HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 13, 2004, 08:08 PM
Joined Dec 2004
16 Posts
making battery swappable for extended run?

Heyall!

I'm planning to buy a few kokam 340 (cheap at $10usd each) and a good charger.

I have to find a suitable lightweight connector plug for the battery, and i assume i must make the connection in between the lipo and that electronics strip that attaches to it, and mount that strip permanently somewhere.

must monitor motors to be sure they don't get too hot.

any other thoughts/concerns?

thanx!
happy modding!
victory7 is offline Find More Posts by victory7
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 19, 2004, 05:11 PM
Roosendaal, Netherlands
Joined Dec 2004
2,718 Posts
Let it cool down every 5 minutes, to save your motors.

You can only solder wires onto the strip thats attached to the lipo, so you have to keep them on the pack I think. You could yank some pinns from an old printercable, solder them to some wire, shrinktube them to make neat plugs, and solder them onto your heli board. Then put some simple PC speaker plug onto the lipo pack, and just make sure you plug the wires into the right pole.

Also, find what pack position gives it perfect CoG, then glue a small bit of carbon onto the battery rail so you can easily replace the pack without doing the CoG check again.

Enjoy!
Freakazoid is offline Find More Posts by Freakazoid