Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 15, 2004, 03:52 PM
Boss248
n/a Posts
Check Out My New Slick.....!

This is my first go at cdrom based planes and I sude did make a good choice with the Slick from www.m-a-e.com Randy has been a total pleasure to deal with and helped me any questions I had. The kit gets a 9.5 out of 10 in my kit rating and it would have been a 10 but the elevator and rudder leading edges bevel was cut very ruff and jagged so I made some new ones. Now this is was not really needed as the kit parts would have worked with some sand paper so to me this is very minor and I am sure it was just a slip of the ole wrist.
The plans were good and easy to useand follow. The laser cut wood parts were perfect as was everthing else included. I installed the Lensrc 25 t cdrom motor on the laser cut mount and the fit and finish of the plane has me drooling to get this beauty in the air.
I showed to to all my buddies at the LHS where I work and they were very excited about and just fell in love with it. The power of the Lens 25t and the E-tec 700 2s are impressive for such a small package. I did some hover test in the garage and it hovers at about 40% and the pull from hover is strong. I may get a maiden in tonight after work if the dang wind will lay down.
So..check out the pics below and I will post a flight report and possible vids coming up shortly.

Boss
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 15, 2004, 04:18 PM
go flyin or die tryin
grafton, West Virginia, United States
Joined Jun 2004
921 Posts
nice plane where did you get it

EDIT sorry didn't see the link thanks
new flyer is offline Find More Posts by new flyer
Last edited by new flyer; Dec 15, 2004 at 04:26 PM.
Old Dec 15, 2004, 04:23 PM
Motor Maniac
Orange County, CA
Joined Feb 2002
2,875 Posts
There is a link to the mae site up in the first post. That is the company that sells this plane, along with motors and other bits and pieces.
10Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by 10Thumbs
Old Dec 15, 2004, 04:26 PM
Pro Bro #1008
USA, TX, Weatherford
Joined Sep 2003
4,676 Posts
i had a slick..it was a total pig and died a violent death on about the 10th flight...am not sure what i did wrong...but it just did not fly wortha damn..

hope you have better luck with yours!
birdie_in_texas is offline Find More Posts by birdie_in_texas
Old Dec 15, 2004, 06:56 PM
www.M-A-E.com
Lilburn, GA, USA
Joined Dec 2000
1,152 Posts
Boss - Lookin' gooood! BTW... we changed the mfg process used for cutting the bevels. They're silky smoooth now.

Birdie - Sorry to hear... musta been somethin' bad wrong there. The Slick is normally an excellent flyer. The new Gen II upgrade was just released, and now it's even better

Check out the Ezone review which should be up later tonight or tomorrow.

Randy
Model Airplane Engineering
rcflyer11 is offline Find More Posts by rcflyer11
Last edited by rcflyer11; Dec 15, 2004 at 06:58 PM.
Old Dec 15, 2004, 09:22 PM
Boss248
n/a Posts
L\It Flys By Golly....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a chance to fly the Slick a sunset in the parking lot in front of the hobby shop and the wind was blowing pretty good and the wings had warped a tiny bit due to the cold and the battery pack was a tad shy but I really liked it. The plane was nimble, smooth, easy to hover, rolling cirles after 20 seconds on the maiden and it was very easy to do..I may have the c/g a bit aft but it was cold, windy and the parking lot was busy.
The cdrom motor and the 2s 700 were nice power..nothing a rocketeer would like but just good ultra smmoth and ultra quite power. In fact the motor is so quite all you can really hear are the servos..the HES 2003 servos are fast but noisey..it was actually a very pleasent flight for a maiden.
There is a lot of wing flex in really hard G stuff but nothing that can't be fixed with some .020 carbon rods running from fuse out to about 1/2 wing span top and bottom..it would be rock solid then.
I really did not get enough quality time on it yet but enough to see I am going to enjoy the plane. I will try to get tome video here shortly.

Boss