HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 02, 2002, 09:34 PM
USA, CA, Laguna Niguel
Joined Feb 2001
179 Posts
hobby shops near Cancun Mexico

In May I have to go to Cancun Mexico for a business trip. I know its a tough job, but some one has to do it. I just wanted to know if any of you E-zoners out there know if there are any hobby shops in or near Cancun.

Thanks for your input,

Steve ░▄░
SMCLEM is offline Find More Posts by SMCLEM
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 03, 2002, 06:30 AM
clayton iowa usa
Joined Jan 2001
98 Posts
cancun

if you are in cancun, and you are looking for hobby shops, you are beyond help
riverrat is offline Find More Posts by riverrat
Old Mar 03, 2002, 12:41 PM
MK
NJ
Joined Feb 2001
1,074 Posts
LMAO!
MK is offline Find More Posts by MK
Old Mar 03, 2002, 12:44 PM
USA, CA, Laguna Niguel
Joined Feb 2001
179 Posts
Riverat;
I can understand why you might feel that way, but When you have to be with a group of people that you wouldn't normally be friends with, I just want some options. There might just be some real neat kits or something there that we cann't get here. one has to keep an open mind to these things.

Steve ░▄░
Old Mar 03, 2002, 01:35 PM
Texas
Joined Aug 1999
5,110 Posts
I had the opportunity to go to Cozumel on vacation two years ago. I love this hobby, but I didnĺt think about it once!

If you want to know some great snorkel locations, beaches, and a clubs that can take RC off your mind for a few days, I can help.
dave_lilley is offline Find More Posts by dave_lilley
Old Mar 04, 2002, 07:32 PM
USA, CA, Laguna Niguel
Joined Feb 2001
179 Posts
Thanks for the offer Dave, but when you have to listen to a bunch of stuffed shirts pontificate for teo days, I need something to get totally away from it. I realize there are other things besides R/C, and I will partake of them too. I mean one can only look at half naked women for so long before you need to see an airplane to come back to reality.

Steve ░▄░
Old Mar 04, 2002, 08:39 PM
Garland, Texas
Joined Jul 2000
339 Posts
Originally posted by SMCLEM

I mean one can only look at half naked women for so long before you need to see an airplane to come back to reality.
Steve ░▄░

I can never get enough of the half naked women, I went to cancun last august and I NEVER once thought of a model airplane. I did see a lot of "heavenly" sights though
Rekit is offline Find More Posts by Rekit
Old Mar 05, 2002, 03:05 AM
HyperFlight Support
United Kingdom, England, Stratford-upon-Avon
Joined Feb 2001
3,890 Posts
I doubt that there is a good model shop in Cancun. Aeromodelling doesn't seem very popular in Mexico. Does anyone know of a good model shop in Mexico City?

Neil.
Neil Stainton is online now Find More Posts by Neil Stainton
Old Mar 05, 2002, 08:16 PM
Real Men Fly Pink Planes...
United States, TX, Rockwall
Joined Jun 2001
8,080 Posts
Hola Mi Amigo! Senior; you want buy I make you good price! Come look! My Fraind! I sell Goo Stuff!

I love Mexico.

Well I dont know of a Hobby Shop near Cancun, but avoid the Senior Frogs in Playa Del Carmen. If you take the 30 mile trip down to Playa, then you can take a 30 minute ferry ride to Cozumel...What fun. If you are intent on RC'ing there then take a RC Submarine as you will be able to watch it all the way tothe bottem 80 feet down! Seriously, no sign of RC anything there, but if there were, it would be fun to Haggle the price on a Twin Jet down to 300,000 Pesos Mexican style!

Buenos Noches Mi Amigo
Kirby
kepople is offline Find More Posts by kepople