Ming is offline Find More Posts by Ming
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 16, 2004, 09:36 AM
P-61 WWII Night Fighter
Sylmar, CA
Joined Jan 2004
1,538 Posts
I like it. It would be tougher and probably take higher winds than the slow stick, yard stick and slo-V. Although I prefer pusher props for beginners, but a folding prop or prop saver would probably make it good enough.
Solcat is offline Find More Posts by Solcat
Old Dec 16, 2004, 09:41 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Very nice!

Recall that this will fly TOTALLY different from the GWS Slow Stick or for that matter any Slow model sporting an undercamber wing. I am sure you know this but, just wanted those that are new to understand that this model will fly much faster and will have intolerable stall manners at those slow speeds that the GWS SLow Stick is known for.

Your project seems to have a semi-symmetrical wing airfoil or Full Symmetrical wing such that you will need a little air speed and assist her off the ground using some Up elevator.

These wing airfoils don't tell you when they have enough air speed until you nudge a little up elevator.

Again, seems like a neat project for those that like a Sport type flyer but at lower speeds and weight.

Carlos
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
Old Dec 16, 2004, 01:35 PM
lukeselectric-rc
Blackpool, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Mar 2004
661 Posts
i was just about to say the same thing carlos,this should be much more responsive and fly faster,might even be good for some small area pylon racing

luke
luke15 is offline Find More Posts by luke15