HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 13, 2004, 02:18 PM
flyman668
Ballarat Victoria Australia
Joined Apr 2004
16 Posts
Idea
A nifty tool for you guys/girls that program pics etc it is ASCII V1.0.0

Hi all it has been a long time since my last post, but I am a regular reader.

I have made a little Windows application that converts a decimal number to a character/hexadecimal/binary value, the reason for making this application was because I was sick of looking through the ASCII character charts that I have, now I simply punch in the number and it outputs the information i need quickly and easily and I see no reason to keep this application to myself so I thought I would share it with you all.

Here is a pic

And the download link enjoy
http://www.trainz-vr.com/apps/ASCII.zip

Please let me know what you think.

Cheers from Down under
David
flyman668 is offline Find More Posts by flyman668
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 13, 2004, 02:26 PM
The reviewer
Tokoroa
Joined Mar 2004
3,827 Posts
That's probably quite handy but, as a hard-core systems programmer from way-back, I (like many others who do a lot of this) have had the ASCII/hex/decimal/binary character map burned into my brain for many years.

I'm sure there are others who may find it useful though.
XJet is offline Find More Posts by XJet
Old Dec 13, 2004, 05:51 PM
Hercules, Calif
Joined Nov 2004
42 Posts
What no octal

Lefty
Leftyretro is offline Find More Posts by Leftyretro
Old Dec 13, 2004, 08:46 PM
Manila, Philippines
Joined Jul 2004
1,203 Posts
GUYS: Its just like an old DOS program called SIDEKICKS......its really useful for those TEXT base program. its also useful for current PIC controller, but I guess compiler will hander all those CHARACTER to ASCII conversion....its nice for BASIC STAMP Application.
lazy-b is offline Find More Posts by lazy-b
Old Dec 14, 2004, 07:19 AM
flyman668
Ballarat Victoria Australia
Joined Apr 2004
16 Posts
I don't suppose it will be much use for people that have been coding for years, the thing is how do you type a character that isn't on your keyboard? Most people would probably map the characters that are not there by pushing shift and then the key they want, I find that annoying that's one of the reasons for writing this program.

octal! I forgot about that do you actually want it or were you just mentioning it?

I don't like DOS!!! And I am probably not the only one. hehe

David
flyman668 is offline Find More Posts by flyman668
Old Dec 15, 2004, 12:47 AM
Manila, Philippines
Joined Jul 2004
1,203 Posts
Flyman668: I guess the new generation Hate DOS, cause you have to remember all those command to change directory, copy files to another directory.

but for me I like to use DOS, cause its so stable, infact some of my current program is in DOS like those DBASE III, its just run inside a Windows environment,...I just don't like to rewrite the whole program, if its work perpectly on DOS... I do a lots of Industrial Machine interface and I just use simple QBASIC program to control those Machine.....I guess most hacker would love DOS...its so effiency, and never hang-up......I use to have a POCKET COMPUTER HP200LX, it use DOS O.S., I can even run a flight simulation program on this PALMTOP computer.

Dos is good for Single TASK program....all program and OS can fit on a Single 1.44MB drive.

Ellion
lazy-b is offline Find More Posts by lazy-b
Last edited by lazy-b; Dec 15, 2004 at 03:13 AM.