couldn't find one anywhere! Neither Rchover.com nor Robbeusa had them or could get them. They did say that in two to three weeks you could get them. Using that timetable you'll be pretty close!
I'm almost done with my Spirit w/ some mods. Can't wait to try it!
Joe
albireo is offline Find More Posts by albireo
Old Dec 17, 2004, 11:37 AM
Joined Aug 2001
2,644 Posts
Keep me posted on what you find there Albireo I'd be very interested since you too learned on your Corona. Just got back from the flying field after putting 4 packs through my Corona, it sure does fly well, love doing high speed circuits and low passes. I'm amazed at just how fast these things can go! Today the wind was near calm with breezes to around 7, had no problems with the wind since our flying field is so large and open free of trees.
Looking forward to getting and Eolo and seeing how that goes. What I really want is a Joker decked out so I can put a video camera on it and take some aerial videos with it. I tried it on my Corona with some success but I need a better downlink and camera, the range was really sad but it did work.

Gary
Old Dec 17, 2004, 08:24 PM
From Earth to the Moon!
Sacramento, Ca.
Joined Jul 2003
1,518 Posts
Hello Gary! I too fly my Corona in the same way; LOTS of fun. I'm always suprised how much joy I get out of my trusty 'ol Corona. I haven't finished the Eolo (waiting for a metal swash as I broke the plastic ball on mine when building) but can tell you one thing - the fit and finish is WAY better than the Corona. It's truly in another class as far as build quality (not without shortcomings though, as evidenced by PLASTIC SWASH BALLS!). Don't know how well that build translates into flying, but have been told it does.
REALLY looking forward to getting it airborne. Just waiting for that blasted SWASH! (supposed to be here yesterday - I'm getting worried).

Stay in touch.

Joe
Old Dec 17, 2004, 08:58 PM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,085 Posts
well, don't forget to do the 3rd bearing mod as well as bearing on the tail drive. that is all the mods that it requires. also, it is easy to break off the ball on the swash, so take care. very nice heli. very smooth.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 18, 2004, 12:17 AM
From Earth to the Moon!
Sacramento, Ca.
Joined Jul 2003
1,518 Posts
Thanks for the tips askman. I do indeed have the 3rd bearing, anti-rotation, tail guide upgrade, super gear, CF blades, and hopefully soon a new metal swash.

Joe